New Adult Book Club discussion

S.C. Stephens
This topic is about S.C. Stephens
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Author Q+A's > Q&A with S.C. Stephens *CLOSED*

Comments Showing 1-50 of 100 (100 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by LeAnn (new)

LeAnn (leannelizabeth)

It's time for another Q&A brought to you by the NABC! Over the next two weeks, we will be joined by the amazing S.C. Stephens! She is the author of the fabulous Thoughtless series, the Conversion series, Collision Course, the soon to be re-released It's All Relative, and the much anticipated not yet released, Furious Rush!

Leave your questions below!

message 2: by Laurice (new)

Laurice | 35 comments Who is your favorite author?

Megan's Picks For Today Blog (mamascandylit) | 28 comments What inspire you to write?

message 4: by EMILY (new)

EMILY (goodreadscomemilypras) | 3 comments HI S.C STEPHENS.THOUGHTLESS SERIES WERE BREATHTAKING.DO YOU HAVE IN MIND WRITING A SHORT STORY OR SOMEONE'S POV IN THESE SERIES

message 5: by Vika (new)

Vika | 42 comments Hey Awesome author:)
I absolutely loved thoughtless and Thoughtful. I wanted to ask you if you are planning on writting more love hate books with a love triangle.

message 6: by Salisa (new)

Salisa (salisawaheed) | 24 comments If you had to describe your books to new readers what would you say?

message 7: by Becky (new)

Becky Wise (beckyrae99) | 33 comments What is the one book you would recommend that is a must read in your eyes?

message 8: by Maria (new)

Maria Karamintzou Hello S C Stephens! I'm glad you can answer our questions!
Can you tell us something more about Furious Rush? Is it going to be a trilogy too? The blurb doesn't reveal too much but Hayden and Mackenzie will be the protagonists! Tell us anything about those two brand new characters!
Thank you! !

message 9: by H (new)

H swan (hdeeswan) | 74 comments What was the most difficult scene to write in the Thoughtless series and why?

message 10: by Betül (new)

Betül (gemiinii) | 135 comments Hi!! <3
What does writing mean to you?

message 11: by Katie (new)

Katie Love all of your books! My first book was Collision Course a long time ago, such a sad book. What book of yours was your favorite to write?

message 12: by JMV (new)

JMV (dboys) | 968 comments First I want to thank you for writing books that reminded me why I love to read. Collision Course was such a heart breaking book. Did you draw from any life experiences when writing this or any of your other books?

message 13: by Katie (new)

Katie Hoffman (khof52) | 23 comments If you could write in any time period other than our current one, which would it be?

message 14: by Rafael (new)

Rafael (royalpolarbearraf) | 16 comments NAME 5 Favorite Foods!

message 15: by Claudia (new)

Claudia | 18 comments Ciao S.C Stephens. Thanks for answering our questions.
I would like to know, if you could spend a whole day with only one character from one of your books, who would you choose and why?
Greeting from Italy :)

message 16: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Ortiz | 733 comments Do you listen to music when you write? If so, do you have a playlist for your books?

Ophelia's Book Blog (opheliasbookblog) | 4 comments Will you write Reckless and Effortless from Kellan perspective?
I LOVED Thoughtful so so much!
I can't wait for it's all relative! xoxo

message 18: by Jen (new)

Jen Warner | 17 comments What's your writing process look like?

message 19: by Judy Miracle (new)

Judy Miracle (judymiracle) | 38 comments Are you an author who has to write everything out before you start writing or do the characters "talk to you" and you just write what they tell you and add in from that? Thank you for taking the time to answer questions.

message 20: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 73 comments What are some of your favorite love triangle or cheating themed books?

message 21: by Mercedes (new)

Mercedes | 257 comments I was wondering if you have any writing hard limits? (Maybe you steer clear of a certain genre or certain types of scenes etc.?) If so, why? Stemming from this question, is there a certain genre or trope you'd like to write and haven't yet? If so, could you tell us what the genre/trope is?

message 22: by Heather (last edited Mar 08, 2016 07:09AM) (new)

Heather if you had to change one thing about Kellan Kyle, what would it be?

message 23: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (ramblingsfromseks) | 34 comments Are you going to write books about Matt or Evan?

message 24: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (klg3566) | 24 comments I feel like you created the ultimate BBF with Kellan. Is it hard for you when creating a new hero?

message 25: by Tanja (new)

Tanja Dancy | 87 comments Would you ever try writing in a different genre? Do you take from people, places, or events in your personal life to write your books?

message 26: by ☽ Su ☾ (new)

☽ Su ☾ (bookinghamfay) did you always want to write ? and how and when you started ?

message 27: by Marife (new)

Marife (ashleychee) | 21 comments If you could co-write with another author, who would you choose?

message 28: by Louise (new)

Louise | 109 comments I'll hopefully meeting you in Edinburgh in July and will be going all fan girl over you and some other authors. Do you get all excited about meeting other authors? If so, who?

message 29: by Angelina (new)

Angelina (angelina-sexy-pervy-girl) | 46 comments Do you have any writing rituals?
Are you going to write books about the other members of d-bags?

message 30: by Brenna (new)

Brenna (brennaleigh) | 62 comments Was Kellan based on anyone in your life, or are you just that skilled at creating the ultimate bbf?!

message 31: by Elena (new)

Elena (elenak84) | 65 comments do you listen to music while writing?

message 32: by S.C. (new)

S.C. Stephens (scstephens) Elena wrote: "do you listen to music while writing?"

I do! I listen to the radio a lot now, but if I'm working on a particular scene, I might grab my iPod and listen to the same song over and over and over.

message 33: by S.C. (new)

S.C. Stephens (scstephens) Brenna wrote: "Was Kellan based on anyone in your life, or are you just that skilled at creating the ultimate bbf?!"

Haha! Nope, Kellan is 100% imaginary. Sigh.

message 34: by S.C. (new)

S.C. Stephens (scstephens) Angelina wrote: "Do you have any writing rituals?
Are you going to write books about the other members of d-bags?"

I prefer a quiet house and a large cup of coffee, but I don't know if that's really a ritual. ;) I might eventually do other D-Bag books, but I'm taking a break for now.

message 35: by S.C. (new)

S.C. Stephens (scstephens) Louise wrote: "I'll hopefully meeting you in Edinburgh in July and will be going all fan girl over you and some other authors. Do you get all excited about meeting other authors? If so, who?"

I am not an outgoing person, so I get anxiety meeting people, lol. I did almost cry when I met Christina Lauren though. Love them!

message 36: by S.C. (new)

S.C. Stephens (scstephens) Marife wrote: "If you could co-write with another author, who would you choose?"

I've tossed around co-writing books with Nicky Charles and K.A. Linde, but I don't know. It mystifies me how authors do it. I wouldn't even know where to start!

message 37: by S.C. (new)

S.C. Stephens (scstephens) ☽ Su ☾ wrote: "did you always want to write ? and how and when you started ?"

I've always had the desire in the back of my brain to write, but never thought I'd be able to get through a full story. Then I started writing Thoughtless, and it just happened!

message 38: by S.C. (new)

S.C. Stephens (scstephens) Tanja wrote: "Would you ever try writing in a different genre? Do you take from people, places, or events in your personal life to write your books?"

Contemporary romance is where I'm most comfortable, so I'll probably stick close to that genre, but I do love paranormal romance as well. I'll get ideas for books through random things--songs on the radio, ads on TV, an overheard conversation. It's not usually my real life though.

message 39: by S.C. (new)

S.C. Stephens (scstephens) Kelly wrote: "I feel like you created the ultimate BBF with Kellan. Is it hard for you when creating a new hero?"

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!! You just nailed my anxiety on the head, lol. I can't recreate Kellan (and I don't want to). All I can do is make a man who appeals to me and hope he appeals to other people too. The stress comes from worrying that readers will compare the two, and any new guy will fall short just because he's not Kellan. No one can be Kellan but Kellan...but other guys are awesome too! ;)

message 40: by S.C. (new)

S.C. Stephens (scstephens) Stephanie wrote: "Are you going to write books about Matt or Evan?"

Possibly one day, but for now I'm taking a break from the D-Bags.

message 41: by S.C. (new)

S.C. Stephens (scstephens) Heather wrote: "if you had to change one thing about Kellan Kyle, what would it be?"

Hmmm...I honestly don't think I'd change anything about him. He's exactly who I want him to be. :)

message 42: by S.C. (new)

S.C. Stephens (scstephens) Paige wrote: "Did you have that same heart in your throat feeling writing Thoughtless that I had while reading it or is it different since you're writing?"

It was such a different experience writing it, that I didn't even realize how stressful it was until other people started reading it, lol. It was just fun for me. :)

message 43: by S.C. (new)

S.C. Stephens (scstephens) Mercedes wrote: "I was wondering if you have any writing hard limits? (Maybe you steer clear of a certain genre or certain types of scenes etc.?) If so, why? Stemming from this question, is there a certain genre or..."

Writing is my happy place, so everything I write is within my comfort zone. I love angst and tension, so my stories all seem to have that aspect running through them. I'm also a sappy, hopeless romantic, so that's usually in the story too.

message 44: by S.C. (new)

S.C. Stephens (scstephens) Michelle wrote: "What are some of your favorite love triangle or cheating themed books?"

I'm still a huge fan of the Edward-Bella-Jacob triangle. I know, I know, it's been ages...I still love it though. K.A. Linde is great at triangles too. Her books require plenty of vodka and Tums, but they're so worth it.

message 45: by S.C. (new)

S.C. Stephens (scstephens) Judy Miracle wrote: "Are you an author who has to write everything out before you start writing or do the characters "talk to you" and you just write what they tell you and add in from that? Thank you for taking the ti..."

Typically, I write as I go and let the story decide itself. Lately though, I've had to do a little planning and plotting. Fewer rewrites that way. :)

message 46: by Patti (new)

Patti | 4 comments You are one of my favorite authors! I have read most of your books! Trying to get to all of them. Out of all the books you've written, which characters were your favorites to create?

Aleksandra Reads  | 48 comments Who is your favorite fictional character? Why?

message 48: by M. (new)

M. Tsuki (mtsuki) | 10 comments Is writing your full time job?

✩⋆ Victoria ⋆✩ (findmeinabookshop) | 24 comments If you couldn't be an author, what do you reckon you'd have as a job now?:) x

message 50: by J. (new)

J. (leaj) | 275 comments If you could be any book character for a day, who would you choose and why? :)

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.