The Party Journal!! discussion

Aurie's Journal! > Working Myself Up

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi! :D

So I was thinking of another thing to add to my journal, and I asked myself- what do I tend to do a lot? I have a thread about making lists, writing poems, and one just about me. But another thing I tend to do is work myself up over little things, like certain things in books or things that have happened to me. So I created another island in my little world- A Workout Center! But it's not a place where you physically work out, it's where you work out all the frustration over something small in your head until you get even more worked up about it!

This thread, just like all of my other ones, is open for anyone to post if they'd like to participate too. Or if you'd just like to see me mess around and stuff.

See you soon! ♡

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 03, 2016 08:04PM) (new)

Okay, so, I'm reading a book right now (Sky on Fire) and it's AMAZEBEANS so far. Fast paced, action packed dystopoan thriller, part of a fine distraction series. But there's just one thing about it that, well, made me think a bit.

I'm not going to go too much into the real plot to avoid spoiling for anyone who wants to read it, but I'll just tell you a bit about the main character- Dean. Scince the first book, he had a crush on Astrid, a girl in the book. They like each other now, but before that, Astrid obviously didn't give a chestnut about Dean.

Which made me wonder...

Why are some books so terrible with shipping? Like, this definitely isn't the first time I'll open up a book and read:

...I barely knew him/her and he/she was already dating someone, but I was madly in love with him/her. He/she was the most beautiful person in the world and my heart was blinded by the beautifullness and beauty! He /she was so smart and funny and witty and wonderful and friendly and generous and empathetic and sincere and loyal and intresting and well rounded- even though I've never spoken to him/her in my life and really have no idea who he/she is, I know all of that is true.

You see what I mean? I'm getting tired of reading about some idiot so starved for affection or whatever that they convince themselves they're "in luvvv" with some random boring character, and half of the book is just them talking about how good some stranger is. I mean, if your going to waste time telling me about some bonehead's crush, at least make it an intresting person!

And sometimes, the character does know the person, but the person's a complete tool.

Like, let me take Legend by Marie Lu for example (which is my second favorite book I've ever read). Even such an amazing trilogy made me rip out my hair sometimes.

Day loved June. Day was rich, June was poor. June blamed him for something he didn't do, caused the DEATHS of people he loved, and was an emotionless jerk. And Day, who already had a friend named Tess who liked him... Day went ahead and decided he loved June.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! JUNE DON'T LOVE YOU SHE'S THE REASON WHY YOU'RE IN THIS MESS! LOVE?! MORE LIKE PITY! YOU SAID YOU LOVED HER RIGHT AWAY- DID SHE SAY IT BACK?!? NOOOOO. (view spoiler)

ALL SHE CARES ABOUT IS HER DANG LOGIC. IF AND IF YOU DODN'T KNOW HER, YOU WOULDN'T BE SO JACKED UP IN THE FIRST PLACE DUMBO!! SHE TOOK YOUR ALREADY CRUDDY LIFE AND SHE SOILED IT! COMPLETELY SOOOILED IT! WHAT IS THIS?!!!

AAAAGH!
ahhhh.. inhale... exhale.

(I read the series a long time ago and did grow to like Day and June together, a lot, and I couldn't think of a way to change anything about that series, but it still still bothers me...)

Welp, see you later! :D