What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Wish List
This topic is about The Wish List
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Book about a girl who dies in a nuclear explosion [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lucy (new) - added it

Lucy Gaskin | 11 comments Ok so I heard about this book years ago so these details might not be entirely accurate but here we go. It's a book (I think) about a girl who dies in some kind of explosion, I think it was a nuclear plant accident but I'm not sure, anyway, the decider on whether you go to heaven or hell depends on what colour your soul or blood or something is. I think if you're red you go one place and if you're blue you go somewhere else but this girl is purple so she has to be tested or something to decide where she goes? If anyone knows what I'm on about that would be appreciated!

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4723 comments How many years ago was "years ago?"

Was this for adults, teens or children?

Anything about the cover?

message 3: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2231 comments Did the death and assignment to heaven/hell happen near the beginning of the book (so the rest was about the character's experiences there), or was it the climax of the book? Do you recall the time period in which it was set -- 1950s, 1960s, near future, distant future?

Sean (seanodell) | 5 comments Here's the first line from Wikipedia article.

"The Wish List is a fantasy novel by Eoin Colfer, the author of the Artemis Fowl series. It chronicles the adventures of Meg Finn, a teenage girl killed in a gas explosion who must earn her place in Heaven by returning to Earth to help the pensioner she attempted to rob."

And the colors are definitely in there, too.

message 5: by Lucy (new) - added it

Lucy Gaskin | 11 comments Brilliant! That must be it as it sounds like something the friend I thought told me about it would read. Thank you!