Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Sicily Duval
This topic is about Sicily Duval
Questions > Make these books into a series and look at the authors profile.

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashley5724) | 778 comments https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Can you also look at her list of books duplicates and other series to link together.

I know it is asking alot, but it would make it so much easier. Also, alot of her books are also listed under author "Darkness to Light Publishing" should they be put under her only?

message 2: by Rafael (new)

Rafael da Silva (morfindel) | 1362 comments Someone created the series, I combined the books. Look if I forgot anything.

message 3: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashley5724) | 778 comments What about the rest of my question?

message 4: by Rafael (new)

Rafael da Silva (morfindel) | 1362 comments What rest?

message 5: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashley5724) | 778 comments Can you also look at her list of books duplicates and other series to link together.

I know it is asking alot, but it would make it so much easier. Also, alot of her books are also listed under author "Darkness to Light Publishing" should they be put under her only?

message 6: by Dobby (last edited Mar 04, 2016 11:25AM) (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 3610 comments Ashley, I'm working on this, and you're right - it is going to take some time to sort through. It appears that the "Darkness to Light Publishing" issue has been fixed. ETA: Nope; that still needs work as well. Working on it.

Update: I'm working on the books in alphabetical order. I've done a preliminary pass on the titles from Addicted to the Alpha through Meet the Parents. Still working on it ...

Update 2: The "Darkness and Light Publishing" issue is huge, right now showing 149 distinct titles. I've reviewed some of them, but determining which titles belong to specific authors is problematic.

I have returned to going through Duval's book list, focusing on getting all her titles in order.

message 7: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashley5724) | 778 comments Thank you

message 8: by Dobby (last edited Mar 06, 2016 09:30AM) (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 3610 comments I have gone through Sicily Duval's book list and edited the titles to remove the tags that affected how the books were alphabetized. Where it was easily apparent, I set up and/or edited series names. In many cases, it was not so easily apparent. In those instances, I did not do anything with the series information.

Many of her books appear to have been reissued with different titles. I combined stray titles as I found them. While I reviewed her titles to assure consistency, I did not review each edition.

It should be easier now to see the author's book list, especially if you sort them by title. If you see a book that needs to be added to a series, please start a new thread so the request doesn't get lost in this thread.

Regarding the books showing Darkness and Light Publishing as an author: we can add an author as contributor to a specific title when requested to do so. Again, I suggest starting a new thread so the request doesn't get lost in this one.

message 9: by Krazykiwi (new)

Krazykiwi | 1767 comments Dobby, I believe you are misunderstanding the request. Publishers are not authors, and Darkness and Light Publishing should not be listed on any books at all. Every single book on that profile needs fixing and the authors corrected.

message 10: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 839 comments i think the problem is that many of them don't have another author tagged, so just removing the publisher wouldn't help - its a huge issue that needs to be fixed

message 11: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 839 comments and amazon lists the publisher as Darkness and Light publishing as well

message 12: by Krazykiwi (new)

Krazykiwi | 1767 comments There's several groups of authors and publishers who do this. Most of the books have ~a dozen or more ASINS and have been published tons of times.

It's usually pretty easy to find what other author name they were originally published under. In this case a) Ashley told us in the first post that Sicily Duvall's books are on that profile and b) The first one I'm fixing right now says what books are contained in it, and searching for those finds ... Sicily Duval. It may not be the case for all of them, but it's not an insurmountable or unfixable problem, it just takes a little research.

(PS: If you can't easily find the authors on GR already, the amazon look inside often gives them up.)

message 13: by Dobby (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 3610 comments Correct. For the Duval books, I corrected each instance of Darkness and Light Publishing - deleting it as an author because, as you pointed out, publishing companies cannot be listed as authors. There are currently 129 distinct works listed under Darkness and Light Publishing authorship - all 129 of those are incorrect.

I removed Darkness and Light Publishing from each of the Duval books. I did go into a few of the other D&LP titles and researched each of the books listed in the description to find the author; I fixed each of those. Because I was focusing on the Duval title issue from the original request, I stopped the Darkness and Light Publishing research and went back to the original request.

As Dee pointed out, it is a huge issue. It does need to be fixed. Looking at the Amazon link does not always provide the answer, because the edition is no longer available on the Amazon site. You have to look at the list of books in the description, then research each of those titles to determine the author.

message 14: by Krazykiwi (new)

Krazykiwi | 1767 comments There's 129 now, there were 146 when I first looked at that profile :)

It's not that huge an issue, it just looks like it before you start (and this is far from the biggest publisher list that we've gotten fixed). This stuff really is easy to fix, it's just a little fiddly.

message 15: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashley5724) | 778 comments Thank you all for all your work!