Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2) Glass Sword discussion

Book 3 TITLE and PLOT predictions

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nessie Honculada I think Book 3 will have the title "SILVER THRONE"

PLOT PREDICTION:

Mare agreed to be enslaved by Maven so she can be near him and kill him but then, she discovers an unexpected thing about Maven and the throne plus the whole of Norta. Not only that, she will discover something about the Scarlet Guard...etc.

I also think that maybe, just maybe, Maven will have a change of heart. I dunno.

We never know, coz HRH Victoria Aveyard is the master of plot twists and epic endings.

----- guys, post your own predictions! This would be so much fun!

Beki Henry- (acourtofreading) Victoria said that there will be another pov I hope it's Cal because it will be really interesting to see how he deals with Mare sacrificing herself to Maven pretty much to protect him. Also we will know who the core love story is. Part of me really wants it to be Cal but then a small, twister part of me wants it to be Maven. I don't think I'll mind who it will be. I think Mare will be at the castle for a majority of the book, and we'll have some amazing interaction with Mavey, he will really push her to her limit I think. But then I expect Cal and the others will come and rescue her, or she will get out herself

Jadary Dominguez I'm honestly hoping for Maven to have that baby-face change (only for Mare) and be with her! I've been pulling for them since book 1 and even though he was apart of one the biggest betrayals I had ever read, I'm still hoping Maven and Mare end up together. BUT, I am kind of hoping it isn't like a typical ending, since Aveyard is known for her epic twists and turns, I'm really pulling for something along the lines of Mare becoming evil like Maven. I find that that would be such a unique twist in the story. But I expect alot of interaction between Mare and Maven while he continues his search for the newbloods as they grow affectionate of each other in a cynical way. But then have Cal as the other point of view seeing how he plans to rescue her when she doesn't really need rescuing. And i have a feelings Kilorn's life is going to come to a tragic end in book 3 because Maven and Cal are enough for Mare to deal with!

message 4: by Thaira (new) - added it

Thaira Cha Jadary wrote: "I'm honestly hoping for Maven to have that baby-face change (only for Mare) and be with her! I've been pulling for them since book 1 and even though he was apart of one the biggest betrayals I had ..."

YOU JUST SAID ALL THE THINGS I WANNA SAY

message 5: by Nina (new)

Nina I think book 3. will have the title "Silver Dawn" and have a crown with silver blood. The title of the 4. book could be "New Rise"(you know "new" from newblood..) and it'll have a crown without blood cause there won't be any fights after the end.

My plot prediction:

1. Mare tries to trick Maven into a romantic releationship so she can be near him and kill him but little by little she finds herself searching for the boy he once was. She might not see it or doesn't want to accept these feelings and ignories them. Kinda romantic I hope Mavey does the same and finds his notes in her pockets so he uncovers what she tries to hide: She still loves him. I also hope they'll marry and have children :3 yes, I said children. And I give a damn how this happens.(Plus much more romantic stuff and a bit of changing Maven. Honestly I really like him how he know is and don't support the idea of redemption. So I would say I'm completely fine if he acts just sweet to her.)

While she is trapped in the castle Cal starts a rescue mission and engages himself more and more for the Reds. I expect a lot of ineractions between him and the Scarlet Guard. However I wish me a real depressing mental break down for Mare. Suffer and sorrow. (cause she deserves it) Mare was in Glass Sword so heartless , kinda cruel that I suppose it's possible she'll turn into a villain in the 3rd book. She deceives others and herself for so long that she eventuallay lost sight of her real self. She decides to team up with Maven to save the Reds but she does it in such a cruel way that she turns herself into a monster. Cal tries to save her from Maven but when he refuses her methods she feels herself betrayed and denies him. The result would be scarlet guard vs. Maven and Mare and a war between the Silver Kings of Norta, Lakelands and Piedmont.

I realize my predictions share a few similarities to yours.

Tenmodo hopefully nothing bad will happen to maven! And him and mare get together after realising their feelings for each Other!

Brittany Aveyard said that there is no possible relationship for Mare and Maven but I feel really meh about Cal now.

Tenmodo On her site she recently said that it was a misinterpretation! So there is still a chance

Katrina♡•• Mainy wrote: "On her site she recently said that it was a misinterpretation! So there is still a chance"

Really??? That's great:) I will always go down with my ship but....what is the ship name since Mare and Marven would pretty much spell one name...

Tenmodo Kisses A wrote: "Mainy wrote: "On her site she recently said that it was a misinterpretation! So there is still a chance"

Really??? That's great:) I will always go down with my ship but....what is the ship name si..."

MARVEN OR MARVEY
Let me quote the question and what she said...
Anon:
Ok so I really like mare and maven and in one of the interviews u stated that u do not support mare and maven. Is that true or did I misinterpret that?
Victoria's:
"Misinterpreted. I know exactly which article your talking about. The headline is way out of context especially if you read the headline."

wishfool Brittany wrote: "Aveyard said that there is no possible relationship for Mare and Maven but I feel really meh about Cal now."

is this true? :'(
i want Mare end up with Maven so badly TT^TT

мэте хона Jadary wrote: "I'm honestly hoping for Maven to have that baby-face change (only for Mare) and be with her! I've been pulling for them since book 1 and even though he was apart of one the biggest betrayals I had ..."

OMG yes, I'm hoping she will go evil too! And I think it's possible because it was sorta hinted at when she was talking to Julian, and I think that this might be good enough to work with because Maven's betrayal was hinted at, and than bam, turned out to be true.

Tenmodo I don't think mare would go evil, that seems impossible!! But I would like that too!!! Or a redeemed mavey!?

Courtney I don't think Maven will change or that Mare will go evil. Maven is too like his mother and Mare wants the newbloods to rise.

message 15: by Courtney (last edited Jun 05, 2016 12:22AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Courtney Nina wrote: "My plot prediction:

1. Mare tries to trick Maven into a romantic releationship so she can be near him and kill him but little by little she finds herself searching for the boy he once was. She might not see it or doesn't want to accept these feelings and ignories them."

I absolutely agree. I think she'll try and find the Maven she fell in love with, but then something will happen and she will be confused and think that perhaps she is holding the wrong end of the stick or something.

I think that the 3rd book will focus mainly on Mare and Maven but then have a new point of view from Cal teaming up with the Scarlet Guard to get her back. I'm also thinking that towards the end, Cal (and/or the rest of the Scarlet Guard) finds Mare and Maven hugging/kissing or something like that. I haven't any ideas on what the third book will be called.
I think then that the 4th book will be something like Mare having to decide who she really likes all the while trying to lead a rebellion. I'm thinking that the last couple of scenes might be something like Mare and Cal getting engaged and becoming the rulers of newbloods, Reds and Silvers...OR...Cal giving Mare some land of which Mare would become queen (possibly with Maven if some crazy sh*t happens) and then both agreeing to rule peaceably.

I'm also thinking then that the title of 4th book would be something mixing the newbloods, Reds and SIlvers together.

Katrina♡•• I really hope the author does not pull a Ruin and Rising ending from the Grisha Trilogy. I hope that book 3 is used to repair Mare and Maven's relationship and she finds out exactly what is going on and the reason he betrayed her( hoping for a life thretning reason, something worth betrayal) Maybe he can redeem himself and her feelings will resurface. Cal will rescue her not knowing that she has forgiven Maven and he will be left to fend for himselfm . Book 3 will take up where Mare has not seen Maven for some time and part of the book is spent teaming up with him to defeat whatever Norta Army??? No idea. Mare will choose Maven and Cal will fall head over heels for Farley.

Tenmodo Kisses A wrote: "I really hope the author does not pull a Ruin and Rising ending from the Grisha Trilogy. I hope that book 3 is used to repair Mare and Maven's relationship and she finds out exactly what is going o..."

If only that could happen!!

Shorouq Although I wish for Maven to show the side that Mare loved (as did I) I still don't think them getting together is a possibility. If someone betrays you so deeply how can you ever trust them even with a cup of tea.
But I agree with most of you, I predict that Mare had a whole plan when she went to Maven. That she will try to trick him into a romantic relationship either to show the boy she fell in love with or to simply kill him.

Courtney Nessie wrote: "I think Book 3 will have the title "SILVER THRONE""

I just had a thought. Perhaps the third book will be about how Maven makes life hell for the Silvers and even more so for the Reds. Or at least show that happening.

Rin44 Its obvious that Book 3 is going to revolve around Mare and Maven. I think that Mare is going to get closer to Maven and then assassinate him. Idk whether or not she is going to try to trick him into a romantic relationship, but that would be interesting to read about.

I am 90% sure that the second Pov is Cameron's. Aveyard hinted at it being a "she", so its not Cal's or Kilorn's. She also said that is wasn't Farley's, so it must be Cameron's. Cal is diffidently going to lead the group to storm the palace and rescue Mare.

Victoria also mentioned a wedding taking place. I predict that its going to be Mare and Maven's. And that is when the Scarlet Guard will attack the place and when Maven will be killed. :)

Tenmodo OMGGGG imagine mare and maven getting married!! Ahhh.. Will Silently wait for that to happen.. Of coarse AFTER mavey is redeemed!

Danielle's Books Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Any ideas guys?

Rin44 Danielle wrote: "

Any ideas guys?"

Hmmm

Maybe Prince's Cage
I saw something like that on tumblr

Courtney Leia320 wrote: "Danielle wrote: "Any ideas guys?"
Hmmm
Maybe Prince's Cage
I saw something like that on tumblr"

Ooh, yeah. That fits.
When will it be coming out? Is that 7th of February or 2nd of July?

Rin44 Courtney wrote: "Leia320 wrote: "Danielle wrote: "Any ideas guys?"
Hmmm
Maybe Prince's Cage
I saw something like that on tumblr"

Ooh, yeah. That fits.
When will it be coming out? Is that 7th of February or 2nd of..."

It'll be coming out Feb 7
Tittle/cover reveal tomorrow :)
So excited!

Danielle's Books The title is King's Cage guys! The cover will be released June 28th sadly...

Courtney King's Cage! AH! Now I really, really need to read the next book. Even if it is just the first few lines!!!