The Selection (The Selection, #1) The Selection question

Selection Series
M M Mar 01, 2016 12:49PM
If you could, what changes would you make to the entire Selection series? Do you like The Heir or would you have preferred more detail about America?

Salome (last edited Mar 02, 2016 07:00AM ) Mar 01, 2016 02:30PM   -1 votes
I'm so glad you asked that question!!!! I think I summarized it in my review of the third book, but I felt this series had INCREDIBLE potential and then blew it for a cookie-cutter YA romance ending.

As I read the first book, I realized that it was almost more a dystopian novel and was hoping the series would continue that way. I expected America to be kicked out of the selection (most likely by Maxon catching her and Aspen). I then expected her to join up with the rebels to fight against the caste system. After the rebels win, she would convince them to elect Maxon as the president and then the story could be left with an optimistically opened ending.

Essentially... I went into the series expecting cookie cutter romance... got super excited by the possibility of an incredible Dystopian... but in the end got the cookie cutter romance. I shouldn't have been disappointed, but I was.

I haven't read The Heir.