What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Me and My Million
This topic is about Me and My Million
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Dyslexic boy in London with a stolen painting [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Robby Charters (robbycharters) | 3 comments I read it as a paperback about 20 years ago. I've forgotten both the title and the author.

The genre, adventure, humour, satire, maybe YA.

It's told in the first person POV of an illiterate dyslexic boy, who lives with his brother who's an art thief. He waits, as instructed, by the bus stop, and receives it in a bag of dirty laundry, which his brother and accomplice give him as they're running from the scene. He's been told to get on a particular bus, but, being dyslexic, gets the number wrong and goes off in the wrong direction. Thus begins his adventure, in which he meets all sorts of types, spends the night in the London underground, and ends up on a houseboat belonging to a painter.

message 2: by Ayshe (new) - added it

Ayshe | 4229 comments Me And My Million seems to be your book?

Robby Charters (robbycharters) | 3 comments That's it! Thank you. Although I wonder if it had a different title when I read it around 20 years ago. I had thought the title was named after the painting, but maybe not.

message 4: by Ayshe (new) - added it

Ayshe | 4229 comments Great! About the title it's possible that there was different one, but all the editions on worldcat.org have just that one: http://www.worldcat.org/title/me-and-...

Robby Charters (robbycharters) | 3 comments Thank you Ayshe