Goodreads Choice Awards Book Club discussion

Archive - Additional Reads > The Nerdy Nummies Cookbook - March 2016

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 5949 comments Mod
Food & Cookbooks nominee

The Nerdy Nummies Cookbook Sweet Treats for the Geek in All of Us by Rosanna Pansino

The Nerdy Nummies Cookbook: Sweet Treats for the Geek in All of Us by Rosanna Pansino

The long-awaited first cookbook from the creator and host of the Internet’s most popular baking show, Nerdy Nummies: a collection of Rosanna Pansino’s all-time favorite geeky recipes as well as sensational new recipes exclusive to this book.

The Nerdy Nummies Cookbook is quirky, charming, and fun, featuring the recipes behind Rosanna Pansino’s celebrated, one-of-a-kind creations, as well as beautiful, mouthwatering photographs throughout. It is the perfect companion that you’ll turn to whenever you want to whip up a delicious treat and be entertained all at once. And best of all, these treats are as simple as they are fun to make! No need for costly tools or baking classes to create these marvelous delights yourself.

The Nerdy Nummies Cookbook combines two things Rosanna loves: geek culture and baking. Her fondness for video games, science fiction, math, comics, and lots of other things considered “nerdy” have inspired every recipe in this book. You’ll find the recipes for many beloved fan favorites from the show, such as Apple Pi Pie, the Chocolate Chip Smart Cookie, and Volcano Cake; as well as many new geeky recipes, such as Dinosaur Fossil Cake, Moon Phase Macarons, and the Periodic Table of Cupcakes. The Nerdy Nummies Cookbook showcases Rosanna’s most original and popular creations, and each recipe includes easy-to-follow photo instructions and a stunning shot of the finished treat in all its geeky glory: a delicious confection sure to please the geek in all of us!

message 2: by Lynn, Moderator (last edited Feb 29, 2016 07:37AM) (new)

Lynn | 4071 comments Mod
Kristie, did you look her up on YouTube? Seems like a lovely girl but that much 'sweetness and cuteness' brings out that grumpy side of me! lol

message 3: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

lol! No, I just looked up the book and glanced through the few pages I could to see what it was like. I will have to go check out her page though.

message 4: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Here's a link to her page for anyone that is interested: https://www.youtube.com/user/RosannaP...

message 5: by Kristie, Moderator (last edited Feb 29, 2016 07:45AM) (new)

Wow...she is very cute and peppy. She is 30 years old.... I feel like I was such an old lady compared to her at that age. lol She seems very young. I would have guessed 22 by presentation.

message 6: by Lynn, Moderator (new)

Lynn | 4071 comments Mod
Kristie wrote: "Wow...she is very cute and peppy. "

VERY! I know it makes me a horrible person but watching too much of her makes me want to punch her something

message 7: by Kristie, Moderator (last edited Feb 29, 2016 07:59AM) (new)

lol! Too funny!

I wonder if that's her real voice or just part of her show presentation. A lot of her presentation is over the top and has to be for the camera. I can't imagine she's like that in real life.

ally  ¯\(ツ)/¯ (allykennedy) | 1002 comments Bhahahahahaha, Oh Lynn! I can totally relate!

message 9: by Stephanie (last edited Apr 11, 2016 10:20AM) (new)

Stephanie (teff1979) | 69 comments Ok loved the books layout. I loved that she has labeled the photos with letters to correspond with the steps. The photography in the book is wonderful. Her recipes look delish and area very cute if you need a dessert in the theme. When I can I will have to watch her youtube video