Start by marking “The Nerdy Nummies Cookbook: Sweet Treats for the Geek in All of Us” as Want to Read:
The Nerdy Nummies Cookbook: Sweet Treats for the Geek in All of Us

The Nerdy Nummies Cookbook: Sweet Treats for the Geek in All of Us

4.41  ·  Rating Details ·  1,227 Ratings  ·  109 Reviews
The long-awaited first cookbook from the creator and host of the Internet’s most popular baking show, Nerdy Nummies: a collection of Rosanna Pansino’s all-time favorite geeky recipes as well as sensational new recipes exclusive to this book.

The Nerdy Nummies Cookbook is quirky, charming, and fun, featuring the recipes behind Rosanna Pansino’s celebrated, one-of-a-kind crea
Published November 3rd 2015 by Atria Books

A few years ago, my son introduced me to Rosanna Pansino's YouTube cooking webshow called Nerdy Nummies and we have been logging in to watch every week since. Rosanna is the cutest little chef you will ever see and she makes fairly simple-to-follow snacks and treats that are themed with all things nerdy. Over the years, my son and I have recreated several of her recipes with fun success! When I saw she had a cookbook coming out, there was no doubt we would be adding a copy to our kitchen. And... ...more
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
Jan 18, 2016 Amanda [Novel Addiction] rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
In theory, I love this book. It has the cutest sweet treats I've ever seen. Some of them are too pretty to eat, but that wouldn't stop me.

But in reality, this book makes me angry because never in my life would I make any of it. I don't have that kind of time. And as nerdy as I am, when it would come time to actually assemble everything, I know I would suddenly just stop caring.

So essentially: Cute in theory, time-consuming and tiring in practice.
Maria
Feb 18, 2016 Maria rated it liked it
This is a cute cookbook to look through, but it will only be really useful if you've got a very specific need to make a nerdy dessert. The cake that looks like a computer's motherboard and the apple pi pie were my two favorite recipes that I think I might actually make some day.

The most ridiculous was the Periodic Table of Cupcakes, because no one in their right mind is going to tackle a project that requires you to make 8 dozen cupcakes, like 8 different colors of buttercream frosting, plus 80+
Claire
Nov 22, 2016 Claire rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
So cute!! Only 4/5 because the purpose of this cookbook is more to just look at all the cute recipes, but none of them are feasible to make. A solid 75% of these recipes (easily more) all deal with fondant, like I have the time to fuck with that? And every single one uses tons of food coloring, which is really not healthy and is super annoying if you've got food coloring allergies. Would've been cool if she added a blurb about natural food coloring options, like beet juice or turmeric, etc.
Julie
Nov 18, 2015 Julie rated it it was amazing
This was absolutely adorable. I love Ro's Youtube show, and this cookbook is just as awesome as her show. The recipes look great, and the cookbook itself was a joy to read. I can't wait to make these recipes. I also think a lot of these would be great for kids to make (I'm thinking about making some of these with my niece!).
Jasmine
Clear instructions with lots of photos, the foods look delicious, and it just feels kind. No backhanded stabs at other types of nerds, or jocks, or people who aren't up on the latest memes. Just fun cute delicious nerdy baked goods.
Karina
Nov 22, 2015 Karina rated it it was amazing
The cookbook is filled with the most nerdy and creative treats of the whole cookbook history. Sometimes, I just wanna eat the whole book. Yes, it's that delicious.
Correen
Mar 22, 2016 Correen rated it really liked it
Fun food projects. She has some very interesting ideas. I sent this to my granddaughter thinking she might enjoy making a volcano or other science type cake for her budding four year old science enthusiast.
Erin
Feb 10, 2016 Erin rated it really liked it
At first, I was extremely disappointed. The first chapter? Nothing new. Nothing special.
Oh duh, she's giving the tools to make the cool things later.

Some clever ideas. Lotta time required for everything. Don't know if I'll ever make anything, but I really liked the Geode Cupcakes.
Naailah
Dec 22, 2015 Naailah rated it it was amazing
Even though I have no clue how to make any of these, mooning over the pages was really fun because there are some really amazing recipes in here if you have the patience and the skill.
Ben Biddle
Mar 19, 2016 Ben Biddle rated it really liked it
Shelves: geek
Great ideas! I appreciate the photos with every step. There are some good STEM desserts too!
Sally_skellington
Dec 07, 2016 Sally_skellington rated it it was amazing
Ich als eingefleischter Nerd musste dieses Buch ab dem Moment haben, als ich es zum ersten mal sah. Ich war direkt begeistert davon, noch begeisterter war ich aber als das gute Stück mich zu Hause erreichte und ich die Rezepte gesehen habe.

Niemals hätte ich gedacht, das jemand wie ich sowas tolles Zaubern könnte, aber ich habs geschafft und ich war richtig stolz auf mich. Es ist auch garnicht so schwer, wie ich gedacht habe. Man muss nur dabei bleiben und alles genau Abwiegen, dann ist auch sch
Cat
Feb 14, 2017 Cat rated it it was amazing
Loved this book at first flip through! I found a copy at my local library and have just ordered it! Sooo good! Lots of geeky, nerdy recipes to make for the IT, gamers, scientists, scholars, etc... in your life! Loads of recipes with step by step instructions and photos of each! Lots of fun in this recipe book to make cakes, cookies, cupcakes and other fun things for every occassion to come for months!
Alyssa Boxer
Nov 21, 2016 Alyssa Boxer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cook-books
this book is adorable. I enjoyed going through, reading all the recipes and looking at all the colorful pictures. Many of these recipes are more advanced than what I am capable. This is in part because I don't own the tools necessary to make them. That being said, I still plan on attempting some of the more simple recipes.
John Ivy
Jan 05, 2017 Maayan rated it it was amazing
IT IS AWESOME!!!!
Maryposa
Dec 01, 2016 Maryposa rated it really liked it
Cute. I love her. It's more about the decorating than actual baking, but still fun.
Wendy
Oct 27, 2015 Wendy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fans of Rosanna Pansino's informative and fun Youtube videos will absolutely love her first cookbook, The Nerdy Nummies Cookbook : Sweet Treats For The Geek In All Of Us.

I'm an amazing cook (yes, I'm praising myself) but I find myself to be a rather sub-par baker, particularly when it comes to cakes. The oven and I just aren't friends when I'm baking a cake, cookies, or anything else of the sort. When I discovered that Rosanna was releasing her very first cookbook filled with new delicious treat
Samma
Dec 05, 2015 Samma rated it liked it
Shelves: good-eating
So, this isn't a "cook book" so much as it is an instructional decorating book. There are about ten or so core recipes (including Royal Icing, Chocolate Cake, Roll-out/Sugar cookies, and Marshmallow Fondant), and the latter 2/3rds of the book are all how those various recipes can be applied to different nerdy dessert pursuits.

Not that it's a bad thing as it does mean that things stay relatively simple. Once you've perfected a few of the recipes, it really opens the world of possibility to you. H
Christa  Seeley
Nov 30, 2015 Christa Seeley rated it liked it
Shelves: genre-cookbook, 2015
You may recognize the name Rosanna Pansino and Nerdy Nummies from her (very) popular YouTube channel. Every Tuesday Pansino uploads a new video to teach her five million subscribers an original nerdy-themed recipes. Things like Jake Skellington Cheese Balls, Adventure Time Royal Tarts, and Goomba Popsicles. Her recipes are unique and creative and Pansino’s quirky and bright personality makes her videos fun to watch, whether you’re cooking along with her or not.

And now for the first time you have
paula
Popular YouTube baker Pansino shows us how to make Red Blood Cell cupcakes, cookies that look like game controllers, and a really nice volcano cake. Now, any cookbook with this kind of gimmick is going to mostly be about decorating, and sure enough, there's a lot of the Three F's here: fondant, food coloring, and fine motor skills. My Ezra likes to bake, but he'd get repetitive stress injury if he tried to decorate 20-sided Dice Cookies.

However, this book also contains plenty of recipes that are
Mehnaz
Dec 17, 2015 Mehnaz rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I looked through the recipes, and honestly, some of these are plain common sense.

They have a very few basic recipes for the cakes and the cookie dough, and the rest are just decorations with fondant, frosting and candies. And for each of the decorations, there was a cutout or a template or something that was not her own creation. A creative person can find these out herself.

Some of the recipes were downright stupid. What's the point of having multiple cake pop recipes when the basic recipe is j
Saniyaclass
Dec 19, 2016 Saniyaclass rated it it was amazing
This book is awesome yaas
Schelle_4ever
May 04, 2016 Schelle_4ever rated it it was amazing
I am ABSOLUTELY in love with Rosanna Pansino!!! She is a youtuber who's cooking videos on Youtube have inspired me to want to cook. She makes her audience laugh and have a good time while watching her 20 minute videos. So, when I got the chance to read her book, I was highly excited and read it in a day. Not only does this book have recipes of some of her favorite foods, it also has inside from her such as what she feels about the food. Along with that, there are also some really well taken pict ...more
Rachel
Nov 11, 2015 Rachel rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
This cookbook is based on Rosanna Pansino's cooking show, Nerdy Nummies on YouTube. It has great recipes inspired by math and science as well as fantasy and video games. There is a section in front with basic recipes such as sugar cookie dough and the following chapters show how to use those ingredients of make cool themed stuff. Examples are a cake shaped decorated like a computer's motherboard or shaped like a volcano where you can actually fill the center with dry ice so it smokes. Everything ...more
Nancy Kamenyero
Jan 30, 2016 Nancy Kamenyero rated it really liked it
Being that I'm a follower of Ro & Mo, the sister sensation YouTubers, I had been looking forward to the release of Rosanna's cookbook. The cover clearly represents what the book is all about. It's eye catching and fun! Inside I found some of the recipes used on her YouTube channel and tons of new nerdy recipes! What a treat! Each recipe has it's own full page colour photo... making you instantly want to grab your spatula and put on your apron! My daughter and I have made many of the recipes ...more
Sara
Jan 08, 2016 Sara rated it it was amazing
As a fan of the YouTube channel I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book and finally got it as a late present to myself!

I definitely appreciate the tips and tricks throughout the cookbook and the visual aids for each creative treat. The QR codes for the templates are also a help because sometimes you can't find the right cookie cutter. ;)

This book is both instructive (with the basic recipes, and nerdy creations) and visually appealing I look forward to making all of them! If I can manage t
LitaVore
Love Rosanna's YouTube channel and her cookbook delivers just as well. The only thing I didn't like was how a good amount off the recipes were just unrealistic or time consuming. But then that's one of the reasons why we're buying the cookbook, to watch someone else make it, right?

I would have given another star except I do like to actually use my cookbooks for trying stuff out and the practical recipes were very well done but pretty simplistic. There was just not enough for intermediate skill.
Allana
Jan 11, 2016 Allana rated it it was amazing
The book is called Nerdy Nummies by Rosanna Pansino. Nerdy Nummies is the best cook book ever! Brittany and I made unicorn poop. It was super missy but it was fun. I loved the rainbow colors. I also loved all the delicious ideas in there like the stars, the volcano, and the unicorn poop. Its a super awesome book that I suggest you read it especially if your a cook. Its perfect for kids birthday parties and more. I think its good for all ages big or small.
Love It! 1 1 Feb 15, 2017 11:12PM
NZ Intermediate S...: The Nerdy Nummies Cookbook 1 10 Nov 22, 2016 01:24PM
  • The Chinese Takeout Cookbook: Quick and Easy Dishes to Prepare at Home
  • Chocolate-Covered Katie: Over 80 Delicious Recipes That Are Secretly Good for You
  • The Complete Vegetarian Cookbook
  • They Draw and Cook: 107 Recipes Illustrated by Artists from Around the World
  • Marshmallow Madness!: Dozens of Puffalicious Recipes
  • Sugar Rush: Master Tips, Techniques, and Recipes for Sweet Baking
  • Surprise-Inside Cakes: Amazing Cakes for Every Occasion--with a Little Something Extra Inside
  • Wookiee Cookies: A Star Wars Cookbook
  • Teeny's Tour of Pie: Mastering the Art of Pie in 67 Recipes
  • Joy the Baker Homemade Decadence: Irresistibly Sweet, Salty, Gooey, Sticky, Fluffy, Creamy, Crunchy Treats
  • SprinkleBakes: Dessert Recipes to Inspire Your Inner Artist
  • Stir-Frying to the Sky's Edge: The Ultimate Guide to Mastery, with Authentic Recipes and Stories
  • Morimoto: The New Art of Japanese Cooking
  • Food52 Genius Recipes: 100 Recipes That Will Change the Way You Cook
  • Milk Bar Life: Recipes & Stories
  • Booze Cakes: Confections Spiked with Spirits, Wine, and Beer
  • Sheet Pan Suppers: 120 Recipes for Simple, Surprising, Hands-Off Meals Straight from the Oven
Rosanna Pansino is an American baker, actress, and YouTube personality. She is best known for her nerdy-themed cooking show Nerdy Nummies, one of the most popular baking shows on YouTube.
More about Rosanna Pansino...