2021 & 2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2016 > Sid Singh - 48 books

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sid (last edited Mar 10, 2016 05:57PM) (new)

Sid Singh | 30 comments My goal is to get 36 books finished in 2016, about 3 a month if possible. Fortunately, I have the advantage of a job that requires distance driving at times, so audible, here I come!

Currently, I am working my way through a couple of non fiction books. I also want to get War and Peace done this year, but I've been saying that for years. :(

EDIT: Okay, I realize I am not being ambitious enough as I an staying too much in my comfort zone. I am upping my reading challenge to 48 books!

message 2: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (karalena) | 238 comments good luck on your goal Sid.

Happy Reading!

message 3: by Alison (new)

Alison G. (agriff22) | 1083 comments hi sid. Coming up in March there is a buddy read of War and Peace. We are reading it over 3 months, so you don't have to hurry on it. I'm a little nervous about it, but I read Les Mis a few years ago so I know I can do it. If you want to join us you can! There should be a topic discussing it

message 4: by Sid (new)

Sid Singh | 30 comments Alison wrote: "hi sid. Coming up in March there is a buddy read of War and Peace. We are reading it over 3 months, so you don't have to hurry on it. I'm a little nervous about it, but I read Les Mis a few years a..."

Thank you for the link to that. Added myself to that buddy read. Seems like a great way to get through the book.

message 5: by Sid (new)

Sid Singh | 30 comments So, I've come up with my reading list for 2016. This is probably likely to change as my mind tends to get distracted by the new shiny on my shelf far too easily; however, I have far too many books that I want to get through. (I am cheating and adding books I already read at the beginning of the year before I joined the group)

January:
Horus Rising
False Gods
Galaxy in Flames
The Flight of the Eisenstein
Fulgrim

February:
Saving Capitalism: For the Many, Not the Few
Griftopia: Bubble Machines, Vampire Squids, and the Long Con That Is Breaking America
Prospero Burns
A Thousand Sons

March/April/May:

War and Peace
Russia Against Napoleon: The True Story of the Campaigns of War and Peace
Give War and Peace a Chance: Tolstoyan Wisdom for Troubled Times