YA Fiction Books, Readers, Writers, and Reviewers discussion

First Things First > Let's get to know each other

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by L.H. (new)

L.H. Nicole | 67 comments Mod
Authors~~Tell us about you and your books!

Bloggers~~Let us know who you are and where we can find you!

Readers~~Who are you and what do you like to read!

message 2: by L.H. (last edited Mar 10, 2016 06:17PM) (new)

L.H. Nicole | 67 comments Mod
I'm L.H. Nicole, I write YA fantasy stuffed full of romance, legends, bad ass heroes and tough heroines who never give up.

My debut Series is the LEGENDARY SAGA. It's a four book series that continues the story of King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table, in modern times. Dragons, fantasy realms, knights in shining Manticore armor and a twisted, sinister Fae Queen who may be as dangerous as the evil Mordird.

Legendary (Legendary Saga #1) by L.H. Nicole
Claiming Excalibur (Legendary Saga #2) by L.H. Nicole
Relics of Camelot (Legendary Saga #3) by L.H. Nicole

I have two other series I'm working on now that I've turned the fourth and final book of my series into my publisher. Hopefully the world will discover my new universe soon :)
<3 always
LH Nicole

message 3: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Duggan | 3 comments Hey all,

I'm Kelly though my pen name is K a Duggsy. My latest book released earlier this month and is a time travel, dystopian romance. Great reviews for it so far from book blogs, all 4 and 5 stars!
I love reading pretty much anything but I do enjoy a good romance, no matter what the sub genre. Post apocalyptic are my current faves.
You can find my new book Advance here>Advance
Advance (Advance Industries, #1) by K.A. Duggsy

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa ownsbey (melissaownsbey) hi my name Melissa
I love reading I will pretty much
read anything
so if you need a book reviewed
I will be happy to help just have a problem
I need paper backs or hard backs

message 5: by Kristy (new)

Kristy (seabrooke81) | 4 comments Hi all! My name is Kristy and I LOVE to read. I'll read just about anything. If you need anything reviewed I would love to help out!

message 6: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Duggan | 3 comments Kristy wrote: "Hi all! My name is Kristy and I LOVE to read. I'll read just about anything. If you need anything reviewed I would love to help out! "

Hi Kristy,
What genres do you like? I'd love some more honest reviews for my dystopian romance. Happy to send a copy if it interests you!xx
Advance

message 7: by Kristy (new)

Kristy (seabrooke81) | 4 comments K.A. Duggsy I would be happy to give an honest opinion. I will read most genres. The only ones I don't really care for at straight love stories without another storyline to go with it

message 8: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Duggan | 3 comments Kristy wrote: "K.A. Duggsy I would be happy to give an honest opinion. I will read most genres. The only ones I don't really care for at straight love stories without another storyline to go with it"

Perfect! Do you have an email I can send a copy to? x

message 9: by Gregory (new)

Gregory Henry (gmhenry) | 13 comments Hello... This is Greg... I'm glad to see this book group in place. I look forward to the discussion of some YA books! I love reading YA. I'll read any subgenre, but YA contemp is my favorite.

I'm not experienced at Goodreads though. My shelf is mostly empty only because I don't know anything about Goodreads. I look forward to learning.

Best wishes,

Greg

message 10: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Chant (cchant) Hi, I'm Cathy Chant. I'm the author of a YA time travel series, a writing workshop instructor and YARWA member. I love to read all sorts of genres, but YA definitely is one of my favs.

message 11: by Alison (new)

Alison McMahan | 3 comments Alison McMahan, YARWA member, also Historical Novel Society and Historical Writers of America (anyone else in those?)
My YA HIstorical Mystery/Romance, The Saffron Crocus, came out in 2014. I'm now working on two sequels to make it a trilogy.
I have a 12 year old at home and I read books along with her, we also go to see all the films based on YA books. I review YA on www.AlisonMcMahanAuthor.com

message 12: by K.J. (last edited Mar 07, 2016 05:40AM) (new)

K.J. Chapman (kjchapman) | 3 comments Hello, I'm KJ Chapman. I'm the author of the science fiction and urban fantasy series, EVO Nation. I'm a wife, mother, writer, blogger, reader- the list can be infinite.

In the last few months, I have begun posting book reviews to my blog: https://kj86chapman.wordpress.com/ I have a keen interest in YA, NA, science fiction, urban fantasy, fantasy, and Paranormal Romance. Although, the right book in any genre can always sway me.

I am beta reading and ARC reviewing whilst juggling home life and my W.I.P (book three in my EVO Nation series), all from the glorious county of Cornwall, England. Yep, I am Cornish with the accent to match.

You can find me anywhere- Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Amazon... Always happy to communicate with fellow writers and readers.

message 13: by Donna (new)

Donna Maloy (goodreadscomdonna_maloy) | 1 comments Hello! I'm Donna Maloy, author of historical and fantasy fiction for teens. Donna Maloy I write mostly for the younger end of the YA spectrum (14-16) but I have an older YA manuscript in the works which won the YARWA 2015 Rosemary Award at the RWA National conference. I'm also querying an Elizabethan fantasy. My first book for teens, CELIA AND THE WOLF (Regency era England and France with shapeshifters and werewolves), has gotten some really nice 5-star reviews on Amazon. Celia and the Wolf

message 14: by Christine (new)

Christine  Grissom (crgrissombooks) | 2 comments Hello, I'm Christine writing as C R Grissom. I write New Adult and YA. Not yet published. My NA story is aimed at 18 and over. My YA will be aimed at the high school crowd.

I love the YA/NA genres as well as most popular fiction, my choices lean toward the romantic side of the fiction spectrum.

message 15: by Kady (new)

Kady Ambrose (kadyambrose) | 1 comments Hi all! I write as Kady Ambrose, pre-published with my YA historical fantasy series, but have a few contemporary YA and romance short stories published.

I’m building a list of YA historical fantasy works on my web site, http://kadyambrose.com you might want to check out.

I can also be found on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr and Pinterest.

message 16: by Callie (new)

Callie James (calliejames) | 1 comments Hi everyone! I'm Callie James, author of two young adult novels, Innocent and Student Bodyguard for Hire. I write young adult romance, YA paranormal, and contemporary adult romance. You can also find me on FB, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, and my website http://calliejamesauthor.com/.

message 17: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Copper Hi y'all,
My name is Charlotte Copper, and I write novella length e-books, both adult paranormal romance and YA contemporary (all under the same name because I decided two names would be too much work). My first YA, Strawberry Summer came out this summer, and my second YA, California Blue, has been contracted but is waiting a release date. As with my writing, I like all genres.
https://charlottecopperauthor.com

message 18: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Riddoch | 1 comments Hello everyone!

I'm Dawn Riddoch, and I write YA paranormal, fantasy and suspense with hopes of publication. I am a member of YARWA, TRW and WCDR. I love reading all books especially YA (any genre).

You can find me on Twitter and Facebook.

Looking forward to reading with you :)

message 19: by Julie (new)

Julie | 1 comments Hi! Julie Shepard here - YARWA Web-mistress :) Very excited to be part of this YA book club! Already part of an adult book club here in SoFla, so looking forward to discussing another genre with my YARWA peeps. Recently sold my first book, awaiting a release date!

A Book Addict's YA Palace | 6 comments Hey! **Waves hi** I'm DynoMoon and I review books-90% YA on my blog A Book Addict's YA Palace.
I am so excited to be taking part in this :) The book club sounds fun and I'd love to hear what authors think of other books.
I'm currently clearing out my backlog of reviews, but I'd love to review and YA anyone may have as long as if falls in the genre's I like :)
This is going to be a blast!

message 21: by Sharolynne (new)

Sharolynne (goodreadscomsharolynne_barth) | 4 comments Hi. I'm Sharon Buffington w/a Sharolynne Barth. I'm a retired English teacher who loves to read YA, Romantic Suspense, and Chick lit. I am working on the second book in The Theda Johnson Dreams Series. YIKES! Hit a wall so I'm ready to do some serious reading.

message 22: by Ally (new)

Ally Broadfield (allybroadfield) | 2 comments Hi everybody! I write historical romance as Ally Broadfield, and MG/YA as Ally Mathews. I have four Regency romances with Entangled Publishing, and 3-4 more releasing this year. Right now I have an MG story in the Fright Before Christmas anthology from Leap Books, but I hope to have news about a YA series very soon. I love to read YA, pretty much any genre, although I generally don't enjoy dystopian or hard core sci-fi.

message 23: by Lisa (last edited Mar 09, 2016 01:38PM) (new)

Lisa Brown Roberts | 1 comments Hi All,

I'm Lisa Brown Roberts and I write contemporary YA romance for Entangled Teen. I have two books out (covers below) and two more are releasing this year.

Love to read YA, mostly contemporary, some historical romances (Regencies mostly), adult contemporary romance, cozy mysteries, and some women's fiction.

I love Twitter and Instagram more than Facebook :) and you can find my social links on my website: www.lisabrownroberts.com.

Playing the Player by Lisa Brown Roberts
How (Not) to Fall in Love by Lisa Brown Roberts

message 24: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Lovegreen (lynn_lovegreen) Hi, I am Lynn Lovegreen and I write YA/NA historical romance set in Alaska. My gold rush series is out now, and I'm working on a WWII series. I enjoy reading lots of things, but YA is at the top of the list.

message 25: by Bec (new)

Bec (becbentliff) Hello! I'm Becky, I'm an avid reader and I've recently started reviewing/blogging over the past few months. My favourite genres are dystopian, historical (especially the WWI & WWII eras) and fantasy, plus occasionally a bit of sci-fi/paranormal. Apart from that, any book with a tough protagonist is right up my street!

My blog is www.astersi.blogspot.co.uk where I post reading updates and then longer reviews of my favourite books - I now review every book that I read on my goodreads account, though :)

I'm more than happy to read and review any books!

message 26: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Lovegreen (lynn_lovegreen) Becky wrote: "Hello! I'm Becky, I'm an avid reader and I've recently started reviewing/blogging over the past few months. My favourite genres are dystopian, historical (especially the WWI & WWII eras) and fantas..."
Hi Becky, I'm writing a YA set in 1942, so we'll have to talk later! ;-) Glad to see some interest in historicals.

message 27: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (medinajlynn) | 3 comments Hi! I'm Jessica - I write romance and YA, although not published yet. I also have a book review blog where I focus mainly on YA, NA, and romance.... check it out at The Thoughtful Novelist.

I'm excited to get started with this book club! :-)

message 28: by Julie (new)

Julie | 3 comments I'm Julie Glover, and I mostly write YA contemporary. I've also written some paranormal, mystery, and sci-fi. My Golden Heart finalist novel, Sharing Hunter, is out on submission with editors.

I read in almost all YA genres. Looking forward to some great interaction with this group!

message 29: by Bec (new)

Bec (becbentliff) Lynn wrote: "Hi Becky, I'm writing a YA set in 1942, so we'll have to talk later! ;-) Glad to see some interest in historicals."

Hi Lynn! Yeah, that sounds great :) I'd definitely be interested in reading your book!

message 30: by D.N. (new)

D.N. Hoxa | 3 comments Hi guys!

I'm Dori, and I write romance, dystopian, paranormal, fantasy... anything I can think of.

I just published my first book, a contemporary romance, the first in a series of five.

Once Upon a One Night Stand (Lover, #1) by D.N. Hoxa

message 31: by D.N. (new)

D.N. Hoxa | 3 comments Kristy wrote: "K.A. Duggsy I would be happy to give an honest opinion. I will read most genres. The only ones I don't really care for at straight love stories without another storyline to go with it"

Hi Kristy,

I sent you a PM.

message 32: by D.N. (new)

D.N. Hoxa | 3 comments Becky wrote: "Hello! I'm Becky, I'm an avid reader and I've recently started reviewing/blogging over the past few months. My favourite genres are dystopian, historical (especially the WWI & WWII eras) and fantas..."

Hi Becky! Checked out your web, it's pretty awesome. Interested in reading a contemporary romance?

message 33: by Yasmina (new)

Yasmina (yasminairo) | 4 comments Hi everyone! Im Yasmina, and thanks for letting me join! Im an author, and I'm getting ready to publish my first book in my Legend's of A'sthy Series. I'm a reader and an author, and I love creating new worlds as much as I enjoy exploring them!

Since my book is still a work in progress, you can follow my road to being a published author, and read a couple of sample chapters here on my blog: http://legendsofasthy.tumblr.com/

message 34: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Hawthorne | 82 comments Hi, everyone!

I'm Peggy, and I was delighted to hear about this group. (& like Greg, I'm new to Goodreads)

I'm a writer, but to date I've only published short stories. I'm looking forward to talking books with some new friends.

Does anyone else follow the Tournament of Books?
http://www.themorningnews.org/tob/201...

message 35: by Shaila (new)

Shaila (shailapatel94) | 4 comments Hey everyone!

I'm Shaila, and I'm writing a multicultural YA paranormal romance series called Soulmated. Book 1 will be out in April 2017 and just won first place in the YA category of the Chanticleer Paranormal Awards (very excited about that!). There will be either 4 or 5 books in the series and will take my two characters--an Indian-American heroine and an Irish hero--from America, to Ireland, and then to India.

I love to read too. My absolute favorite subgenre is time travel romance--a little contemporary...a little historical--the best of both worlds!

I'd love to connect! www.shailapatelauthor.com

message 36: by Sharolynne (new)

Sharolynne (goodreadscomsharolynne_barth) | 4 comments Shaila,
Congratulations on the win. The series sounds good--like Soulmated as theme.
I write romantic suspense. First title in series is The Dreamin' Tree, published in 2008. Second title, Tangled Dreams, is WIP.
I read contemporary romance, YA, cozy mystery, and thrillers. I've just begun reading YA paranormal.

message 37: by Shaila (new)

Shaila (shailapatel94) | 4 comments Thanks, Sharon! My other WIP is a romantic suspense too (NA though)...except I'm beginning to think it's more romance with suspenseful elements...hm....I guess we'll see when it's done.

Even more reason to read plenty of them to find out ;) Lol!

message 38: by Katya (new)

Katya Dove | 6 comments Hi Everyone! *waves enthusiastically* I'm Katya Dove, and I write YA fantasy and read anything with even a hint of magic, romance and adventure. So excited to be a part of this book club and look forward to getting to know you all better.

message 39: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Lovegreen (lynn_lovegreen) Welcome, Katya and Mary!

Just read Cinthia Ritchie's blog about The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie, and it reminded me of why I love that book. Pick it up if you haven't yet! The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie

message 40: by Angela (new)

Angela Myron (angelamyron) | 7 comments Hi everyone :)

So great to see some familiar names here!

I write MG/YA crossover fantasy with the Ennara series (Ennara and the Fallen Druid and Ennara and the Book of Shadows), and am working on a standalone YA mythical fantasy.

I'm excited about this group! I belong to a book club here at home, but they tend to focus on adult contemporary. Looking forward to reading some great YA with you!

Hope to meet you all this summer in San Diego!
Angela Myron

message 41: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (gilchristiff) | 7 comments HI there I'm Tiffany, I am a full time mom part time reader. I love YA, any type of YA as long as it's YA. Did I mention I love YA.
I'm excited to be introduced to new books and authors.

message 42: by Bestfantasyblog (new)

Bestfantasyblog | 1 comments Hi everyone, we are an Urban fantasy/paranormal romance blog. We review books, write short stories and write posts about anything related to Fantasy Fiction. We are very excited to be part of this group. You can find us here:
www.bestfantasyblog.com

message 43: by Queen Mery (new)

Queen Mery (queen_m) | 2 comments Hi everyone!!! My name is Mery and I am a reader as well as a very new blogger!!! I love YA, fantasy and some classic ones !!!

My new blog is https://parisianbookshelf.wordpress.com/

message 44: by Peggy (last edited Aug 26, 2016 02:38PM) (new)

Peggy Hawthorne | 82 comments Queen Mery wrote: "Hi everyone!!!"

Your blog looks great, Mery! Best of luck with it. :)

We can use some strong opinions in the book discussion group. If you check out September BOTM under the Book Club division, you can help us pick our September read.

message 45: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Current | 1 comments Hi,

My name is Tiffany and I'm new to the group. I love reading YA, urban fantasy, and paranormal romance. My first paranormal vampire romance novel, My Maker's Keeper, is coming out this fall.

message 46: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Hawthorne | 82 comments Congratulations, Tiffany! I love all those genres, too.

We'd love to hear more about your book. Publisher ... blurb?

message 47: by Dana (new)

Dana (booklover160) | 1 comments Hello everyone, my name is Dana.

I graduated from the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee with a Bachelor's of Arts in English Creative Writing in 2016 and have been writing since I was 15. I have only been published in a school literary magazine, but I'm working on getting some novels done to really publish. I also professionally edit, so if you are in need of an editor, send me a message!

Right now I'm a youth librarian and absolutely love my job. My favorite novels are YA, naturally, which is also what I write. I usually read fantasy and dystopian, but I enjoy all genres.

I have a YouTube channel where I've done a few book reviews (link is on my profile if you're interested) and I hope to do more in the future!

Sorry for the long post, I look forward to meeting you all!
Dana

message 48: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Hawthorne | 82 comments Welcome, Dana! It's great to have you here.

message 49: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Jean-Jacques (patrickjean-jacques) | 2 comments Hey everyone, my name is Patrick!

I'm a Teacher of Maths (although my first degree's in Sport Sciences - go figure!) and a first-time author.

My debut novel Promethean Shadows published last week and I'm experiencing a wide range of emotions, particularly excitement and nervousness.

I've not joined any book groups before but this one seemed cool and appropriate for widening my readership. I won't use this space to tell you about the book but I'll drop it in the authors folder.

It's a pleasure making your acquaintance!!

message 50: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Sandoval | 2 comments Hi, everyone. Happy to be here. I'm a professional ghostwriter and editor operating under my own business, PurpleInkPen. My YA fantasy novel, Arcamira, is coming out in March 2020 from Cosmic Egg Books. It’s a fantasy-paranormal crossover wherein classic high fantasy species like elves, fairies, and griffins face off paranormal monsters like vampires and werewolves. Some of my all-time favorite authors are Stephen King and Cassandra Clare, and a new favorite is Stuart Turton. If we’re talking poetry, I’m all about Poe. Some tidbits about me: I’m the mother of a wild toddler, I own the sassiest corgi known to man, I married my high school sweetheart, and I identify heavily with Hermione Granger.

Here's a sneak peek to my novel releasing in March 2020 http://bit.ly/2OMlI9Z :)