What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. 1980's audio cassette picture/coloring book series about virtues (possibly Mormon?) [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Vecchi (sarahvecchi) | 7 comments In the mid-80's, our Mormon neighbor got my mom a series of paperback picture books on different virtues (love, generosity, faith, etc.) that came with an audio cassette reading of the story for each book. They had white covers with a colored picture, I *think* the inner pages were black and white for coloring yourself, but I may be misremembering. I don't think the stories had continuing characters. Some were set in fantasy type worlds. I remember the one about love had a boy with two glass/crystal hearts (one red and one blue) that got broken. I'm trying to remember any other specific details. I think there was a story about a king. Like I said, the neighbor my mom got them from was a Mormon, but I'm not sure if the books were put out by Mormons, or just about virtues in general.
Thanks for any help you can give me!

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Vecchi (sarahvecchi) | 7 comments Thanks for the suggestion, Kris, but that's not it.
I just found them, actually: http://www.amazon.com/Standin-Tall-Ob...

The series was called Standin' Tall. Thanks for helping me look!

message 4: by Sarah (new)

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32062 comments Mod
Glad you found your books. Here's the GR link for the first one mentioned - Standin' Tall Love by Janeen Brady.