Paging All Bookworms! discussion

Challenges > March 2016 M-o-M Challenge – What we learned about Diana S

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Book Concierge (last edited Mar 04, 2016 01:47PM) (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 2294 comments Mod
March M-o-M Challenge – Diana S
Begins: 01March16 / Ends: 31March16

Diana S was our February M.o.M. (Member of the Month). So this challenge is based on the information she shared about herself.

1. Diana’s favorite genres are Magical Realism, Historical Fiction and Paranormal. Read a book with one of these genres on the main page.

2. She is “semi-retired” and does a lot of volunteer work. Do you volunteer in your community? How?

3. Diana’s favorite place to read is in her truck. Read a book with a truck on the cover. (Preferred image is a pick-up truck, but we’ll accept a delivery truck, semi-trailer, etc ….. NO cars or buses, though.)

4. Last month’s MoM is very creative! Diana enjoys crochet, needlepoint and cross stitch. She also hand makes cards and tray favors for the meals on wheels Thanksgiving distribution. And she bakes cookies & breads to give as gifts. Do you do any of these things?

5. If she could throw a party, she’d throw a “soup party.” Read a book whose author’s first AND last initials are in S O U P P A R T Y (Letters can be used only as often as they appear in the phrase … so you can have two P’s but only one “A”)

---------------------------------------------------------

Rules of the challenge
Books must be at least 100 pages in length
Re-reads are fine, as long as you actually read the entire book
Book should be finished within the time-frame of the challenge.
Any format ("dead tree," e-book, audio...) is fine.

As always, have fun!

message 2: by Book Concierge (last edited Mar 21, 2016 03:22PM) (new)

Reserved for participant list:

Book Concierge
Diana S
Sheila
Sophia

message 3: by Diana S (last edited Mar 18, 2016 10:43PM) (new)

Diana S | 3 comments February M-o-M Challenge – Diana S
Books Read: 3

Diana S was our February M.o.M. (Member of the Month). So this challenge is based on the information she shared about herself.

✔ 1. Diana’s favorite genres are Magical Realism, Historical Fiction and Paranormal. Read a book with one of these genres on the main page.
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs (3/6/16) ★★★★

2. She is “semi-retired” and does a lot of volunteer work. Do you volunteer in your community? How?

3. Diana’s favorite place to read is in her truck. Read a book with a truck on the cover. (Preferred image is a pick-up truck, but we’ll accept a delivery truck, semi-trailer, etc ….. NO cars or buses, though.)

✔ 4. Last month’s MoM is very creative! Diana enjoys crochet, needlepoint and cross stitch. She also hand makes cards and tray favors for the meals on wheels Thanksgiving distribution. And she bakes cookies & breads to give as gifts. Do you do any of these things?

The Glass Kitchen: A Novel of Sisters by Linda Francis Lee (3/11/16) 3.5 ★★★

✔ 5. If she could throw a party, she’d throw a “soup party.” Read a book whose author’s first AND last initials are in S O U P P A R T Y (Letters can be used only as often as they appear in the phrase … so you can have two P’s but only one “A”)
Alexander McCall Smith's The Double Comfort Safari Club (3/7/16) ★★★★

It's My Life
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1) by Ransom Riggs The Double Comfort Safari Club by Alexander McCall Smith The Glass Kitchen A Novel of Sisters by Linda Francis Lee

message 4: by Book Concierge (new)

March M-o-M Challenge – Diana S
Begins: 01March16 / Ends: 31March16

0/5 completed

1. Diana’s favorite genres are Magical Realism, Historical Fiction and Paranormal. Read a book with one of these genres on the main page.

4. Last month’s MoM is very creative! Diana enjoys crochet, needlepoint and cross stitch. She also hand makes cards and tray favors for the meals on wheels Thanksgiving distribution. And she bakes cookies & breads to give as gifts. Do you do any of these things?

5. If she could throw a party, she’d throw a “soup party.” Read a book whose author’s first AND last initials are in S O U P P A R T Y (Letters can be used only as often as they appear in the phrase … so you can have two P’s but only one “A”)

message 5: by Book Concierge (new)

Oops ... this is the MARCH M-o-M challenge (obviously) ...

message 6: by Sophia (last edited Mar 14, 2016 04:30AM) (new)

Sophia (pageplucker) | 23 comments 1. Diana’s favorite genres are Magical Realism, Historical Fiction and Paranormal. Read a book with one of these genres on the main page.

The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender Finished 1st March

Year of Wonders A Novel of the Plague by Geraldine Brooks Finished 12th March

The Radleys by Matt Haig Finished 14th March

No, unfortunately my job keeps me too busy.

The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck Finished 10th March

Yes, I love to knit and usually have something crazy and multicoloured on my needles. I crochet too - though my crochet's a bit more basic - and I like cooking and baking.

Pomfret Towers by Angela Thirkell Finished 11th March

message 7: by Book Concierge (new)

Glad to have you join us, Sophia ... I've got you linked.

message 8: by Sheila (new)

Sheila | 370 comments I've been to two book conferences over the last three weekends and am finally getting caught up with reviews, books, and swag.

1. Diana’s favorite genres are Magical Realism, Historical Fiction and Paranormal. Read a book with one of these genres on the main page. IT TAKES A SPY by Sheridan Jeane

2. She is “semi-retired” and does a lot of volunteer work. Do you volunteer in your community? How? I am a plasma donor at our local blood bank. I just gave yesterday. I usually go every 5 weeks to donate.

4. Last month’s MoM is very creative! Diana enjoys crochet, needlepoint and cross stitch. She also hand makes cards and tray favors for the meals on wheels Thanksgiving distribution. And she bakes cookies & breads to give as gifts. Do you do any of these things? I do counted cross-stitch and paint. I bake and cook.

message 9: by Book Concierge (new)

Got you linked Sheila!