Challenge Corner discussion

Archives > A Year in Books Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 64 (64 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Use this thread to chat with your fellow participants. You can also ask questions here or on the sign-up thread.

Participants
Jackie
Sean
Courtney
Maya
Hassan
Kylara
Bunnita
Victoria
Ash
Delitealex

message 2: by Sean (new)

Sean Franco-Norris (s3an309) | 60 comments Does this challenge requires to have a buddy read? I totally missed that part when I saw it as "Solo Challenge"

message 3: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments No, you don't have to have a team or do any buddy reads. Buddy reading will get bonus points, but otherwise you just post on your own. This thread is just for participants to chat it they want.

message 4: by Sean (new)

Sean Franco-Norris (s3an309) | 60 comments Ok, thanks for answering quickly :D

message 5: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments You're welcome. :)

message 6: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Thanks for doing all of this! I emailed you to see if you needed help, but I guess you didn't get it?

message 7: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments You're welcome! It didn't come through...not sure why. But I had a bit of time so I figured I would go ahead and get it all set up. :)

message 8: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Ahh, 'n sure why.

message 9: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Scott | 466 comments Excited to start this challenge! :)

message 10: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments It should be a lot of fun. :)

message 11: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 336 comments Anybody planned what they are gonna start yet?

message 12: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Not entirely sure what they'll fit, but these are the books I plan to read.

Ink and Bone (The Great Library, #1) by Rachel Caine The Dragon Reborn (Wheel of Time, #3) by Robert Jordan The Cadet of Tildor by Alex Lidell Chime by Franny Billingsley Doorways Home (The Spirit Oak's Gift, #2) by Jacqueline Dooley Dreamless by Jørgen Brekke

message 13: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 336 comments I plan on starting Maze of Souls (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #6) by J.L. Bryan Reunion (The Mediator, #3) by Meg Cabot The Initiation (The Secret Circle, #1) by L.J. Smith

message 14: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Nice. I might not know what categories mine fit until after I've read them. I'm just hoping they fit something. I don't like knowing a whole lot about a book before I start, so I don't remember what a lot of these are about. :D

message 15: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments I know that I'm reading Quintessence for sure, but not sure what that will fit. The rest of my reads depend on if they fit challenges in another group I'm in and I don't know until the last minute.

message 16: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Delitealex wrote: "I plan on starting The Initiation (The Secret Circle, #1) by L.J. Smith"

I've been meaning on finishing this for a long time, but I think I'll just restart it this summer. From the little I remember though, it was quite interesting.

message 17: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 336 comments Jackie wrote: "I know that I'm reading Quintessence for sure, but not sure what that will fit. The rest of my reads depend on if they fit challenges in another group I'm in and I don't know until the last minute."

The rest of my reads will be planned around my challenges quite a few I'm participating in

message 18: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 336 comments Jackie wrote: "Delitealex wrote: "I plan on starting The Initiation (The Secret Circle, #1) by L.J. Smith"

I've been meaning on finishing this for a long time, but I think I'll just restart it this summer. From the little I rememb..."

I read a few of the series when they were first published but never finished I figured I would start over since it was so long ago.

message 19: by Kylara (new)

Kylara Jensen | 437 comments I plan on reading Calamity (Reckoners, #3) by Brandon Sanderson The Bands of Mourning (Mistborn, #6) by Brandon Sanderson Remembrance (The Mediator, #7) by Meg Cabot The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness for sure.

I have some ideas for other ones, but I'll basically just go off the books I already planned on reading and make it fit into the challenge.

(Yay I figured out how to add book covers.)

message 20: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Yes! Calamity and Bands of Mourning! Loved them both, super excited to see what you think!

message 21: by Kylara (new)

Kylara Jensen | 437 comments Has anyone thought about what book they'll read that was published the year they were born? There is only one book on my TBR list from 1986: Shards of Honor (Vorkosigan Saga, #1) by Lois McMaster Bujold

message 22: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments I have no idea about that one!

message 23: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 336 comments 1977: A Morbid Taste for Bones (The Chronicles of Brother Cadfael Book 1) by Ellis Peters

message 24: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Maybe my wheel of time book is from 91...not sure.

message 25: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 336 comments Kylara wrote: "I plan on reading Calamity (Reckoners, #3) by Brandon Sanderson The Bands of Mourning (Mistborn, #6) by Brandon Sanderson Remembrance (The Mediator, #7) by Meg Cabot The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness for sure.

I have some..."

I was so surprised to see a new mediator book I'm on Reunion (The Mediator, #3) by Meg Cabot now but I can't wait to get caught up :)

message 26: by Kylara (new)

Kylara Jensen | 437 comments Delitealex wrote: "Kylara wrote: "I plan on reading Calamity (Reckoners, #3) by Brandon Sanderson The Bands of Mourning (Mistborn, #6) by Brandon Sanderson Remembrance (The Mediator, #7) by Meg Cabot The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness for sur..."

Yeah, I'm excited too. She wrote it for the 15th anniversary and it's about Suze all grown up!!

message 27: by Kylara (new)

Kylara Jensen | 437 comments I'm almost finished with Magnolia by Kristi Cook and it has a hurricane in it! Score!

message 28: by Delitealex (last edited Mar 22, 2016 03:03AM) (new)

Delitealex | 336 comments Tracking

(view spoiler)

message 29: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 336 comments Finished Reunion (The Mediator, #3) by Meg Cabot reading Maze of Souls (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #6) by J.L. Bryan next

message 30: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Great job!

message 31: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 336 comments Finished Maze of Souls (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #6) by J.L. Bryan reading The Outlaw Demon Wails (The Hollows, #6) by Kim Harrison and Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side (Jessica, #1) by Beth Fantaskey next

message 32: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 336 comments Finished Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side (Jessica, #1) by Beth Fantaskey

message 33: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Nice, I'm going to start Ink and Bone soon. I just finished The Wrath and the Dawn today so I should have that review up later tonight or tomorrow.

message 34: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments I'm reading the third wheel of time book right now.

message 35: by Kylara (new)

Kylara Jensen | 437 comments I just started Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1) by Susan Dennard . It's really fun so far!

message 36: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Glad to hear it! I'm excited to try that one.

message 37: by Kylara (new)

Kylara Jensen | 437 comments Currently Reading Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1) by Sara Raasch -- a book with snow on the cover and Newt's Emerald by Garth Nix -- a book set in London.

message 38: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments I couldn't get into Snow Like Ashes. I tried to read it last year and just could not do it.

message 39: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Oh no! I promise it gets better.

message 40: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments I might give it another try eventually, but I'm just not sure. There are a lot of popular series like that for me.

message 41: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 336 comments Reading Seduced by the Gladiator by Lauren Hawkeye June male on the cover

message 42: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments I'll be updating scores either tonight or tomorrow.

message 43: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 336 comments Finished Seduced by the Gladiator by Lauren Hawkeye starting Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) by Marissa Meyer

message 44: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments You're moving fast!

message 45: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 336 comments Finished Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) by Marissa Meyer The Widow's Protector (Fitzgerald Bay, #4) by Stephanie Newton

message 46: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 336 comments Reading Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4) by Richelle Mead for Feb

message 47: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Great job!

message 48: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 336 comments Finished Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4) by Richelle Mead
Reading The Initiation (The Secret Circle, #1) by L.J. Smith

message 49: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 336 comments Read The Initiation (The Secret Circle, #1) by L.J. Smith

message 50: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments You're a speed reading demon this month!

« previous 1