What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Book, about a group of friends (4 I think) one is named Gina and runs track. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adriane (new)

Adriane | 7 comments I remember the story pretty well: there are 4 friends (I believe 8th or 9th grade) and one is named Gina Dumont. She runs track and falls for an older guy on the track team. She is warned against him and eventually sacrifices her friendships for a chance with Dream Guy (don't remember his name).

At a party, Dream Guy tries to put the moves on Gina and very nearly rapes her, but Gina gets away and calls her (ex)friends for help. They reconcile.

Also there is a subplot about a group of popular girls and at one point they have an assignment where they are learning about Greek mythology. I think it fits into the story because Popular Girl is the ex of Dream Guy (as far as I recall). At the end Popular Girl loses her clique and only has one sycophant friend left.

The book itself isn't very long, maybe a hundred pages. I had the paperback version and though the front page was ripped off I remember the back had a picture of a pretty blonde girl at her vanity looking into her mirror.

I read this in middle school, so I think the publication was during the late 80s early 90s and if I remember correctly it was part of a series.

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4839 comments The Girl Most Likely The Girl Most Likely (Sweet Dreams Miniseries Winners, #1) by Suzanne Rand by Suzanne Rand

Another description I found on Novelist:
"Conflict erupts between Stacy Harcourt, the popular, beautiful, and bright captain of Midvale High's cheerleaders, and her friends, Gina Damone and Tess Belding, when Stacy starts dating the dynamic Nick Cooper."

message 3: by Adriane (new)

Adriane | 7 comments Thanks so much! It's actually another book in the series, "All American Girl".

"Gina Damone, the daughter of loving old-fashioned parents and co-captain of the Midvale High Cheerleaders, is delighted when rich handsome Dex Grantham asks her out until she discovers that his values are not necessarily hers."

Same author and same series, but hey, really close! Thanks for leading me to the right answer :)

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32130 comments Mod
All-American Girl by Suzanne Rand for the link.

message 5: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4839 comments You're welcome! Great teamwork :D