What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. (Title: Empty Quarter) Younger Readers (10-14) Adventure, Mystery, (Female Teenage Secret Agent) [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 2 comments It was an adventure/ mystery novel, intended for Younger Readers / Teenagers, (something like the Alex Rider series) I remember reading this book when I was in Year 7 in London, 2011/12 . It was in my school library. It was a sequel, I think, and I hadn't read the first installment.

Let's start with the cover: The cover picture was of a pyramid in the center, with roller blades on one side and a Jeep on the other.

I don't remember the title or the author, but here's what I remember of the story:

The MC is a teenage girl, who is a secret agent. In the previous book ( i haven't read the first one) she had gotten badly injured, with broken legs, and she's a fan of roller blading. She's sent on a mission (I think on a cruise) where she has to watch over the President's daughter. However, the MC, the President's daughter and their friends get kidnapped when the cruise stops somewhere in the Middle-East/ Africa. They are kidnapped, and the MC's phone is smashed by the kidnappers. They are taken in a Jeep. They are in a desert, there is sand everywhere, and it is very hot.

This is all I can remember, I've tried searching key words on google, but it didn't get me anywhere.
ANY help would be very appreciated, as I've been searching for this book for the last 4 years. I don't live in London anymore, so I can't go back to my school library and search manually.

Please help.

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4999 comments Sounds like a fun book :)

Did the First Daughter know that the MC was hired to watch over her? Or, was the MC hired to "spy" on the First Daughter?

Were there any other sidekicks, villains, family, etc?

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Ally Carter has a series about teen spies and about the school that they go to to train at. Perhaps one of her books?

message 4: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 103 comments Empty Quarter (Darcie Lock, #2) by Julia Golding Empty Quarter by Julia Golding? I haven't read it but it seems to match your description.

message 5: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 2 comments Jessica wrote: "Empty Quarter (Darcie Lock, #2) by Julia Golding Empty Quarter by Julia Golding? I haven't read it but it seems to match your description."

OH MY GOD THANK YOU SO MUCH JESSICA I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR THIS BOOK SINCE THE LAST FOUR YEARS, YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY FAB. (in other news, how did you find it?)

THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN

message 6: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 103 comments Glad to help!
I found it by googling some of the key words, I can't remember which.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Empty Quarter (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Julia Golding (other topics)
Ally Carter (other topics)