Nora Roberts Groupies discussion

The Search
This topic is about The Search
Buddy Reads > Buddy Read - The Search (March 2016)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 86 (86 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jonetta (last edited Feb 24, 2016 08:43AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 5912 comments Mod
To most people, Fiona Bristow seems to have an idyllic life-a quaint house on an island off Seattle's coast, a thriving dog-training school, and a challenging volunteer job performing canine search and rescues. Not to mention her three intensely loyal Labs. But Fiona got to this point by surviving a nightmare...

Several years ago, Fiona was the only survivor of the Red Scarf serial killer, who shot and killed Fiona's cop fiancé and his K-9 partner.

On Orcas Island, Fiona found the peace and solitude she needed to rebuild her life. But all that changes on the day Simon Doyle barrels up her drive, desperate for her help. He's the reluctant owner of an out-of-control puppy, foisted upon him by his mother. Jaws has eaten through Simon's house, and he's at his wit's end.

To Fiona, Jaws is nothing she can't handle. Simon, however, is another matter. A newcomer to Orcas, he's a rugged and in-tensely private artist, known for the exquisite furniture he creates from wood. Simon never wanted a puppy-and he most definitely doesn't want a woman. Besides, the lanky redhead is not his type. But tell that to his hormones.

As Fiona embarks on training Jaws, and Simon begins to appreciate both dog and trainer, the past tears back into Fiona's life. A copycat killer has emerged out of the shadows, a man whose bloodlust has been channeled by a master with one motive: to reclaim the woman who slipped out of his hands...

Character List
(view spoiler)

Tanvi (trwriteratwork) | 79 comments I got this book a couple days back but I'm not sure if I'll be able to squeeze it into the March To-Read pile; it seems to be growing daily as we get closer to March. :p I'll definitely try to read it soon since the plot sounds so intriguing.

Britney | 380 comments I love this book! How do buddy reads work?

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) You can either read the book with us in March and discuss it as we go along or after you finish the book OR if you have read it and don't want to read it again you can join in the discussion at any times.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) Tanvi wrote: "I got this book a couple days back but I'm not sure if I'll be able to squeeze it into the March To-Read pile; it seems to be growing daily as we get closer to March. :p I'll definitely try to read..."

I know what you mean, Tanvi!

Britney | 380 comments I could read along with you guys :) I have read it several times but I love it. It's defiantly one of my favorite stand alone books of hers.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) Great...we are hoping to start it next week if that works for you.

Britney | 380 comments Yep!

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) That is awesome :)

Britney | 380 comments I'm new to this group and new to goodreads. I don't know how I have lived so many years without knowing it existed. I'm like a kid in a candy store though, and I've never been able to discuss any Nora until now. Super excited

We're glad to have you here! Welcome to the group and Goodreads, Britney.

Britney | 380 comments Thank you Jonetta! I'm glad I found you guys! I really love your name btw. :)

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) I second the welcome, Britney.

Britney | 380 comments Thanks very much kris :)

message 15: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate (katemaree86) | 37 comments I can read this book in march to.

Loriidae Jaws is one of my favourite NR pets. :)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 331 comments Welcome, Britney. The Search is one of my favorites too. I'll chime in when everyone starts commenting.

Britney | 380 comments I love jaws :))

Britney | 380 comments Thanks Karen!

Elena | 101 comments Ohh now I'm excited! :D

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) Same here! I will be starting this one on the weekend I hope!

Elizabeth | 27 comments Started this book last night.

Elena | 101 comments Same here ... I have not read the book synopsis so I didn't know what it was about - I like being surprised, i don't like how the backs of books tell you half the story!!!

Anyways... Started creepy, (for those who didn't start yet, I will hide comments) (view spoiler)

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) Elena wrote: "Same here ... I have not read the book synopsis so I didn't know what it was about - I like being surprised, i don't like how the backs of books tell you half the story!!!

Anyways... Started cree..."

If it is an author I already know, a recommended book or I like a cover I don't read the back either.

Elena | 101 comments Kris - My Novelesque Life wrote: "If it is an author I already know, a recommended book or I like a cover I don't read the back either.
"

yeah , exactly... if it's a recommendation or an author I know... Otherwise, obviously I'd need to read the back to decide whether I even want to pick it up :D

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) I can be bad and just go by cover! lol

Elena | 101 comments ok, true, I've done that a bunch times as well :D
sometimes a cover is just so awesome that I think "this book MUST be good!!!!"

Elena | 101 comments ok, true, I've done that a bunch times as well :D
sometimes a cover is just so awesome that I think "this book MUST be good!!!!"

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) It can be fun sometimes.

Elizabeth | 27 comments Did anyone catch how old Fiona is? I thought it was weird that her husband has already been dead for 7 years and they where married just under 2 years.

I didn't have an age noted for Fiona. Simon is 33-years old, though.

Elena | 101 comments Were they married? I thought i read they would have been married next summer had he not been killed...
I assumed she was in her 30's....

Loriidae Not married, engaged

I'd forgotten how good this book was until I read the first two chapters yesterday to try to answer Elizabeth's question.

I was so hooked by the opening scenes.

Elizabeth | 27 comments Yes, lately I have been reading the older stuff of Nora's and they go slow. This story I want to keep reading.

Britney | 380 comments It would be so fun to be on a search and rescue canine team! When I read this book long ago, I already had a yellow lab. This book totally made me think I should get another lab , a chocolate this time. That wasn't the brightest idea. I love them , but they are more like jaws than Newman, and peck ;)

Lol! Did you try any of the training techniques in the book?

Britney | 380 comments I did lol, and I really find this book very informative and helpful. A great advocate for all the dogs In the world :) but I find I'm more like simon as well :) I envy Fiona and her patience. It did open my eyes a lot to thinking about now the dogs feel though or why they do things. Us humans seem to be the cause of most of our own frustration with them

That's what I learned when I hired a trainer for my Jaws...I was the problem:)

Britney | 380 comments Aww you have a jaws too :) what kind is yours?

My Jaws was a Bichon mix (with a Miniature Schnauzer) who had all the Bichon markings and personality. Casey's gone now but he was wild until I figured out the right things to do. Like with what happened to Simon, as soon as the dog trainer walked into my home, Casey straightened up immediately. That guy exuded Alpha and my dog knew it.

Britney | 380 comments It's amazing. Did you name him before the book and were pleasantly surprised when you read this ? Or did you get the inspiration from the book?

Oh, his name was Casey.

Britney | 380 comments So sorry for your loss :( it's losing family just as real as a person. ❤️

Britney | 380 comments I'm sorry. I got confused lol. I see what you meant. You had a metaphorical jaws :)

Exactly! lol!

I still miss him and it's been quite a few years.

Elizabeth | 27 comments Britney wrote: "It would be so fun to be on a search and rescue canine team! When I read this book long ago, I already had a yellow lab. This book totally made me think I should get another lab , a chocolate this ..."

My chocolate lab had so much more personality than my yellow but yes he was way out of control.

Britney | 380 comments Exactly lol. My yellow lab (girl) is the oldest and so completely sweet and gentle! My chocolate one (boy) is the opposite of gentle and so crazy lol

Elena | 101 comments Ok so the murders have begun , it seems very interesting so far... (view spoiler) ...

« previous 1