YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team O (Fun) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 79 (79 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Tiffany (last edited Feb 26, 2016 02:57AM) (new)

Tiffany Heywood (tiffthebooknerd) | 1562 comments Team O

✔️- Daniela
✔️- Courtney
- Michela
- Dragon Bookworm
✔️- Tiffany
✔️ - ɑƨħŵɑɡ
Letter Frequency:
A ×9, B ×2, C ×2, D ×4, E ×12, F ×2,
G ×3, H ×2, I ×9, J ×1, K ×1, L ×4, M ×2,
N ×6, O ×8, P ×2, Q ×1, R ×6, S ×4, T ×6,
U ×4, V ×2, W ×2, X ×1, Y ×2, Z ×1, blank ×2

Points Per Letter:
(1 point)-A, E, I, O, U, L, N, S, T, R.
(2 points)-D, G.
(3 points)-B, C, M, P.
(4 points)-F, H, V, W, Y.
(5 points)-K.
(8 points)- J, X.
(10 points)-Q, Z.

Challenge rules:
* Each letter has its own points score (as above).
* Each letter can only be used as many times as it appears on a scrabble board (as above)
* Blanks are freebies, and can be used for any letter, they will be awarded 1 point each.
* If a team manages to complete all 100 tiles, they may start the board for a second time.
* Books must be read between the 1st of March to the 31st of March inclusive.
* Books must be over 100 pages long, without illustrations. (150 pages minimum for middle-grade books, 300 pages minimum for poetry or books written in verse.)
* Please check with us about re-reads before reading.
* Our regular challenge rules can be found here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
* You can use other editions which have other titles, but only if the title is written using english letters, editions which are written in greek letters or arabic etc. won't count.

* Points will be awarded based on the letter used (as above)
* Buddy reads (which take place within our group) will gain the team 1 bonus point for books under 450 pages, and 2 bonus points for books 450 pages or longer.
* There will be no individual rankings in this game as not everyone will be able to use the higher value letters.

message 2: by Tiffany (last edited Mar 04, 2016 01:18AM) (new)

Tiffany Heywood (tiffthebooknerd) | 1562 comments this is where we will put what we are planning to read so just tell me which books you are going to read and i will add them to the list

A ( 1 point )
1. All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
2. Among the Enemy (Shadow Children, #6) by Margaret Peterson Haddix
3. Among the Free (Shadow Children, #7) by Margaret Peterson Haddix
4. The Art of Not Breathing by Sarah Alexander

B (3 points)
1. Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia

C ( 3 points)
1. City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5) by Cassandra Clare

D (2 points)
1. The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
2. The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood

E (1 point)
1. The Elite (The Selection, #2) by Kiera Cass

F ( 4 points)
1. The False Prince (The Ascendance Trilogy, #1) by Jennifer A. Nielsen

G (2 points)
1. A Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic, #2) by V.E. Schwab

H (4 points)
1. The Host (The Host, #1) by Stephenie Meyer

I (1 point)
1. Legacies Reborn (Lorien Legacies The Lost Files #13) by Pittacus Lore
2. I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1) by Pittacus Lore
3. The Isle of the Lost (Descendants, #1) by Melissa de la Cruz

J (8 points)
1. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë

K (5 points)

L (1 point)
1. Lastland (The War of Princes, #4) by A.R. Ivanovich

M (3 points)

N (1 point)

O (1 point)

P (3 points)
1. Persuasion by Jane Austen
2. Possessing the Secret of Joy by Alice Walker

Q (10 points)
1. Quiet The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain

R (1 point)
1. The Round House by Louise Erdrich

S (1 point)
1. Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1) by Josephine Angelini (this is a reread but sarah says i can use it as its the groups buddy read)

T (1 point)
1. Tell the Wind and Fire by Sarah Rees Brennan

U (1 point)
1. Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover
2. Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1) by Veronica Rossi
3. Unmade (The Lynburn Legacy, #3) by Sarah Rees Brennan

V (4 points)

W (4 points)
1. A Riley Bloom Novel Whisper by Alyson Noel

X ( 8 points)

Y (4 points)

Z (10 points)

BLANK

message 3: by Daniela (new)

Daniela Zekotic | 81 comments I'll get through my TR books once I'm back home on Thursday and then let you know :)

message 4: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 11423 comments Hey guys :)

message 5: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Heywood (tiffthebooknerd) | 1562 comments Hi Daniela and Courtney :)

message 6: by Daniela (new)

Daniela Zekotic | 81 comments I'll be starting another challenge on the 1st, so I'll use those books for here as well :)

message 7: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Heywood (tiffthebooknerd) | 1562 comments Ok that's fine I have a few books planned which I will put on there in a bit

message 8: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Heywood (tiffthebooknerd) | 1562 comments ive put a few books up which i plan to read but hopefully i can read more, i go in a fun team so its not stressfull

message 9: by Courtney (last edited Feb 25, 2016 01:09PM) (new)

message 10: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 11423 comments Those are the ones I really wanna read, but I am also going to try for Among the Enemy (Shadow Children, #6) by Margaret Peterson Haddix , Among the Free (Shadow Children, #7) by Margaret Peterson Haddix , and The Elite (The Selection, #2) by Kiera Cass

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Hi guys, new late joiner here :) here's what I planned to read next month so far..

Tell the Wind and Fire by Sarah Rees Brennan Lastland (The War of Princes, #4) by A.R. Ivanovich The Art of Not Breathing by Sarah Alexander The Round House by Louise Erdrich A Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic, #2) by V.E. Schwab Unmade (The Lynburn Legacy, #3) by Sarah Rees Brennan Quiet The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain

message 12: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Heywood (tiffthebooknerd) | 1562 comments Courtney wrote: "Those are the ones I really wanna read, but I am also going to try for Among the Enemy (Shadow Children, #6) by Margaret Peterson Haddix, Among the Free (Shadow Children, #7) by Margaret Peterson Haddix, and The Elite (The Selection, #2) by Kiera Cass"

ive added all yours

message 13: by Tiffany (last edited Feb 26, 2016 02:55AM) (new)

Tiffany Heywood (tiffthebooknerd) | 1562 comments ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ wrote: "Hi guys, new late joiner here :) here's what I planned to read next month so far..

hi welcome to the team

would you like Pilgrims Pa by Elizabeth Gilbert under T or A ???
would you like The Round House by Louise Erdrich under R or T ??
Would you like A Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic, #2) by V.E. Schwab under G or A??

this is because we can chose whether we include 'The' and 'A' within the title and i dont want to be controlling so thats why im asking. all the rest of yours have been added

message 14: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Heywood (tiffthebooknerd) | 1562 comments Courtney wrote: "City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5) by Cassandra ClareThe Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2) by Rick RiordanBeyond the Grave (The 39 Clues #4) by Jude Watson, Legacies Reborn (Lorien Legacies The Lost Files #13) by Pittacus Lore"

Hi ive added most of yours but would you like The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2) by Rick Riordan under T or S ??

message 15: by Daniela (new)

Daniela Zekotic | 81 comments My first book will be I am Number Four by Puttacus Lore and I'll also cover the J with Jane Eyer by Charlotte Bronte

I'm on my phone so I can't put the link to the books on here

message 16: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Heywood (tiffthebooknerd) | 1562 comments ok i will add them for you

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments @Tiffany it's alright, I just thought I'd choose which letter later :)

The Round House by Louise Erdrich for R

A Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic, #2) by V.E. Schwab for G

The Art of Not Breathing by Sarah Alexander for A

message 18: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Heywood (tiffthebooknerd) | 1562 comments ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ wrote: "@Tiffany it's alright, I just thought I'd choose which letter later :)

A Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic, #2) by V.E. Schwab for G

[bookcover:The Art of Not Brea..."

oh ok sorry. i just like to be organised im sorry. ok i will add them now

message 19: by Daniela (new)

Daniela Zekotic | 81 comments Possessing the Secret of Joy
The Diary of a Young Girl under D
Persuasion by Jane Austen
The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud under D

so those are the other books I badly want to read this month

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Tiffany wrote: "ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ wrote: "@Tiffany it's alright, I just thought I'd choose which letter later :)

[bookcover:A Gathering of Shadows|207..."

no need, it's never too bad to be organized :) it made me get to them more quickly rather than last minute..

message 22: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Heywood (tiffthebooknerd) | 1562 comments ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ wrote: "Tiffany wrote: "ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ wrote: "@Tiffany it's alright, I just thought I'd choose which letter later :)

[bookcover:A Gatherin..."

ok, thats why i like to try and be organised so that i make time for reading

message 23: by ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (last edited Feb 27, 2016 05:25AM) (new)

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments do you guys have any books planned to BR next month.. maybe we can join them to get higher points..

I'm thinking of joining these buddy reads Divergent (re-read), Golden Son & Morning Star

I also have Tell the Wind and Fire by Sarah Rees Brennan scheduled for a buddy read..

message 24: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Heywood (tiffthebooknerd) | 1562 comments I have a few buddy reads planned

message 25: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 11423 comments Tiffany wrote: "Courtney wrote: "City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5) by Cassandra ClareThe Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2) by Rick RiordanBeyond the Grave (The 39 Clues #4) by Jude Watson, Legacies Reborn (Lorien Legacies The Lost Files #13) by Pittacus Lore"

Hi ive added most of yours ..."

I was thinking S, but out can go under T if we need it to.

message 26: by Courtney (last edited Feb 27, 2016 09:22AM) (new)

Courtney | 11423 comments So I cant do Beyond the Grave :( However I want to add Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander ( this one is a buddy read) and The Murder of an Angel (Confessions, #4) by James Patterson .

message 27: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Heywood (tiffthebooknerd) | 1562 comments Beyond the grave?? Which book is that. I will add the others in a bit

message 28: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 11423 comments Tiffany wrote: "Beyond the grave?? Which book is that. I will add the others in a bit"

The 39 clues one

message 29: by Daniela (new)

Daniela Zekotic | 81 comments The challenge will start for me in about 6 hours :) maybe I'll be awake to start reading already after midnight!
Who else is excited?

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Daniela wrote: "The challenge will start for me in about 6 hours :) maybe I'll be awake to start reading already after midnight!
Who else is excited?"

me too .. I'm pretty excited as well :)

message 31: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Heywood (tiffthebooknerd) | 1562 comments I have an hour until midnight if I can stay awake I will try and read if not then I'll read tomorrow

message 32: by Michela (new)

Michela Searson | 214 comments Hey I'm Michela. I don't really plan the books that I am going to read as I usually do not stick to it. I am more of a person who reads whatever book I feel like reading. I hope that is alright.

message 33: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Heywood (tiffthebooknerd) | 1562 comments Yeah that should be fine

message 34: by Michela (new)

Michela Searson | 214 comments I do for sure plan on reading Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer for C

message 35: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Heywood (tiffthebooknerd) | 1562 comments Ok and well done on finishing a book already ashwag

message 36: by Daniela (new)

Daniela Zekotic | 81 comments I didn't quite get what to do after I finish a book.. I just posted my review, do I have to let the admin know that I'm done or will be everything collected at the end of the challenge?

message 37: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Heywood (tiffthebooknerd) | 1562 comments You have to post it on our review thread. There is a template on how you set it out on that thread

message 38: by Daniela (new)

Daniela Zekotic | 81 comments Oh right! I totally forgot that

message 39: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Heywood (tiffthebooknerd) | 1562 comments if i can get most of my college work done today then this weekend all im going to do is read! i may even try and pull an all nighter tomorrow night and read constently

message 40: by Daniela (new)

Daniela Zekotic | 81 comments Tiffany wrote: "if i can get most of my college work done today then this weekend all im going to do is read! i may even try and pull an all nighter tomorrow night and read constently"

good luck with that! :) I'll have to study all weekend and write my dissertation, so not a lot of time to read for me ^^

message 41: by Daniela (new)

Daniela Zekotic | 81 comments So I just finished my second book (The Wonderful Wizard of Oz) :) I'm still not quite sure how the review thing works as it's hard to just write down what happened in the story as there was a lot happening in this one. So I just wrote some short review, I do hope it'll be enough, otherwise I'll have to write more

message 42: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 11423 comments Sorry I have not been able to read anything yet. However, today is my last class before spring break so I should be able to gey some books in :)

message 43: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Heywood (tiffthebooknerd) | 1562 comments I am so sorry I haven't been able to finish a book yet but I am going to read all day tomorrow. I have just been so stressed with college work and so tired I have just been falling to sleep when I come home from work

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments @Courtney we're also starting our spring break here in saudi arabia :)

@Tiffany take it easy.. College is more important! We're reading for fun..

I also haven't been able to finish a book for a week.. I am no longer interested in what I am reading .. Starting to feel like another slump on the way :( but i am not going to let it take over :D

message 45: by Daniela (new)

Daniela Zekotic | 81 comments Tiffany wrote: "I am so sorry I haven't been able to finish a book yet but I am going to read all day tomorrow. I have just been so stressed with college work and so tired I have just been falling to sleep when I ..."

don't worry about it! College comes first, and the reading shouldn't feel like a chore. We're all here for the fun of reading after all :)

message 46: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Heywood (tiffthebooknerd) | 1562 comments I know but I normally read more then what I have been. I miss reading but I'm loving the book I'm reading at the moment

message 47: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Heywood (tiffthebooknerd) | 1562 comments I posted my first review

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Tiffany wrote: "I posted my first review"

YAAAAY! :-)

message 49: by Daniela (new)

Daniela Zekotic | 81 comments If anyone wants to have the letter J feel free to! I'm not sure if I'll get to that book in time

message 50: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Heywood (tiffthebooknerd) | 1562 comments I'll see if I can get to a J one

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.