Start by marking “The Murder of an Angel (Confessions, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Murder of an Angel (Confessions, #4)

The Murder of an Angel

(Confessions #4)

In the dramatic conclusion of the bestselling Confessions series, Tandy Angel's next murder case could be her own!

Tandy Angel is losing her mind—or so she thinks. Even as she's forced to fight for the family company, she's imagining new dangers in every shadow. And as her detective prowess is called into question and her paranoia builds, she has to face the very real possi
Published October 26th 2015 by Little, Brown Company

To ask other readers questions about The Murder of an Angel, please sign up.
Donna Rogers Agree 100%. I'm so disappointed with James Patterson right now. He can do better than this. He left a major plot line just dangling. I always felt tha…moreAgree 100%. I'm so disappointed with James Patterson right now. He can do better than this. He left a major plot line just dangling. I always felt that there was something more behind James' behavior, but I guess it turns out he was just your garden variety jerk after all. (But I'm just guessing, since Patterson didn't feel the need to explain.) So disappointing. The series started out so interesting, but this last book was yuck.(less)

Start your review of The Murder of an Angel (Confessions, #4)
Kristin
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-young-adult
Was it just me, or did the story feel rushed and incomplete?

The last three books in the series were full of suspense and fun. Lots of mystery, action, adventure, and surprises...this installment lacked pretty much all those qualities.

It made it obvious who the bad guy was from the beginning and there wasn't really much meat to this story. It was a short, fast read.

Honestly, I don't feel much closure. Sure there was an ending involving the pills and the family, but there are still questions left
Sarah Elizabeth
This was an okay end to the series, and Tandi definitely had to dodge a lot of attempts on her life!

6 out of 10
Tiffany PSquared
Audiobook Review

I listened to this one because I felt obligated to finish the series (even though I only read the book right before this one - not the whole series). Not sure what I was expecting, but it didn't impress me much once it ended. I know this is YA, so maybe that's a better audience for it than I was.
Sandra
Original: 2/7/2015
*points up*
Why does it say this book is coming out 2016? the last one was published 2014, why the year skip?

Update #1: 6/3/2015
oh
OH
What is this?
Do my eyes deceive me? Or is that a book cover, a book title, a synopsis, and a release date.

Holy flipping burgers. It comes out this year. And it's actually the last book in the series.
Yes! I will have closure.

Update #2: 11/4/2015
I'm going to talk about the ending so... (view spoiler)
Rebecca
What the heck happened to standards in the publishing industry? Will they put out any piece of crap as long as there's a famous name on the cover?

The Tandy Angel series had a terrific opening book, but it's been downhill from there. With "The Murder of an Angel" the author actually got into a grave and started digging.

I am stunned at how bad this is. Fresh out of a psychiatric care facility for nearly being murdered, Tandy finds herself the target of several more assassination attempts includin
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
Rating: 3.75/5

Original review on Julalicious Book Paradise

I had forgotten how this series is such an easy read. I read this book in an afternoon at work while there wasn’t much to do. As much as I have enjoyed this book, I will say that I didn’t enjoy it as much as the first books of the series. Okay, let’s say the first two books got my attention a lot more than the last two, but there were still good; just not as good as the first ones.

So in the final book of the series, Tandy continues her pa
Ricky
I was expecting a wild and insane finale for the Confessions series. Maybe it didn't exactly fit the bill, but other than the surprisingly limited action, this fourth and last book was a satisfying conclusion, if only because it finally brings the Angel family drama full circle. The sci-fi elements popping up in books 2 and 3 are toned down somewhat (even though those were what I most enjoyed about those books, it's okay that this book is a little bit more grounded in reality, despite the contin ...more
Kirsty-Marie Jones
And worst book I've read in 2015 goes to...Mainly because it's 20% book, and 80% rehash.
kari
Jan 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
Quite disappointing, actually.
If this is really the last book in the series, then I'm left with too many questions. The ending, such as it is, is too abrupt and I kept waiting for there to be some twist, some villain to appear that I wasn't expecting and that never happened. I kept waiting for some explanation about the love interest. There are several more things listed here to avoid spoilers (view spoiler)
carolina ☾
Slut Shaming aside, this book was still bad. This series fell very far from it's first statement.
Veronica Morfi
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
Unfortunately, this series has been getting worse and worse. I loved the Angels in the first book with all their weirdness and also the mysteries of the first couple of books were more interesting than the last two
Abbie
Nov 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Finally! The end of a series. It wasn't as exciting as I would havr liked. I was expecting a bigger ending but oh well. There were still a lot of questions left unanswered so but at least Tandy's happy.
Mackenzie Bumgarner
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
I LOVED this series so much I could hardly put any of them down.
Yvonne (It's All About Books)

Finished reading: May 5th 2017

"There were three sides to this story: hers, his, and mine. But who cares about theirs? My side had been vetted and psychiatrically approved."

(view spoiler)
Adam
Oct 04, 2015 rated it did not like it
When Any Ending Will Do

The series ends with a fizzle. Things get wrapped up, but not so nearly satisfactory as they should have been. Some developments along the way directly contradict information we've already been given and shown to be true. The authors don't even bother to give the really implausible plot points implausible solutions.

Pacing is a problem. There were points where I felt like I was re-reading the first 3 books in the series. Did we still need this much exposition? The entire "
Ivy
5 stars

Glad that they were finally able to stop Angel Pharm. Also glad that Katherine doesn't have to hide anymore. Hope Peter rots in prison. Also hope Tandy will be able to find love again. Good luck to the Angel kids!!!!

Can't wait to read more of James Patterson's books!!!!!
Louisa
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Really awesome book, and I really enjoyed it! Some flaws, like a bit over dramatic, a bit short, with some details that I would've really loved to get!
Lauren AKA randomreader
This was so rushed! I really wish this series was only 2 books long because the last 2 were quite disappointing.
Elise
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
Does this guy’s marketing person even read the books?
I don’t know
It certainly wasn’t thrilling
The plot was like all the other books stacked together. Every few seconds “he gets arrested! She gets shot at! I hate my parents!”
This series probably should’ve been a standalone, to be honest?
Kathy
Ugghhhhh! Why does it seem like authors are under so much pressure to put that next, and often final, book out it causes it to seem rushed and lacking in some way. I felt this way with the twilight series, I was disappointed with Mockingjay, same with Allegiant. It just seems like a big huh oh ok. When it should be WOW THE WAS AMAZING!! Like how I felt putting down book 7 of Harry Potter. The sadness I felt then was because that was it, it was over. It felt like saying goodbye to a great friend. ...more
Vicki
I'm glad to finally have my questions answered! Although I kept questioning throughout the book who was really doing what, as it turned out (view spoiler)

Tandy is snarky and gutsy and one brave little girl to fight what seemed like the entire world the way she did.
She was being attacked and had attempted murders committed but she made it through all of it, almost unscathed.

Gosh...I can't do this right now. I'll have to come
Erin
Mar 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
The Murder of an Angel is a disappointing and anti climatic end to the Confessions series. I don't recommend it.
Dana-Rae
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked the book but I felt like it was more fast than the other in the series. I also felt like we got closure but at the same time I wish there had if been more. All in all it was a good book and I recommend reading it.
Kevin
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Sloppy ending. First book in series the best but it was all downhill from there--especially this 4th book. You're better than this, James Patterson. Don't create a book series unless you set out to be brilliant.
Olivia
A surprise ending to the book! Loved it :)
Maria Mitchell
Apr 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Wasn't as good as book 3.
Katie
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great conclusion to the series! Tandy is being attacked, but by who? And why does no one believe her? Can she figure it out before they kill her for good?
Sheila Burke
Sep 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Holy crap! I read a lot of reviews saying this series wasn't very good, but I really, thoroughly enjoyed all of them. Well-written, well-paced, and creative. Definitely worth the time to read.
Sara
Feb 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
This book had such a satisfying ending. I loved it!!
Aaron
Jan 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Tandoori Angel is back with her brothers as they face another suspenseful mystery. This time, they have come back from France, having recently learned they have a major inheritance from their now-dead grandmother. As they settle back into New York City, it quickly becomes clear that they have not necessarily come back home despite the fact that their new apartment is even furnished with their old stuff.

Tandy is still suffering from having had her boyfriend stolen by her best friend. She has also

• Riley in the Morning
  • Legend of the Lost Legend (Goosebumps, #47)
  • A Wedding in Maine
  • Wildcard (Office 119 #1)
  • The Jericho Pact (Office 119 #3)
  • The Crimson Code (Office 119 #2)
  • The Big Game
  • A Dictionary of Zoology
  • Introduction to Architecture
  • History of Architecture: From Classic to Contemporary
  • The Boy Who Didn't Come Home (The Hazel Wood #1.5)
  • Toxic Toffee (Amish Candy Shop Mystery #4)
  • How Successful People Win: Turn Every Setback into a Step Forward
  • Various Positions
  • Final Notice (Damaged Goods, #1)
  • Degrees of Separation (Alex Jensen / Jessie Arnold, #12)
  • The Berenstain Bears Meet Santa Bear
  • Lease on the Beach (Damaged Goods, #2)
Official US Site
Official UK Site
JIMMY Patterson Books
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson is the world’s bestselling author and most trusted storyteller. He has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today, with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. He has sold over 380 million books wo

Confessions (4 books)
  • Confessions of a Murder Suspect (Confessions, #1)
  • The Private School Murders (Confessions, #2)
  • The Paris Mysteries (Confessions, #3)