YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team N (Fun) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 122 (122 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 08, 2016 03:19AM) (new)

Team N.:

Rebecca ✔
Laura ✔
Katherine ✔
Masoodah ✔
Emily ✔
Pheobe

Welcome Team! To make sure that we know which letter each person is reading for we'll plan out what each of us are reading on this thread before March 1st.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

(1 point)-A, E, I, O, U, L, N, S, T, R.
(2 points)-D, G.
(3 points)-B, C, M, P.
(4 points)-F, H, V, W, Y.
(5 points)-K.
(8 points)- J, X.
(10 points)-Q, Z.

Letter frequency = A×9, B ×2, C ×2, D ×4, E ×12, F ×2, G ×3, H ×2, I ×9, J ×1, K ×1, L ×4, M ×2, N ×6, O ×8, P ×2, Q ×1, R ×6, S ×4, T ×6, U ×4, V ×2, W ×2, X ×1, Y ×2, Z ×1, blank ×2

Rules:
* Each letter has its own points score (as above).
* Each letter can only be used as many times as it appears on a scrabble board (as above)
* Blanks are freebies, and can be used for any letter, they will be awarded 1 point each.
* If a team manages to complete all 100 tiles, they may start the board for a second time.
* Books must be read between the 1st of March to the 31st of March inclusive.
* Books must be over 100 pages long, without illustrations. (150 pages minimum for middle-grade books, 300 pages minimum for poetry or books written in verse.)
* Please check with us about re-reads before reading.
* Our regular challenge rules can be found here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
* You can use other editions which have other titles, but only if the title is written using english letters, editions which are written in greek letters or arabic etc. won't count.

* Points will be awarded based on the letter used (as above)
* Buddy reads (which take place within our group) will gain the team 1 bonus point for books under 450 pages, and 2 bonus points for books 450 pages or longer.
* There will be no individual rankings in this game as not everyone will be able to use the higher value letters.

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 23, 2016 08:53AM) (new)

Letter frequency = A×9, B ×2, C ×2, D ×4, E ×12, F ×2, G ×3, H ×2, I ×9, J ×1, K ×1, L ×4, M ×2, N ×6, O ×8, P ×2, Q ×1, R ×6, S ×4, T ×6, U ×4, V ×2, W ×2, X ×1, Y ×2, Z ×1, blank ×2

I'll keep updating this every time someone writes a review for their book with that letter.

Please inform me what books you are reading on this thread so I can submit them next to their corresponding letter. Thank you :)

Books being read:

A (x6)- Are We There Yet? by David Levithan Ash Mistry and the Savage Fortress (Ash Mistry Chronicles, #1) by Sarwat Chadda After Moonrise by P.C. Cast Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness

B (x1)- Bitten (Otherworld #1) by Kelley Armstrong

C (x1)- Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare

D (x2)- Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver The Diamond of Darkhold (Book of Ember, #4) by Jeanne DuPrau Denying Ecstasy (Guardians of the Realms, #3) by Setta Jay

E (x6)- Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin The Enemy (The Enemy, #1) by Charlie Higson Ella, The Slayer by A.W. Exley Ecstasy Unbound (The Guardians of the Realms, #1) by Setta Jay Ecstasy Claimed (The Guardians of the Realms, #2) by Setta Jay Elemental Arcane (The Eldritch Files, #1) by Phaedra Weldon Ember X (Death Collectors, #1) by Jessica Sorensen Everwild (The Healer Series Book 1) by Kayla Jo Embrace the Dark (The Blood Rose, #1) by Caris Roane Everblue (Mer Tales, #1) by Brenda Pandos Evil Allure (Across The Wolf, #1) by Rhea Wilde The Escape (Henderson's Boys, #1) by Robert Muchamore Ember's Curse (Prime Wolf, #1) by Gena D. Lutz

F (x1)- Fountain Of Secrets (Relic Seekers, #2) by Anita Clenney Falling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms, #1) by Morgan Rhodes

G (x2)- Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1) by Anita Clenney The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

H (x2)- Half Bad (The Half Bad Trilogy, #1) by Sally Green

I (x9)- Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3) by Stephanie Perkins Immortal City (Immortal City, #1) by Scott Speer The Iron Trial (Magisterium, #1) by Holly Black I’ll Take New York by Miranda Dickinson

J (x1)-

K (x1)- The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1) by Patrick Ness

L (x4)- Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6) by Richelle Mead The Lost Chalice (Relic Seekers, #3) by Anita Clenney

M (x0)-COMPLETED
Mirrorscape by Mike Wilks Mile High by Rebecca Chance

N (x6)- Now You See Me (Lacey Flint, #1) by S.J. Bolton

O (x7)- Omega (War of the Alphas, #1) by S.M. Reine

P (x0)COMPLETED- The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux The Prophet of Yonwood (Book of Ember, #3) by Jeanne DuPrau

Q (x1)- The Queen of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #1) by Erika Johansen

R (x6)- Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard

S (x3)- Stone Bruises by Simon Beckett

T (x4)- The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1) by Jenny Han The Iron Witch (The Iron Witch, #1) by Karen Mahoney The City of Ember (Book of Ember, #1) by Jeanne DuPrau The People of Sparks (Book of Ember, #2) by Jeanne DuPrau These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1) by Amie Kaufman

U (x3)- Unveiled (Turner, #1) by Courtney Milan Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1) by Veronica Rossi

V (x2)- A Very Accidental Love Story by Claudia Carroll

W (x2)- Wither (The Chemical Garden, #1) by Lauren DeStefano We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

X (x1)-

Y (x1)- The Year I Met You by Cecelia Ahern

Z (x0)COMPLETED- Zoey Rogue (Incubatti, #1) by Lizzy Ford

Blank (Any 2 letters) -

1) C - Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra Clare

2)

message 4: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments checking in but on holiday so won't be able to plan till the weekend when I'm back home and next to my bookshelf

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

rebeccasneverendingbookshelf wrote: "checking in but on holiday so won't be able to plan till the weekend when I'm back home and next to my bookshelf"

Alright no worries. Just make sure that its done before March 1st. Thank you :)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome Pheobe! :)

message 7: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments I get back home Saturday eve so will definatley be able to plan on Sunday/ Monday as I also have some college work to do

message 8: by Katherine (new)

Katherine I"m planning on reading Clockwork Angel, Prince, and Princess

message 9: by Tayla (new)

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) | 3093 comments hey team!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

rebeccasneverendingbookshelf wrote: "I get back home Saturday eve so will definatley be able to plan on Sunday/ Monday as I also have some college work to do"

Okay no worries :)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Katherine wrote: "I"m planning on reading Clockwork Angel, Prince, and Princess"

Awesome. I'll add it in. :)

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Tayla wrote: "hey team!"

Hey there Tayla! :)

message 13: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Awesome this is gonna be so fun!

message 14: by Rebecca (last edited Feb 28, 2016 09:15AM) (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments Ok so, I'm only going to plan a few books and I'll just see how i get on with the rest. Is that ok?

Half Bad (The Half Bad Trilogy, #1) by Sally Green for H
Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver for D
The Queen of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #1) by Erika Johansen for Q
Mist (Mist, #1) by Kathryn James for M
The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1) by Jenny Han for T
The Iron Witch (The Iron Witch, #1) by Karen Mahoney for T
Ash Mistry and the Savage Fortress (Ash Mistry Chronicles, #1) by Sarwat Chadda for A
After Moonrise by P.C. Cast for A
Bitten (Otherworld #1) by Kelley Armstrong for B

And that's all I have thought to plan, I'll probably read a lot more but I can't decide what to read yet :/ sorry

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

rebeccasneverendingbookshelf wrote: "Ok so, I'm only going to plan a few books and I'll just see how i get on with the rest. Is that ok?

[bookcover:The Queen of ..."

Of course! I'm literally just putting the books I intend to read atm, but I'm probably going to add more on later :)
Thank you - theres still 2 people left.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

rebeccasneverendingbookshelf wrote: "Ok so, I'm only going to plan a few books and I'll just see how i get on with the rest. Is that ok?

[bookcover:The Queen of ..."

I've added it in!
We have no E's and we have to take 12 of them of the board... I'll see what books I can find.

message 17: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments I'll have a look at E but I just read the 2 I had on hand for Feb reading challenge- will probably have some more but will have to hunt them out

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah I can hardly find any E's though.. but I'm sure there must be one hiding somewhere

message 19: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments I haven't got any on my immediate bookshelf got 48 on my kindle some of which I really don't want to read yet and I will have a search of my big bookshelf

message 20: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments I've started reading Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1) by Anita Clenney for G on my kindle as well as Ash Mistry and the Savage Fortress (Ash Mistry Chronicles, #1) by Sarwat Chadda for A

message 21: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments also I'm almost done with Omega (War of the Alphas, #1) by S.M. Reine for O possibly tonight as I started it during work today :)

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay awesome. I'm currently reading Stone Bruises for S. Hoping to finish it by tommorow. And I will be reading Are we there yet for A soon after.

Im on my phone so cant add the links for my book.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Plus for E I found some books. We gotta get rid of that first but no ones hardly here..

Enders Game and Ethel and Ernest.

message 24: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments I found I've got Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin for E and I'm really hoping The Enemy (The Enemy, #1) by Charlie Higson would count but I'm not sure

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Yep you can skip 'the' so it doea count

message 26: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments also just got Ella, The Slayer by A.W. Exley for E

message 27: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments I'm going to give you my plan for like the next week;
i can only read three books at a time and I've already started 3;
Ash Mistry and the Savage Fortress (Ash Mistry Chronicles, #1) by Sarwat Chadda
Omega (War of the Alphas, #1) by S.M. Reine
Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1) by Anita Clenney
but these will be done in the next few days.

Then I've got
Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin
Ella, The Slayer by A.W. Exley
Ecstasy Unbound (The Guardians of the Realms, #1) by Setta Jay

and then
The Enemy (The Enemy, #1) by Charlie Higson
Ecstasy Claimed (The Guardians of the Realms, #2) by Setta Jay
Elemental Arcane (The Eldritch Files, #1) by Phaedra Weldon

So that's like 6 E's

message 28: by Laura (new)

Laura (lalalalaura_h) | 49 comments Sorry I haven't checked in! I completely forgot about the challenge! I know for sure that one of the books I plan on reading is the last book in the vampire academy series, Last Sacrifice. The other books depend on the library :) haha

message 29: by Laura (new)

Laura (lalalalaura_h) | 49 comments Oh and the another book will be We Were Liars

message 30: by Laura (new)

Laura (lalalalaura_h) | 49 comments Oh and the another book will be We Were Liars

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Laura wrote: "Sorry I haven't checked in! I completely forgot about the challenge! I know for sure that one of the books I plan on reading is the last book in the vampire academy series, Last Sacrifice. The othe..."

Its okay! Youre here now and I'll add them in.

We're trying to get rid of the E's as there are 12 on the board so if you have any please ad. Thank you Laura :)

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

FOLLOWING LETTERS HAVE BEEN FILLED:

C M Q W

message 33: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments I'm going to have to make a change for my M book as Mile High by Rebecca Chance is due back to the library on the 11th so I'll be reading that instead of Mist (Mist, #1) by Kathryn James

Sorry

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Thats fine haha. How come you deleted your review post?

message 35: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments I didn't know I did :/ I'll just put it up again?

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Because I was looking on the reviews and it wasnt there

message 37: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments I've just seen that too- I'm just posting it again now- although Abby has already given us the point

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Forget about clearing the board now I think we should just aim for the high point letters

message 39: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments can I just stick to my plan for the minute

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah of course. What you reading?

message 41: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments A, G, 6 x E's, B, D, H, M, Q, 2 x T

message 42: by Katherine (new)

Katherine right now I'm almost finished with The Phantom of the Opera so that can be for P right?

message 43: by Katherine (new)

Katherine and how do you add the little pictures of books?

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

@Katherine Yep thats awesome! To add a book cover/link theres an option on top of the comments box that says 'add book or authors' click on that blue link. Once you do a box will come up and you can search the book you want to add.

To add the little picture of the book:
Search the book in the search box and if you want to add another cover of the book (or another edition) click add edition and find the edition of the book you want to add.
There are two options at the bottom of the box (link and cover) Click on the cover option and click add next to the book you have searched.

Hope this helps. It only works on browser, not on the mobile apps.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

@Rebecca You got it all planned so thats awesome. Good going

message 46: by Katherine (new)

Katherine thank you!

message 47: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 07, 2016 07:27AM) (new)

I just realised that the books I put under 'T' all begin with "The" so I've put The girl on the train under G so we get more points for G.

There are two other books too. Shall I change them too?

message 48: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments My 2 'T' books won't matter because ones 'I' and the other 'S' which are both just 1 point anyway

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh yeah then it should be alright.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Currently reading Another little Piece for A. Finish that off today then gonna start The Year I met you for Y. Got it today from library. :)

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.