YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Speak
This topic is about Speak
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson - Restarting May 18th 2017

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachael (last edited Apr 28, 2014 10:43PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments Melinda Sordino busted an end-of-summer party by calling the cops. Now her old friends won't talk to her, and people she doesn't even know hate her from a distance. The safest place to be is alone, inside her own head. But even that's not safe. Because there's something she's trying not to think about, something about the night of the party that, if she let it in, would blow her carefully constructed disguise to smithereens. And then she would have to speak the truth. This extraordinary first novel has captured the imaginations of teenagers and adults across the country.

Sara Williams (sarafwilliams) I dropped this before but I might pick it up to read with you guys :)

Kelly | 8 comments I read this book a long time ago but I loved it.

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments I've been having a hard time getting into this book! I'm only about 100 pages in and I'm pretty bored but think it has potential so I'll stick with it (just slow)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments This book is so dull and boring... It's taken me WAY too long to get through it.. I am considering ditching it but I have a hard time doing that.. Hopefully it picks up in the last 20%

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments 90% (view spoiler)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments What's up with the stuffed rabbit obsession?

message 8: by Rachael (last edited May 26, 2014 10:02PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments Finished....... description
So basically this book was a flatline from start to finish

I just don't even know what to say about what I just read because I just... couldn't care less? I dunno.. not a fan of the writing style at all. Kinda all over the place and scattered.. A lot of chapters that weren't necessary.. 2.2 out of 5 stars

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments Sophie wrote: "Sorry I think I forgot about it but what rabbit obsession?"

She had like over 100 stuffed rabbits in her room.. And she was always talking about rabbits and comparing them to stuff

message 10: by Mimi (new) - added it

Mimi | 233 comments Nora and I are going to be reading this one on the 16th of November, would one of the mods mind changing the date for us?
Feel free to join us :)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 82929 comments Mod
***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Date Changed. Restarting November 16th 2014. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Cinthia | 5702 comments Does anybody want to do this buddy read with me? Is anyone already reading this book. I just got it and would love to add it as a BR...

Cinthia | 5702 comments I hope there is someone else out there joining me on this buddy read...

Cinthia | 5702 comments Started it yesterday and quickly became curious as to why Melinda had called the cops on this party. I've yet to get to that part but it's getting interesting.. This 9th graders seems to be more involved and outgoing than when I was a freshman... I feel bad for Melinda. But what happened??? Must keep reading...

message 15: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments Did you look for a buddy in the buddy read thread? You might be able to find someone to read with you. :)

Cinthia | 5702 comments Melinda, Melinda, Melinda... Poor girl. Sometimes there is a reason people choose to not speak... Guess Melinda has a good reason or is it???

Cinthia | 5702 comments Overall it was ok... I think that through tragedy you can also make long lasting friends. But the true friends are the ones that will listen to you first... Melinda got more than she hoped for and through words (some hers, some not) her slate got cleaned...

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 82929 comments Mod
*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Date Changed. Restarting October 30th 2015. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

message 19: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
**********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Reading from the 21st of March 2017

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Haley (haleymadd) | 1272 comments I'll be joining!

Haley (haleymadd) | 1272 comments Starting now

Haley (haleymadd) | 1272 comments 28% (view spoiler)

Haley (haleymadd) | 1272 comments 48% (view spoiler) I will probably finish today.

Haley (haleymadd) | 1272 comments 75% (view spoiler)

Haley (haleymadd) | 1272 comments finished (view spoiler)

message 26: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Reading from the 18th of May 2017

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

message 27: by Shae (new) - rated it 2 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments 15% (view spoiler)

message 28: by Shae (new) - rated it 2 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments 44% (view spoiler)

message 29: by Shae (new) - rated it 2 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments 83% (view spoiler)

message 30: by Shae (new) - rated it 2 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Finished (view spoiler)