Harry Potter discussion

Personal Preferences > Has anyone considered this?

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by TempOcean (new)

TempOcean (MountainSage) | 16 comments J.K. Rowlng might be done with the Harry Potter series, but what about Harry's and Ginny's kids? Shouldn't she or someone else continue about them, and write a new series?

message 2: by Maya (new)

Maya (numerounochewylover) | 270 comments If anyone rites them, it should be her. Having someone else write about the Potters would feel wrong.

message 3: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) Plus, I also am nervous that the wrong person would ruin it. Someone, I'm sure, with all good intentions could easily get it all wrong!

message 4: by Joanie (new)

Joanie | 7 comments I agree it should be her. I had really expected that Harry would take over as Headmaster of Hogwarts when he grew up and then the next series of books would be about that but the ending of Deathly Hollows didn't make it seem like that would happen. It will be interesting to see what she does.

message 5: by Chris (last edited Feb 27, 2008 01:37PM) (new)

Chris | 1 comments I definately think that there should be another series. someone with her talent shouldnt't stop writing.

message 6: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (booksandbows) | 15 comments Jo, being a writer, will keep writing (she had said so) but, I think that after the encyclopedia she will be finished with harry's world.:'(. In the documentary she acknowledged the potential for books about the second generations or harry's parents but decided that she didn't want to. I think the encyclopedia should be enough though, it sounds fantastic.

message 7: by Taylor S (new)

Taylor S | 118 comments I believe that JK said she would go on writing books about Harry's world, just not centered around Harry. I was on her website and she said that she was working on another children's book. I hope that it is something equally good as Harry's books.

message 8: by TempOcean (new)

TempOcean (MountainSage) | 16 comments But we need something continuing Harry Potter here! Of course she wouldn't go on about Harry, he's gotten older. She can't stop writing - she's too good not too.I just want to see another series about the world of Harry Potter; not necessarily about Harry himself.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I made a post about this!! Tess said it sounded stupid, or, exactly: LAME.forget Tess. I love this series, and almost hated finishing book 7, knowing it was the last one. What is this encyclopedia??????????? ???

??? ???

???

message 10: by Ray-Ray (new)

Ray-Ray | 20 comments ya i know. is it like a story? or just references to what's going to happen in the future? i was really hoping she'd write another series, or set of harry potter books of some sort.

i also agree that it should be JK rowling who writes another series, if there is one. It's kind of like the Jane Austen books, the sequels are just awful, when the books are awesome.

message 11: by Gunjari (new)

Gunjari (Irajnug) | 732 comments i was reading this book called "harry potter: fact, fiction and folklore" and at the end there was this quote from jk. it was like, "when i finish the seventh book i beleive that i will be done with harry and his world," or something, and it showed a boat sailing away and i like, almost cried. sigh.

message 12: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (ioanasaunt) | 63 comments I hope Harry Potter would have a son that has also a name Harry Potter Jr. so that he can continue the story. For me, it would not be very interesting if the 36-year-old Harry Potter will continue the story.

message 13: by Aegine (new)

Aegine | 359 comments Justin wrote: "I made a post about this!! Tess said it sounded stupid, or, exactly: LAME.forget Tess. I love this series, and almost hated finishing book 7, knowing it was the last one. What is this encyclopedia?..."

I saw it on the Today show the day after the 7th book came out. It's like all the stuff she wanted to put in the books but was edited out and all the stuff that would interesting to know as fans. The Harry Potter Lexicon had a huge court thing about it because they wanted to publish their site as a book but then that would be practically the Harry Potter Encloypedia. I'm guessing the Hp Lexicon won cuz I bought their book some time ago.

message 14: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (new)

Pandy | 1575 comments Mod
I know JKR won, but the damages awarded were small ($6,750, I think). I'm not sure about the book being published. I didn't follow the case that much. Did RDR books file an appeal?

message 15: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (last edited Jun 07, 2009 11:25AM) (new)

Pandy | 1575 comments Mod
I was looking this up. The appeal was dropped in December 2008. The book that was released included more commentary, instead of just JKR's material.

From wikipedia:

"In December, 2008, a modified (and shorter) version of Vander Ark's Lexicon was approved for publication and was released January 16, 2009 as The Lexicon: An Unauthorized Guide to Harry Potter Fiction."

message 16: by Giuila (new)

Giuila (Fanpire) | 5 comments actually, a guy (called Norman G Lippert) wrote a VERY good sequel to the HP book.. well, actually they're 2 'books' (on-line) They'r about James' adventures in Hogwarts.. it's been approved by JKR, so it's GOOD!
They're called "James Potter and the Hall of Elders' crossing" and "James Potter and the Curse of the Gatekeeper" just type it into google.. :)

message 17: by Novin, whose favortie character is Sirius Black. (last edited Jun 24, 2009 10:56AM) (new)

Novin | 575 comments Mod
Yeah! I just wanted to mention the books (but i saw that you've done it before!), and that we are going to read them!! :D

message 18: by Sayyeda (new)

Sayyeda (literaryhues) | 99 comments TOTALLY! I want the next gen! :D I want to know which house Scorpius was sorted in, and if he has an attitude just like his father :P