Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Tell Me When (Lost in You, #1)
This topic is about Tell Me When
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Questions > Merging books

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stina (new) - added it

Stina Lindenblatt (stinalindenblatt) | 43 comments Help! I just discovered there are two versions of my book on Goodreads. Most of the reviews and ratings have gone to https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1... but some of them have gone to https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2.... Is it possible to merge them?

Thanks!

message 2: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments merge no, but combine, yes. done now.

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 2443 comments Combined the editions. The extra ebook edition is queued for deletion.

message 4: by Stina (new) - added it

Stina Lindenblatt (stinalindenblatt) | 43 comments Yay!! Thanks. There are some great reviews and I'd hate for them to get lost.

message 5: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments amanda, there is no extra ebook ed. they both have ISBNs. Let Me Know was also combined in by accident (by one of us, not sure who), so I've separated it. I don't know which ed you've queued for deletion, but i'll add it back once the del goes through.

message 6: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments ah. looks like it was Let Me Know that got deleted. adding it back now.

message 7: by Stina (new) - added it

Stina Lindenblatt (stinalindenblatt) | 43 comments I just noticed Let Me Know had suddenly become Tell Me When when I click on it in my author dashboard.

message 8: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments yep, that was a mistake. i'm fixing it now, but be aware that your author dashboard may look funny for 24-48 hours. be assured it WONT look wrong to other users.

message 9: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments here it is on its own again.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 10: by Stina (new) - added it

Stina Lindenblatt (stinalindenblatt) | 43 comments LOL I'll keep that in mind. And I'll make sure my publisher knows I put up Let Me Know so that they don't duplicate that.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

please help. I bought a book at the friends of library sale The Lost Queen by Norah Lofts printed by Double Day book club edition. Library of Congress Catalog Number 69-13645. copyright 1968, 1969 with 280 pages. The cover is the same as ISBN 0449221547. I was unable to add the book I have.

message 12: by Koenraad (new)

Koenraad (koenraadkelemen) | 5027 comments Tammy wrote: "please help. I bought a book at the friends of library sale The Lost Queen by Norah Lofts printed by Double Day book club edition. Library of Congress Catalog Number 69-13645. copyright 1968, 1969 ..."

Hi Tammy,
You effectively did add your edition to the database, only the cover image was missing. You can find it here. But when you add a new edition to the database, it is not automatically combined with the other editions, this has to be done manually by a librarian. I combined them now and I added the cover. In the future, when adding an edition, just request its combining in this group and a librarian will do so for you.

message 13: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42444 comments Mod
It gets confusing when a thread linked to a specific book or author is also used for other books. I am closing this thread. Start new ones for other books.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.