Start by marking “Tell Me When (Lost in You, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tell Me When (Lost in You, #1)

Tell Me When (Lost In You #1)

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  885 Ratings  ·  133 Reviews
Amber Scott should be enjoying life as a college freshman. She should be pursuing her dream of becoming a veterinarian. She should be working hard to make sense of her precalculus math class.

She shouldn’t be waking up her college roommate with screaming nightmares. She shouldn’t be flashing back, reliving the three weeks of hell she barely survived last year. And she defi
Published January 20th 2014 by Carina Press (first published December 3rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Tell Me When, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tell Me When

Stina Lindenblatt
Oct 11, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: na-books
For information on my new releases (and the blurb for Let Me Know when it is available), you can sign up for my newsletter here. You will also have a chance to win NA ebooks in my newletter giveaways.

Merged review:

wanted one math tutor

For information on new releases, you can sign up for my newsletter here.

Rachel Harris
An addictive, gripping journey of hope, healing, and finding forgiveness. I could not put this book down! Both characters were raw and authentic, and the chemistry between them was off the charts. Marcus Reid is the ultimate book boyfriend.
Mimi Valentine
Rating: 4.5 stars

Oh. My. WOW! I didn't even have this book on my radar until Krista lured me in with a very eye-catching shirtless GIF, and boy am I glad that she did! This story just blew me away in every means possible, just like the undiscovered gem that it is. (When it definitely deserves to be WELL KNOWN EVERYWHERE!) I am not exaggerating at all when I say that it is without a doubt one of the best NA debuts I've read during my very excessive NA binge.

And that's saying something.

After rea
Susan
May 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
TELL ME WHEN is a heart breaking and emotional story. Be prepared to do nothing else but read once you start this book! I was instantly caught up in Amber's life, all the while my heart was breaking for her. It is just amazing that she has survived everything that has happened in her life. I found myself wanting to run to her and just hug her and keep her safe. My heart was aching for all the pain she went through and was still trying to deal with.

I fell in love with Marcus over the course of TE
Medeia Sharif
Dec 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Amber is a wounded young woman. Starting her first year of college, she suffers from nightmares, flashbacks, and other signs of PTSD. She’s on the brink of failing her math class. Also, because of a horrific stalking incident that happened the previous year, she doesn’t want any men making moves on her, but they do anyway despite the way she hides behind clothes and friends.

That’s when Marcus steps in. He’s irresistible and his personal life consists of a string of one-night stands. He pursues A
Sherrie Petersen
Oct 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It's so much fun to see this book getting ready to hit the market, not only because Stina is a good friend, but also because I was one of the lucky ones to beta read it.

I love this story. Stina has crafted wonderful characters with emotional depth who pull us into their lives from page one. The dual POV allows us to see into the hearts of both characters, and the twists and turns of their stories kept me turning pages late into the night.

NA has become one of my favorite genres and books like thi
Anaïs
*** ARC received in exchange of an honest review ***

4.5 out of 5 Stars for this thoughtful and gripping story!

Amber Scott is a college freshman pursuing her dream of becoming a veterinarian. Yet, she struggles hard with maths... Marcus Reid is a notorious manwhore, and someone Amber knows not to get involved with, but he also studies engineering and seems like the best option for her to get back on track for her next math exam.

However, the more time they spend together, the more Marcus grows at
Brandi Kosiner (Brandi Breathes Books)
I decided to read Tell Me When because it was available on Netgalley in exchange for an honest review, and it caught my eye because I can't get enough New Adult and it sounded like a premise that I would enjoy.
If you are burnt out on NA, like I know some of my readers are, this may not be the book for you, but if, like me you are still craving and devouring, then I know that you will like this one.
Amber definitely has her own voice, and I was intrigued by her nightmares and the freak outs,
Maria Rose
Apr 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
In her debut novel, Stina Lindenblatt has taken on a topic that is both disturbing and emotionally fraught, that of a young woman who has experienced the ultimate in trauma at the hands of a stalker who has also murdered two of the most important people in her life - her brother and her boyfriend. Trying to put the pieces of her damaged life back together, she enrolls in college and meets Marcus, himself the product of an abusive home. These two scarred individuals see in each other kindred spir ...more
♔ Dee
Tell me when , is a story about a college girl named Amber who is struggling with her Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. We also get to meet Marcus who typically doesn't date but falls in love with her. They also share a common past. I give this book 3.5 stars!

Amber's past kept me entwined in her story, it was easy to empathize with her and what she had been through. Marcus was a likeable character and the way his POV was well written allowed me to feel that I could relate to him as well.

In this
Jan 16, 2014 rated it liked it
The Good:
- I liked that there was a deeper storyline than just bad boy accepts monogamy for the first time in his life.
- I liked that Amber's trauma wasn't just something in the past referred to in order to tell us that she was screwed up, but what happened to her was an active part of her life and the author shows us how it has affected her. Showing, not telling, is great.
- Writing and editing are great and very tight.
- Instant attraction (at least from Marcus) but not insta-love.

The Bad:
- I
Hannah (Broc's Bookcase)
Jul 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Wow, I have read books with serious topics before, but this one really tops it.

Such an addictive read that once ou start you wont be able to put it down.

I really liked Amber, she has been through a hell of a lot and though she still suffers she is an extremely strong person for trying to move on with her life and start living again. There were times when I just wanted to hug her.

Marcus, MMMMMMM, Marcus. I think I would totally start failing math just so I could get him to tutor me! But he is mor
Natalie Aguirre
Oct 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Contemporary romance is not my favorite genre. But I loved Stina’s book because I really connected with her characters, Amber and Marcus. Their back stories are complex and filled with pain and I really enjoyed seeing how they worked through the tragedies in their lives that’s been crippling them. That’s what makes this book great. And the romance is sweet. This is a real page turner that will pull at your heart.
Jessica
Jan 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult, reviewed
I've heard a lot of really positive buzz surrounding this book, so naturally I jumped at the chance to review it. I knew after reading the synopsis that this would be an emotional book with two very broken characters. I also like that the synopsis hinted at some suspense and intrigue!

We get both Amber and Marcus's POV's, which I am always fan of, as it always helps me connect with the characters on a deeper level. Both Amber and Marcus have painful pasts that still haunt them and in Amber's case
Geetanjali
Aug 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book was a total googly.I did not expect much going into the story as the blurb sounds like any other YA/NA romance read and the book cover is less than appealing.Damaged girl meets troubled boy and they fall in love.Nothing earth shattering or worth remembering other than for quick entertainment,right? Wrong.That'll teach me not to judge a book by its cover. ;)

I picked this up just so that I could read the second one in the series whose blurb caught my eye.I was prepared to like it but not
Jun 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.*

I'd give this a 3.5 stars...leaning more towards 4 than 3.

It's definitely a little more complex than your standard NA book. In addition to both main characters having their own tragic pasts to deal with, they also have more than a few obstacles that are complicating their lives in the present.

I loved that the first person POV (dual POV) created a nice conversational tone throughout the whole story. It did take a while for me to ge
Ramneek
Jul 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
'Tell Me When' was a really great read, at points it was quite dark and heart wrenching but those moments were very well balanced with the relationships in this story, both friendships and romance.

The book tells the story of Amber who has a very dark past and because of that she's built a wall and tries to keep as low of a profile as possible that is until Marcus comes along and slowly breaks down that wall. He too has his own demons but is it too dangerous for them to be together? He starts of
Kat
Oct 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book was quite the rollercoaster ride. It is more than just a love story. It’s beautiful and heartbreaking and sadly… to be continued. Don’t fret though people, it’s not a cliff-hanger! The story of Amber and Marcus is way too complex to be summed up in one book. So now I just sit here and eagerly await their ultimate happy ending and the ride Stina will take me on to get there.

Imagine living your life always thinking someone is watching you, following your every move. Panic attacks at the
Farida
This is a tale of two broken individuals helping each other become hole. Both Amber and Marcus have a traumatic past, so their trust level is already at an all time low. Amber keeps herself at a distance while Marcus uses aimless sex to cope. The characters are well developed, the flow is smooth and the connection is undeniable. It also helps that this was a dual POV. I especially loved reading Marcus' blunt, yet hilarious, POV. This has definitely gotten me out of the book slump I was under.

Vernieda
Jul 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

This book follows the familiar new adult angle of two broken people meeting and falling in love. I think it'll appeal to people who enjoyed Tammara Webber's Easy and want something along those lines.

I thought the portrayal of Amber's PTSD was very well-done. PTSD manifests in different ways -- because people are different -- but I find that its depiction is often flattened in fiction. Maybe because it's often used for angsty, dramatic effect without any idea of how it actually affects
Jan 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult
This review and others can be found on http://www.bookishtreasures.blogspot.com

Tell Me When tackles some difficult topics, topics that are also covered a surprising amount in New Adult contemporary romance novels. I felt that even though the subject matter is a little over used, Tell Me When did it in a way that was rawer, darker and more realistic and that made it feel fresh and unique.

Amber has had some really dark things occur in her past and as a result she is pretty messed up and is struggl
Liliana Diaconescu
Jul 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to read your book, here is my review.

"Tell me when" is one of the best books I recently read. Ms Lindeblatt handles the tough subject of abuse with an exquisite sensitivity " une sensibilité à fleur de peau" and at the same time creates memorable and totally real, credible characters.

I like very much how the author crafted a beautiful, touching story that binds love, trust, a true mastery of psychology and a thrill for a creepy mystery.

Both Amber and Marc
Kristin
Dec 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: new-adult
Tell Me When is an interesting new adult romance. You have your typical broken main characters who are trying to overcome their horrific pasts when they find comfort in each other. Their pasts come back to life to cause drama bombs in the story thus resulting in an unstable foundation. However, with that being said, this was an interesting read with new reasons on why the MC's are broken.

Amber suffers from PTSD due to something that recently happened to her. Little by little you get the story a
Alice Choo
Jul 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
AN ALMOST-5-STARS READ!!!

It's been quite a long while since I've stumbled across a good novel. Well, I guess it's about time! Better yet, I never expected the story to be this good(dont you love it when this happens). *i was also lucky enough to receive the last copy for an honest review*

Amber - our girl who frequently has nightmares and flashbacks from a terrible ordeal. She has been through a lot and really blames herself for other people who were also hurt.
Marcus - our sexy engineer who is a
Chrsitina Somerville
I received this book from the author in exchange for my honest review.

Wow this book was amazing. I could not put it down, it had me hooked right from the start. It is an emotional, heart-wrenching read. Both Amber and Marcus have lived through devastating pasts. They lean on each other to help them get through their pasts to move forward. The connection between Amber and Marcus was so amazing. You felt how much they needed each other and loved each other. Amber was such a strong character, for
Nikki
This is my first audio book. I really wasn't sure how that would go, but I had a three hour drive and was tired of listening to the same music so I added this to my mp3 player and off I went. It was fabulous! The narrators were great and I loved that there was a male voice for the male pov and same with the female.

The book itself was amazing. The story was heartbreaking and so sweet. The things Amber and Marcus had to endure in their lives were terrible and I felt for them. I was so happy to se
Kimberly Morris
Jul 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this was a very emotional read. This book is packed with heart shattering topics. This was a good book that held my attention well and the writing was good minus a few words here or there that missed editing but nothing major. The only thing that I found I didn't really like about it was the amount of....cant think of a word I want to use but the bottom line is it felt like maybe there was too much going on to feel real. Not just one of the characters had a heart shattering event, all of th ...more
Rumpled Sheets Blog
Oct 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review
Tell Me When is an engrossing, touching, raw and deeply emotional story.

I was hooked from the beginning. I really couldnt put it down.

This story you do more than like and love. You live it. You feel every single emotion.

Tell Me When is the story about healing, hope, trying to move forward, to find the strength inside to overcome and learn to live with the scars inside and outside.

Amber and Marcuss journey is gripping and will bring tears to the readers eyes when their hard pasts are revealed.

Loo
Jessica Figueroa
Jan 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, netgally
Wow, this was so not what I was expecting. So many NA books seem to have the same theme going on so I wasn't expecting much with a description like that. There is so much about this book to love from the story line, to the characters. I enjoyed seeing the characters develop as time went on. There was twists and turns. There was enough mystery to keep the readers guess, and suspense to what to know what happens next. I loved that no matter my assumptions I just kept getting it wrong, this book wa ...more
Devon Hernandez
Feb 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this NA book, one of the first few I've read. Some parts felt rushed, but overall pretty good. I could unfortunately identify with a lot of the PTSD Amber experienced with flashbacks and nightmares, and discomfort around men. Her character felt really "real" to me because of that. Marcus' habit of calling her "kitten," while explained, was slightly irritating and cheesy and humorous (it reminds me of my dad and his pet names for my mom lol), and I could see the Fem Nazis having a field d ...more
Turning Pages At ...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Tell Me When is on sale for a limited time! 2 12 Aug 23, 2014 01:03PM
Goodreads Librari...: Buy link not working 6 26 Jul 11, 2014 07:58AM
YA & NA Romance ♥: Read to Review: Tell Me When - CLOSED FOR SIGN UP 67 101 May 21, 2014 06:36PM
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Merging books 13 101 May 01, 2014 09:09AM
Goodreads Librari...: Add to series 3 15 Apr 08, 2014 04:41AM
  • Before You Break (Between Breaths, #2)
  • Scratch
  • How We Lived (Remembering Kyle, #1)
  • Wild Ones (The Lane, #1)
  • When Ravens Fall
  • Swimming to Tokyo
  • Dark Sacrifice (Dark Paradise #2)
  • Summer Fling
  • Falling for Her Soldier (Perfect Kisses, #3)
  • Only The Good Die Young
  • Imaginary Lines (New York Leopards, #3)
  • Last Call
  • Deeper (Caroline & West, #1)
  • Accidentally in Love with the Biker (Sex, Lies, and Science Geeks #1; Bourbon Brothers #1; What Happens in Vegas #13)
  • Picture Perfect
  • Double Fault (Vortex, #2)
  • Pieces of Olivia (Charleston Haven, #1)
  • Tessa Ever After (Reluctant Hearts, #2)
I’m a traditionally and indie published romance author. My traditional books are heavy on heart and emotion. My indie books are on the light and hilarious side of things. But either way, my stories are full of sexy times. I love to travel, and have lived in England, the US, Canada, and Finland. In my free time, I enjoy photography, especially the close-up variety.

VISIT MY AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE

https:/
More about Stina Lindenblatt

Lost In You (2 books)
  • Let Me Know (Lost in You, #2)