The Lost Challenges discussion

Breaking Point (I-Team, #5)
This topic is about Breaking Point
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives - BOM/Group Reads > Breaking Point-May Series Read

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer H (new) - added it

Jennifer H While investigating border violence in Ciudad Juárez, Mexico, Denver journalist Natalie Benoit is caught in a bloody ambush and taken captive. Alone in the hands of ruthless killers, she will need every ounce of courage she possesses to survive.

Betrayed by another operative, Deputy U.S. Marshal Zach McBride has endured a week of torture and interrogation at the hands of a bloodthirsty Mexican drug cartel. Ready to give his life if he must, he remains unbroken—until he hears the cries of an American woman.

Although Natalie is only a voice in the darkness of their shared prison, her plight brings renewed strength to Zach's battered body. With her help, he overpowers their captors, and they flee through the desert toward the border, the attraction between them flaring hotter than the Sonoran sun.

But past loss and tragedy leave both of them reluctant to follow their hearts, even when the passion between them reaches its breaking point. Faced with feelings neither expected, they fight to stay ahead of the danger that hunts them as forces more powerful than they can imagine conspire to destroy them both…(less)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments I already have the audiobook...and definitely think it will be better than the last book

Penni | 1287 comments Mod
I have this one also, on audio I believe. The only one my library has on audio for some reason. All the rest are ebooks.

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments Penni wrote: "I have this one also, on audio I believe. The only one my library has on audio for some reason. All the rest are ebooks."

are you going to read 5.5 after this one or straight to book 6?

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) I've got the e-book of this and will probably try to join in on discussion this time around. I also have books 5.5 and 5.9 in e-book and plan on reading them this month as well, before I dive into book 6 next month.

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments Trea wrote: "I've got the e-book of this and will probably try to join in on discussion this time around. I also have books 5.5 and 5.9 in e-book and plan on reading them this month as well, before I dive into..."

Bingo on thursday, if we get "5", then I will begin this one. I will let you know what the dice says

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments I am on chapter one since Bingo yesterday rolled a "5".
I just met Zach, yummmmmm!

I've got to figure out this bingo stuff you do.... I have no clue what you're talking about. :-)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments Penni wrote: "I've got to figure out this bingo stuff you do.... I have no clue what you're talking about. :-)"

So Paris rolls a dice: if it falls on 1, you have to read 1st in a series or a standalone book.
There is also an alternative shelf, like: Cover Blue or Author name "M".

We have a bingo board that goes up to 60, I think.

As of yesterday, My team is on Spot 35.
I must read a 3rd, 5th or 35th in a series.
alternative shelf: popular books (in listopia)

so I am reading The Ranger (Highland Guard, #3) by Monica McCarty and listening to Breaking Point (I-Team, #5) by Pamela Clare . Either one would work for me.

when she rolls again on Saturday, we can only move up to 6 spaces so I will be anywhere from 36-41.

does that help?
Check out my thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

I'll check it out - does she roll every day? That would be insane. I couldn't read enough to keep up with that game....

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments Penni wrote: "I'll check it out - does she roll every day? That would be insane. I couldn't read enough to keep up with that game...."

No way.

There is SS: one book a week, which rolls every Friday.
And SSS--which is 2 books a week. Roll on thurs & sunday

i am in in SSS. you could do both, but I am not. So i only have to read 2 books a week. I like this challenge so I can force myself to continue open series. It helps me read my FWYS--which this month mine is The Highland Guards by Monica McCarty(Books 3-8)
The Ranger (Highland Guard, #3) by Monica McCarty The Viper (Highland Guard, #4) by Monica McCarty The Saint (Highland Guard, #5) by Monica McCarty The Recruit (Highland Guard, #6) by Monica McCarty The Hunter (Highland Guard, #7) by Monica McCarty The Raider (Highland Guard, #8) by Monica McCarty

So I will likely read Viper next week since we will be in the 40s. (so I would have at least 2 of my FWYS books read).

message 12: by Ezinwanyi (last edited May 09, 2014 12:48PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments so far, it is starting off with a bang.
This one is a story against the mexican drug cartel.

I like Natalie already and i like Zach

I have the audio of this, but since I'm listening to BDB4 already, maybe I'll start this one on my kindle instead. Just finished Sins and Needles on Kindle.

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments Natalie is claustrophobic, huh? (view spoiler)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments Definitely my favorite I-Team. This one reads like the Bourne Movie.
Natalie is really likeable and strong. Zach is awesome

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) I just finished it, and I agree, it is my favorite I-Team book as well! Natalie came off as weaker than some of the other I-Team heroines, but was strong when she needed to be. Zach was an awesome hero and I loved his take charge attitude with the rest of the law enforcement I-Team heroes!

I'm only about 20% in, but it sure is action packed. Natalie has been very strong so far. It's definitely a page turner.

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments Hands down my favorite. Zach is yummy. These two aren't as damaged as the other H/h.

Nothing like imprisonment and escape as a way to begin a new relationship.

I want to know why the Zetas wanted Natalie. It's definitely personal. I want to know why she is supposed to be (view spoiler)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments Poor Tesa and Julian. That pregnant lady faked him out.

Alrighty. They're outof the desert. And I'm only a little more than 50% through the book. Guess the story is not over yet ....

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments Penni wrote: "Alrighty. They're outof the desert. And I'm only a little more than 50% through the book. Guess the story is not over yet ...."

No...but I liked the Indiana Jones/Bourne Legacy thing. 2 Americans evading the Zetas, plus nice sex to pass the time:D

I liked that she was more vocal than the last heroine.

I decided that I don't want my sons to marry investigative journalists, it's not a safe career.

Then I want to tell my single friends, if they want to marry an ex-veteran, they need to change their career's to journalism. Reporting on dangerous things brings those secret agents out of hiding

Ezi asked me on my review of this one how I liked it. And I realized that I hadn't commented here since I finished it late a night or two ago.

I enjoyed this one even more than the last one (and I know that the consensus was that most of you didn't like the last one, but I did). I would say I gave the last one 3 1/2-4 *'s and this one 4 1/2 *'s. This was intense in the action department and as usual show cased relevant issues. The characters were enjoyable and believable and I like the way things played out.

Natalie was sure a strong heroine and Zach was quite yummy.

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments I like Zach as much as I liked Darcangelo and Marc.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.