The Wide Web of Friends in YA Books discussion

Book Talks Part 1 > book dreamin .:D

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

a topic where we just collect everything that we hope for in the ya world.( ex, dreamin that blood of olympus came out tomorrow,that cassandra clare came to a signing in youre town)
me:
- that the norse rick riordan series came out next week.
- that sarah j maas came to norway

message 2: by Lissette (new)

Lissette (liss4ever) Richelle Mead's Silver Shadows came out sooner.
same goes for Michelle Hodkin's Retribution of Mara Dyer

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

that all books were free!!!!! :D ( stupid books always being riducusly expensive)

message 4: by Lissette (new)

Lissette (liss4ever) Ikr? Like we're not rich to have that kind of money.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Agreed! I want books to have published days that were never pushed back.
I want authors to come to my cities as often as musical artists do

message 6: by Lissette (new)

Lissette (liss4ever) Yup, same here. :)

message 7: by Cheyenne, The Musical One (new)

Cheyenne | 1425 comments Mod
Don't shoot me or kill me for saying this good thing you don't know where I live. Well in COHF I hope Jem dies knowing he not going to but still there's my hopes and dreams anyone else can live just not him.

message 8: by Veronica (last edited May 12, 2014 09:23AM) (new)

Veronica | 114 comments retribution of mara dyer and lair of dreams release tomorrow.
agree that books should be affordable.

message 9: by Veronica (new)

Veronica | 114 comments L'extravagance wrote: "Agreed! I want books to have published days that were never pushed back.
I want authors to come to my cities as often as musical artists do"

agreed.

message 10: by Lissette (new)

Lissette (liss4ever) @Veronica omg you're so lucky, it releases here in November.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

THAT BLOOD OF OLYMPUS, WINTER, AND CITY OF HEAVENLY ANGELS COULD COME OUT SOONER.

message 12: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) | 8842 comments Mod
that City of Heavenly Fire will be amazing! (which it will be anyway) ;)

message 13: by Lissette (new)

Lissette (liss4ever) It would be heaven if they all came out sooner.

message 14: by Lissette (new)

Lissette (liss4ever) yup it will :)

message 15: by Veronica (new)

Veronica | 114 comments Lissette wrote: "@Veronica omg you're so lucky, it releases here in November."

nov 4 is too long. wish that book really releases sooner.

message 16: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 08, 2014 12:56PM) (new)

I want more ya spy books.
And more "small myth" would be nice too. Like other than egypt,greek,roman,norse.
There could be ya books with japan myth,with indian myth,south american myths +++
Also, I really wish ya books would take up after tv shows. Thers tons of tv shows on arthurian myths,retellings of famous stories, tv shows on atlantis\el dorado+++ but few of these are in ya lit.
also it would be so nice if more film\tv writers made ya books too. they few who do write great books.( Mark frost, derek landy+++)

message 17: by Shelby (last edited Jul 11, 2014 01:00PM) (new)

Shelby | 33 comments I wish the next book in the Shapes of Autumn series by Veronica Blade would hurry and come out, I cant wait to read it. Also I wish Opposition would be out already.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I really wish for Stephanie perkins to write\ edit an anthology surroundiong american schools areound the world.I love her writing style, and books set in different places.It would just be a great anthology I think.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

That a ton of great ya authors got together and wrote an anthology named Witches & Wizards. (Cassandra clare could write about magnus bane, richelle mead could write about sydney, michelle krys could wrote a hexed short,+++)

message 20: by Rosie (new)

Rosie (rosie32) I wish Patrick Ness would write another book!! ^-^

message 21: by georgia (new)

georgia (goodreadscomgeorgia_hermione) I wish hardbacks were the same price as paperbacks

message 22: by Rosie (new)

Rosie (rosie32) Georgia wrote: "I wish hardbacks were the same price as paperbacks"

Same!!! ^-^

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

That before the end of the year,there would be a massive flood of juicy ya book adaptations news.(directors,cast,premiere+++).I mean theres about 100 books on the way to the big screen,surely there has to be some news of some sort soon.
Am espesially hoping for tmi tv news,frostbite news,old magic news,skulduggery plesant news.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

- That someone publishes a ya book(or series) where the main character is glbt,the second main character is non European,and a Third character is fluffy.
Aka a book that focuses on diverse characters,where the small characters are the non diverse ones not the other way around.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

More cool anthologies.
for ex:
- arthurian Anthology
- steampunk Anthology
- timetravell Anthology
- dragon Anthology
- a zombies vs unicorn thing, but off course with other Creatures.
- retelling anthology

The Wide Web of Friends in YA Books

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Opposition (other topics)