What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Wish, Come True
This topic is about Wish, Come True
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED: two kids find magic ring - make a wish nine times [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Gikas (vanessagikas) | 3 comments I believe this was a children's book or pre-teen age book - I read it in 2003 when I was in 5th grade but I believe it might be much older than 2003! (my teacher had some pretty outdated books)

I remember:
two kids (possibly a boy and a girl, brother and sister I believe) finding a ring. They discover it is a magic ring that they can make wishes on, but the wish only comes true if they repeat it nine times while rubbing the ring. Nine because 3 is a magic number and nine is 3 times 3, therefore supremely magic.

I remember the little girl discovered the magic number while wishing to be doll sized or really small. Then she plays in her dollhouse a bit.

Later the two kids are at some house near a body of water and wish that they could walk, see, and breathe under water. So they make this wish and are able to walk along the floor of the lake/sea/ocean - but they discover once they're under water that they forgot to wish that they could talk too, so they just blabber bubbles at each other.

And that's the furthest I got to read. Even though it's a book for a much younger crowd, I always wanted to finish it, as their little magic adventures were quite fun. Any hints or help, much appreciated! Thank you!

message 2: by Rafi (new)

Rafi Snowden | 101 comments do you remember any names?

message 3: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollylovesbooks) | 761 comments The part about a magic ring reminds me of Edith Nesbit's The Enchanted Castle. Let me see if I can find other kid's books with a magic ring :]

message 4: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollylovesbooks) | 761 comments I think I found it! Wish, Come True by Mary Q. Steele.

Someone was also looking for it here, so the person who found it has some good plot descriptions.

message 5: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Gikas (vanessagikas) | 3 comments Oh yeah, Wish, Come True, that's it! :D (Really original title, haha) Wow, I've been looking for it forever. Thanks so much! :)