What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Shell House
This topic is about The Shell House
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA/children's book set in past and present around a manor house, there is possibly an event or TV show going on at the house? SPOILER in one of the past bits there are two gay soldiers [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by tigerlily (new)

tigerlily (tigerlily933) | 9 comments This is a YA/children's book that I read about five years ago, as the title says it is set in the past and the present around a manor house. I think the protagonist is a teenage boy, and there is a girl that he is friends with who possibly has something to do with the house? There may be an event happening at the manor house which is why it is the focus of the novel, it could be filming for a TV show perhaps? But I might be making that part up.
The main thing I remember is that in one of the bits in the past, there is a war happening, maybe WW1, and there are two soldiers in love with each other.

Thank you in advance :)

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5006 comments Life: An Exploded Diagram Life An Exploded Diagram by Mal Peet , maybe? I'm not sure how much focus is on the manor, however.

Do you remember anything about the cover?

Trillian | 77 comments This sounds like it might be The Shell House by Linda Newbery

message 4: by tigerlily (new)

tigerlily (tigerlily933) | 9 comments Oh wow, I'm sorry to have just completely left this thread, but yes I think it is The Shell House, thank you so much Trillian! I will buy it and read it straight away to make sure, but thank you thank you thank you I've been looking for this for so long! Thank you Tab as well, I don't think it is Life: An Exploded Diagram, but that looks like a great book as well so now I think I will read that too.

message 5: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Tigerlily, be sure to come back and let us know if that IS your book so we can mark it solved and shelve it.

message 6: by tigerlily (new)

tigerlily (tigerlily933) | 9 comments Well I haven't read it yet but I have bought it and flipped through the pages and I'm 99.9% sure it is the right book, so it's fine to mark it as solved :) Thank you so much for helping!

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
Here's another thread where someone searched for that book. You can compare how well it matches up to your memories.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 8: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19035 comments The Shell House for the trackable link.