What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The New Adventures of the Mad Scientists' Club (Mad Scientists' Club, #2)
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Group of boys buy a submarine and fix it up [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shaun (new)

Shaun Hately (drednort) | 66 comments Kids book. Read this in the mid 1980s, guessing it was written sometime between the 1950s and the mid 1980s. I have the feeling it was American and set in America. The boys buy a small submarine - maybe a former war memorial that is being sold at auction - and try to fix it up. Cannot remember if they succeeded.

They may have tried to put a transparent nose cone of some sort on it. I have a feeling the cover showed this.

message 2: by Peter (new)

Peter Meilinger | 474 comments It's either The Mad Scientists' Club or The New Adventures of the Mad Scientists' Club by Bertrand Brinley.

I'm pretty sure it's from The New Adventures, but they're both great. Amazon tells me that Brinley also wrote too full-length books about the Club. I'll have to track them down.

message 3: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2074 comments Peter wrote: "It's either The Mad Scientists' Club or The New Adventures of the Mad Scientists' Club by Bertrand Brinley.

I'm pretty sure it's from The New Adventures, but they're b..."

I agree. Previous discussion of this book https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 4: by Shaun (new)

Shaun Hately (drednort) | 66 comments Thanks to both of you - I can confirm, it is 'The New Adventures of the Mad Scientists' Club' - one of the various covers is the one I remember.

New Adventures Of The Mad Scientists Club (Mad Scientists' Club #2) by Bertrand R. Brinley

message 5: by LauraW (new)

LauraW (lauralynnwalsh) | 374 comments You should move this to SOLVED.