Great Middle Grade Reads discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVES > The best book I read in NOVEMBER was...

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jemima (new)

Jemima Pett | 1350 comments Mod
Use this thread to tell us about books you read and enjoyed in November.

Please remember to use the 'add book' link so we can easily see more about the book you mention.

I read Julie Grasso's fourth Frankie Dupont, junior PI book Frankie Dupont And The High Seas Heist and thoroughly enjoyed it. I was on a bit of an MG review binge in November, since I also read Cupcakes vs. Brownies: Zimmah Chronicles Book 1, which is a bit rich with confectionery, but good fun for the age group, Keeper, the fourth in the Seed Savers series, which is for older MG and YA, and Tuck Everlasting which of course was our BOTM.

Hard to say which was the best book since they are all so different, but I suppose I'd pick Frankie Dupont for fun and Tuck Everlasting for depth.

message 2: by Madeline (new)

Madeline Reynolds | 43 comments I began reading Shatter Me towards the end of November and am still reading it now. I cannot express how much I LOVE reading this!!! I don't know if any of you have read it but it vividly describes the pain of a girl named Juliette as she is looked down on for her internal gift in a dystopian society in the future where humans fight to survive. While it is somewhat depressing, I just couldn't stop reading until the book was ripped from my hands two hours later. I'd recommend this to anyone who likes middle grade or YA dystopian novels and isn't afraid of some edge-of-your-seat suspense! :)

message 3: by Justine (new)

Justine Laismith (justinelaismith) | 304 comments I enjoyed The Middle of Nowhere The Middle of Nowhere by Geraldine McCaughrean , which is set in Australia.

message 4: by Lori (new)

Lori (loriadversario) | 33 comments My daughter (4th grade) will say Upside-Down Magic Upside-Down Magic (Upside-Down Magic, #1) by Sarah Mlynowski but mine was The Ghosts of Tupelo Landing The Ghosts of Tupelo Landing (Tupelo Landing, #2) by Sheila Turnage

message 5: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Douglass (rdouglass) | 1662 comments Mod
Justine, The Middle of Nowhere looks like something I want to read.

Lori--I really liked the Ghosts of Tupelo Landing too. I liked the first book--Three Times Lucky--even better.

message 6: by Jemima (new)

Jemima Pett | 1350 comments Mod
Yes I've just added Middle of Nowhere to my booklist, too. It looks really good.

message 7: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Douglass (rdouglass) | 1662 comments Mod
Oddly, though it's a prizewinner and the library has many of her other books, neither of the library systems I have access to has that book. Maybe I'll buy a copy and if it's good I'll donate it to the library.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.