What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > MG paperback, Alien from Donut shaped planet studying humour

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4839 comments Anything about the cover?
Part of a series?
Time period story takes place?
Location story takes place (city, suburbs, London, farm, etc)?

message 2: by Will (new)

Will Thompson | 7 comments I seem to remember it being brighly coloured that's all.
I think it was based in 1990's and I'm guessing suburbs but all of these may not be correct. not sue if UK or USA/Canada to be honest.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37536 comments Mod
Will, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 4: by Will (new)

Will Thompson | 7 comments No, never did find out, I've given up now.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

It never hurts to keep looking, and bump your thread every few months. You never know when someone might suddenly recognize your book.

But if you have zero interest in finding this now, we can move your thread to Abandoned. Let us know...

message 6: by Will (new)

Will Thompson | 7 comments I'll continue with this one as do really want to find it for my nephew thanks.

message 7: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 15692 comments Was the alien also a boy?

Did the alien appear human, or did it have specific alien traits, green skin, antenna, etc?

message 8: by Will (new)

Will Thompson | 7 comments I can't remember anything other than it definitely didn't look human

message 9: by Kris (last edited Dec 14, 2018 11:34AM) (new)

Kris | 32027 comments Mod
Will, how and where do the boy and alien meet? Can you describe what happens in the book - or the type of adventures they have? How does the boy teach the alien about Earth humor?

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Is there a reason you deleted your initial comment?

message 11: by Cailin (new)

Cailin Wolfe | 1 comments I recall reading a book with an alien matching this description in late primary school (maybe 24 years ago). If I recall correctly it involved a kid or two kids befriending and possibly helping the alien from the donut-shaped planet. Although the book was primarily text (a fairly short novel), I think there was even a black-and-white illustration of the planet at one point.

I recall that the kid had an Apple computer, because I'd never encountered one and when he said he had an "Apple" in his room I had no idea what to make of it. On that basis I also strongly suspect the book was set in the US, but but that's pure conjecture really.

I'm also pretty sure the alien was a bipedal hominid. Not sure if it was disguised as a human or not.

Wish I could help more – I wound up here because I'm also trying to find this book.