What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. YA Paranormal Suspense Book: Girl can talk to objects [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by You (new)

You | 3 comments I read this book perhaps in early 2000, maybe 2003.

I'm pretty sure it's a young adult book. I clearly remember the book cover. It was a beautiful two-story yellow country house. There was a white picket fence, brown (maybe) stairs leading to the door, and I believe I remember there being a dog. Might not exist. The sequel to the book is of the house completely destroyed. The house was empty, broken windows (maybe), and a painted in a depressing blue light.

The story is about a girl who can talk to objects. There was one scene in the book where she approaches a car, places her hand upon it and asks it to open the door so she can sleep inside. I think she was homeless. There was also another part of the book where she goes inside a restaurant and she expresses her gratitude to the dishware, if I remember correctly. I can't remember anything other than that. I know there was also a boy in the story, but I can barely remember his character. I think there was something wrong with the house, and she could feel the house was not happy. There was probably a murder and the house was trying to tell her something. She felt a lot of pain and fear and hurt when she placed her hands on the walls of the house.

Genre:Maybe it was a crime book? Not too sure. More than likely, this book was aimed for young adults.

Would greatly appreciate it if someone recognized this book. I've been trying to google and get some sort of hint, but alas, I couldn't find anything.

message 2: by ☆Eiko (new)

☆Eiko (sillytachi) | 7 comments This is funny! there's actually a series called Wonderfalls with Lee Pace and Caroline Dhavernas . the main character ( a girl) can suddenly hear and talk to random objects that make her do compulsive things and she ends up solving mysteries because of what the objects tell her. she doesn't actually have a conversation with them and they don't listen to her, but they definitely talk to her until she does what they tell her to do. her brother ends up finding out that she's talking to weird monkey toys, a cow salt shaker , a plastic lion and stuff like that. it came out in 2004, but it's still funny. good luck with finding your book!

message 3: by David (new)

David Brown (r2drivenimpala) | 70 comments ☆Eiko wrote: "This is funny! there's actually a series called Wonderfalls with Lee Pace and Caroline Dhavernas . the main character ( a girl) can suddenly hear and talk to random objects that make her do compuls..."

One of my favorite tv shows!

message 5: by You (new)

You | 3 comments Juels wrote: "Maybe A Red Heart of Memories and Past the Size of Dreaming by Nina Kiriki Hoffman?

A Red Heart of Memories (Red Heart of Memories, #1) by Nina Kiriki Hoffman [bookcover:Past the Size o..."

YES, YES, YES! YOU'RE THE BEST! :) This is the book I was looking for! Thank you! :)

message 6: by You (new)

You | 3 comments ☆Eiko wrote: "This is funny! there's actually a series called Wonderfalls with Lee Pace and Caroline Dhavernas . the main character ( a girl) can suddenly hear and talk to random objects that make her do compuls..."

Haha, I checked that out! It looks good! :)

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32271 comments Mod
Note: I shelved A Red Heart of Memories as "Adult Fiction-SOLVED" (not YA) based on its GR genre tags and Worldcat subjects. But I tagged it in our bookshelf as both Adult and YA fiction.

message 8: by Juels (new)

Juels | 2379 comments You're welcome.