2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

Read-a-thons > Third Read-a-Thon - Bedtime Book Tag

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura, Mod (last edited Dec 06, 2015 06:28PM) (new)

Laura | 599 comments Mod
This has been an amazing week and it's been great reading all of the answers to the different activities. I hope that we are able to plan a similar event in 2016 and I am really looking forward to the new challenge.

But as this read-a-thon comes to a close, it only seems appropriate to do some Bedtime Book Tag:

1. Name a book that kept you up all night reading.

2. Name a book that scared you so much you didn't want to sleep.

3. Name a book that bored you till you wanted to fall asleep.

4. Name a book that left you tossing and turning in anticipation for it's release.

5. Name a book that would be a dream to live in.

6. Name a book that would be a nightmare to live in.

7. Name a book monster/creature you would not want to find under your bed.

8. Name a book that reminds you of the night.

message 2: by Francesca (new)

Francesca | 391 comments 1. Name a book that kept you up all night reading.
Battle Royale

The Girl Next Door

I hereby apologise to everyone that I am no doubt about to offend, but the first half of To Kill a Mockingbird was a real struggle for me. I was so bored by it. The second half was much better though, and kept my interest.

4. Name a book that left you tossing and turning in anticipation for it's release.
Each of the Harry Potter books were torturous to wait for but most recently it was both of the Veronica Mars books.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire besides the whole horrible death thing, I'd get to go to Hogwarts, go to the Yule Ball, go to the Quidditch world cup, and hang out with all my favourites.

The Handmaid's Tale (HELL NO)

Edward Cullen

Blackout

message 3: by Jody (new)

Jody (jodybell) | 531 comments 1. Name a book that kept you up all night reading. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - I vividly remember staying up until 3am to finish it, even though it was almost 15 years ago!

2. Name a book that scared you so much you didn't want to sleep. It

3. Name a book that bored you till you wanted to fall asleep. The Scarlet Letter

4. Name a book that left you tossing and turning in anticipation for it's release. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - I was so desperate to know how it all ended!

5. Name a book that would be a dream to live in. 1000 Ultimate Sights - would be wonderful to see them all!

6. Name a book that would be a nightmare to live in. Yes, most definitely The Handmaid's Tale.

7. Name a book monster/creature you would not want to find under your bed. The clown from It. Sweet Jesus no.

8. Name a book that reminds you of the night. All of the Sookie Stackhouse books.

message 4: by Zaz, Mood Minion (new)

Zaz | 1387 comments Mod
1. Name a book that kept you up all night reading.
No "all night reading" but sometimes I continue to read late, so maybe Divergent.

Never happened.

A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2) was perfect for this, one chapter and I was already napping.

Les Disparus du Clairdelune, bought and read shortly after the release!

Black Feathers, in the chapters dedicated to the future.

Uglies

Joffrey from A Song of Ice and Fire.

A Monster Calls

message 5: by Francesca (new)

Francesca | 391 comments Zaz wrote: "1. Name a book that kept you up all night reading.
No "all night reading" but sometimes I continue to read late, so maybe Divergent.

2. Name a book that scared you so much you didn..."

I'm another one that doesn't do 'all night reading' I was just trying to think of what book probably kept me up the latest. I love reading but I also love sleep!