What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Keeper of the Isis Light (Isis, #1)
This topic is about The Keeper of the Isis Light
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. book about a genetically modified teenage girl in a post apocalyptic world [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Natalie (last edited Dec 04, 2015 07:16PM) (new)

Natalie Shimonek | 3 comments Looking for a book I read in the early 80s when I was a teenager about a genetically modified teenage girl in a post apocalyptic world. Because of her modifications, she is able to live outside the domes while everyone else has to live inside the domes. She has very little memory of her past. The terrain is rocky and hot outside. She meets a boy inside a dome and begins to have feelings for him. Her father is some kind of scientist who performed the modifications on her. She is lonely in her world, unable to communicate with the others in the domes. The cover of the book shows the back of a tanned white girl with long hair standing on a rock looking at a domed city, I think.

message 2: by Sherry (new)

Sherry | 80 comments Was it Razor Girl by Marianne Mancusi?

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35166 comments Mod
Link for Sherry's suggestion - Razor Girl by Mari Mancusi.

message 4: by Liralen (new)

Liralen | 712 comments Razor Girl sounds likely, but if that's not it, perhaps The Keeper of the Isis Light?

message 5: by Bec (new)

Bec (_becandbooks) | 1 comments Also sounds vaguely like Origin

message 6: by oliviasbooks (last edited Dec 08, 2015 05:32AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

oliviasbooks | 191 comments I second "Keeper of the Isis Light". The time frame (80s) fits too.

message 7: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Shimonek | 3 comments I think it is "Keeper of the Isis Light"! Going to the library today to find out. Sorry that my description was a little off, but you all are so amazing to figure it out! I will confirm it here if it is the right book, which i think it is. Thank you!

message 8: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Shimonek | 3 comments The above cover is the one published here in the USA. The one I remembered was the original British cover. Thank you for helping me, especialy Liralen and oliviasbooks. Though I definitely want to read Razor Girl and Origin, too. Thanks.

message 9: by Liralen (new)

Liralen | 712 comments You're welcome! I'm glad you found it.