The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3) The Titan's Curse question

Is this better than the 3rd Harry Potter book?
Jaskson56 Jaskson56 Dec 04, 2015 02:36PM
I think yes and no. Yes because it gets your mind racing and no because Harry Potter had more action. But they did have an equal amount of good and ok scenes.

No way. I'm sorry but the third Harry Potter book is my favourite of the series and one of my favourite books of all time. While I do love Percy Jackson, I agree with what the others have said. The Prisoner of Azakaban is special, even amongst the Harry Potter books. It's the first book with a more serious, grown up tone. It has a real fear factor with the inclusion of the Dementors. It also, funnily enough, is the only Harry Potter book where Voldemort isn' the main antagonist.
The time turner twist is also another
feature that again is never seen in a Harry Potter book. I really REALLY love this book and while Percy Jackson is funny and a good read, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is a truly great one.

Though I absolutely love Percy Jackson, and the fact that the Titan's Curse definitely had more comedy that was amazing, I am going to have to go with Prisoner of Azkaban just because of the the intricate plot and rich storytelling.

Ruby (last edited Dec 04, 2015 05:05PM ) Dec 04, 2015 05:04PM   0 votes
I think Harry Potter three had more twists and more character development- and it felt more unified with the rest of the series. I like each, but HP's my favorite because I think it's richer- worldbuildng/characterwise. But I think at times Percy Jackson is great for a short/ entertaining read. And this one is my favorite in the series.

Pjo all the way! Harry Potter is a bunch of myths and legends smashe d together with no logical setup. Rick Riordan actually separates the myths into their own series, occasionally writing crossovers that are logical and make sense. Plus, the books were written to make kids that felt left out or bullied feel better and to realize their full potential and that they can really make a difference in the world. Rick Riordan wrote the originally for a bedtime story for his ADHD and dyslexic son. Look it up on his website. Harry Potter was created by a drunk lady who was broke.

Aside from that, I noticed it was brought up that the PJO series was slower than many others. Other series that Rick Riordan has written were quite fast paced. The Kane Chronicles never stopped the action and I noticed the same thing with the Heroes of Olympus. Magnus Chase started off kind of slow, but then the pace quickened.