2016 Choose Your Own Challenge Challenge discussion

Prompt Discussions > A book that you've seen the movie but haven't read

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tara (new)

Tara Bates | 195 comments Mod
I think this will be a bit of a challenge for me, I tend to wait to watch movies after I've read the book. I'm thinking I may be able to do a rom com or something like that that I didn't necessarily know was a book. I Don't Know Hpw She Does It (Sarah Jessica Parker) was a book I think.

message 2: by Charline (new)

Charline (charline84) | 80 comments I really like this prompt it gives me the chance to read The Silver Linings Playbook I liked the film, so I hope the book is even better.

message 3: by Tara (new)

Tara Bates | 195 comments Mod
Ooh I haven't read that either! I forgot about that one, that's why I wanted to make this group!

message 4: by Katherine (last edited Dec 03, 2015 02:50PM) (new)

Katherine (kiik) The Silver Linings Playbook is waaayy better than the movie. In my opinion. I also read the book first, though, and they made a lot of unnecessary changes in the movie, so I was mostly disappointed by that.

message 5: by Charline (new)

Charline (charline84) | 80 comments I know Tara, I'm getting so many ideas from everyone else's lists. My TBR list is growing by the day. I don't know when I'm going to fit them all in!

I have Wonder Boys in my TBR list which could have fitted in this prompt too, but film wise I preferred Silver Linings Playbook. And after what Katherine says I definitively want to give it a read. Though I suppose it could also fit the mental illness prompt.

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Since I'm doing this one and my other Goodreads 2016 A Round The Year in 52 Books I'm doing 2 different books, for this one I'm reading Lair of the White Worm by Bram Stoker( movie came out in 1988) and for the other one A Round The Year in 52 Books I'm picking up King Solomon's Mines by H. Rider Haggard ( the original movie came out in 1950) hey what can I say I love really old movies that came out in the 20s,30s,40s,50s, and 60s, and I'm only 38 .

message 7: by Jill (new)

Jill Tool | 30 comments There's a lot of books that could fit this category. I just found out that an old movie that I liked I can get it for my Kindle. It's Coffee, Tea or Me? I didn't know there was a book out.

Elizabeth, I like to watch the same era of movies as well. This one is in one of the era's as well.

message 8: by Emily (new)

Emily Wrayburn (emilywrayburn) Wow, I had no idea that The Lair of the White Worm was a book. I hope it's better than the terrible movie (which I only watched because Peter Capaldi was in it and I am still not sure what the plot actually was).