2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

Read-a-thons > Third Read-a-Thon - Chocolate Book Tag

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle, Mod Assistant (new)

Michelle (girlvsbook) | 403 comments Mod
Chocolate Book Tag

Dark Chocolate - Name a book that explores a dark topic.

White Chocolate - Name a book that is light-hearted and humorous.

Milk Chocolate - Name a popular book that you're dying to read.

Chocolate with a Caramel Center - Name a book that made you feel all gooey inside.

Chocolate with Nuts - Name a book with an ending that drove you crazy. (Note: Don't forget spoiler tags if you're going to tell us how it ends!)

Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows - Name a book that is an ultimate comfort read for you.

message 2: by Jody (last edited Dec 03, 2015 03:16AM) (new)

Jody (jodybell) | 531 comments Dark Chocolate - Name a book that explores a dark topic. Darkness Visible: A Memoir of Madness

White Chocolate - Name a book that is light-hearted and humorous. Me Talk Pretty One Day

Milk Chocolate - Name a popular book that you're dying to read. The Name of the Wind - it has never been on my radar until this year, but everyone in this group seems to talk about how amazing it is!

Chocolate with a Caramel Center - Name a book that made you feel all gooey inside. Charlotte's Web

Chocolate with Nuts - Name a book with an ending that drove you crazy. The Amber Spyglass (view spoiler)

Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows - Name a book that is an ultimate comfort read for you. Harry Potter Boxset - it doesn't matter which one, they are like my comfiest pair of PJs.

message 3: by Sam (new)

Sam (sammihayley) | 1 comments Dark Chocolate - Name a book that explores a dark topic- Sharp Objects

White Chocolate - Name a book that is light-hearted and humorous- The Gates

Milk Chocolate - Name a popular book that you're dying to read- I'll Give You the Sun

Chocolate with a Caramel Center - Name a book that made you feel all gooey inside- A Walk To Remember

Chocolate with Nuts - Name a book with an ending that drove you crazy. (Note: Don't forget spoiler tags if you're going to tell us how it ends!)- The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas

Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows - Name a book that is an ultimate comfort read for you- Random Acts of Heroic Love

message 4: by Marina H (new)

Marina H | 272 comments Dark Chocolate - Name a book that explores a dark topic You Disappear

White Chocolate - Name a book that is light-hearted and humorous The Rosie Project

Milk Chocolate - Name a popular book that you're dying to read All the Light We Cannot See

Chocolate with a Caramel Center - Name a book that made you feel all gooey inside A Man Called Ove

Chocolate with Nuts - Name a book with an ending that drove you crazy Solstorm

Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows - Name a book that is an ultimate comfort read for you I don't have one specific, but I really like Marian Keyes' books when I need a bit of cheering up.

message 5: by E.A. (last edited Dec 03, 2015 05:53AM) (new)

E.A. | 11 comments Dark Chocolate: - Name a book that explores a dark topic.
The Catcher in the Rye

White Chocolate: - Name a book that is light-hearted and humorous.
Fairy Bad Day

Milk Chocolate: - Name a popular book that you're dying to read.
Red Queen

Chocolate with a Caramel Center: - Name a book that made you feel all gooey inside.
My Love Story!!, Vol. 1; this manga just oozes cute and sweetness.. I'm giggling just thinging about it.

Chocolate with Nuts: - Name a book with an ending that drove you crazy. (Note: Don't forget spoiler tags if you're going to tell us how it ends!)
There has been a few, but the one that got me the most was Candidate by Rachel E. Carter.... I was so miffed and baffled I kept trying to swipe left on my phone, convinced that there was another chapter. Ugh.... I'm getting worked up just thinking about it!!

Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows: - Name a book that is an ultimate comfort read for you
This one is easy, Pride and Prejudice

message 6: by Luisa (new)

Luisa (deborahluisa) Dark Chocolate - Name a book that explores a dark topic.
Dark Places

The Boy Next Door

Red Queen

Chocolate with a Caramel Center - Name a book that made you feel all gooey inside.
A Little Princess

Chocolate with Nuts - Name a book with an ending that drove you crazy. (Note: Don't forget spoiler tags if you're going to tell us how it ends!)
Allegiant and The Death Cure

Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows - Name a book that is an ultimate comfort read for you.
The Golden Compass

message 7: by Francesca (new)

Francesca | 391 comments Dark Chocolate - Name a book that explores a dark topic.
The Girl Next Door (Can't get much darker)

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?

Cinder (Really excited to start this series next year)

The Color Purple

The Handmaid's Tale

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Any of the Harry Potter books fit this one but GOF was always my favourite)

message 8: by Zaz, Mood Minion (new)

Zaz | 1387 comments Mod
The Drawing of the Three (drugs and schizophrenia)

Unusual Chickens for the Exceptional Poultry Farmer

The Knife of Never Letting Go (not excited at all about my popular books, but I'm excited for this one because of the author)

Hana-Kimi, Vol. 2 (and the rest of the series, I'm more connected with manga than books)

Genesis (drove me crazy in the good way!)

Hollow World

message 9: by Marta (last edited Dec 03, 2015 04:05PM) (new)

Marta (gezemice) Dark Chocolate - Name a book that explores a dark topic.
Beloved. Very rough.

Pyramids, Fangirl

The Name of the Wind

Not sure - I don't think I read many gooey books. Perhaps Where the Wild Things Are

Chocolate with Nuts - Name a book with an ending that drove you crazy.
The Road. Made me feel like, what was the point????

Hmm I rarely go back to books... except for Harry Potter , of course. :) Oh, and any Discworld books.

Francesca, Goblet of Fire is my favorite, too!

message 10: by Michelle, Mod Assistant (last edited Dec 03, 2015 05:18PM) (new)

Michelle (girlvsbook) | 403 comments Mod
Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews (incest & child abuse/neglect)

The Princess Bride by William Goldman

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

Chocolate with Nuts - Name a book with an ending that drove you crazy.
The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey

The Help by Kathryn Stockett - Seriously, I love this book so much.

message 11: by Biblio (new)

Biblio Curious (bibliocurious) Dark Chocolate - Go Ask Alice

White Chocolate - Anne of Green Gables

Milk Chocolate - Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage

Chocolate with a Caramel Center - 1Q84 (It's a book with high squish factor. 1600 pages of addictive suck you back in, page-turning break neck pace and crazy good word choice descriptions. Best part, you happily read through 1600 pages, just waiting for a special something to happen. The ending is just how it should be, no let downs here.)

Chocolate with Nuts - Snow Flower and the Secret Fan After 4 chapters, I threw the book across the room and refused to read another word. Months later, I HAD to pick it back up. 1st sentence of chapter 5, the author justified herself. She made the right choice. The rest of the book got better and better.

Or, A Thousand Splendid Suns Crazy in a good way.

Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows - The Neverending Story Can read any chapter and come away with tonnes of ideas for writing another story. Or just enjoy Mr.Ende's craftsmanship of words and letters.

message 12: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (mich2689) | 122 comments Dark Chocolate - Name a book that explores a dark topic.
The Center Cannot Hold: My Journey Through Madness

Crazy Rich Asians

Gosh there are so many, but I'm going to go with The Wise Man's Fear

hmm this is hard. I'm stumped. Maybe I don't read gooey books. If I can think of any, I'll come back and edit this.

The Piano Tuner ugh now i'm reminded of how frustrated I was at the end.

Harry Potter Boxset

message 13: by Ana A (new)

Ana A (anabana_a) | 414 comments Dark Chocolate - The Young Elites by Marie Lu

White Chocolate - The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs by Jon Scieszka

Milk Chocolate - Carry On by Rainbow Rowell

Chocolate with a Caramel Center - Dear Mr. Henshaw by Beverly Cleary

Chocolate with Nuts - Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows - The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry