Reader's Paradise discussion

All about you > Which is that One book you would read numerous times?

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

For me it has to be Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird.

message 2: by Sohel (new)

Sohel Alam | 38 comments

The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand

message 3: by Sohel (new)

Sohel Alam | 38 comments

Go Set a Watchman has been nominated by Goodreads as this year's best in Fiction

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Ayn Rand always...

message 5: by Manasa (new)

Manasa (manasa_sharma) Niloufer wrote: "For me it has to be Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird."
Me too :))

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

The God of Small Things, I guess. Amazing book. I'm thinking of a re-read.

message 8: by Jarvis , High Functioning Sociopath B-) (new)

Jarvis  | 2591 comments Mod
Harry potter series :')

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Harry Potter too :) & the God of Small things...as well... think I'd be re-reading all of these

message 10: by Madhu (new)

Madhu (Madhu LovesBooks) (madhu_lovesbooks) | 33 comments Harry Potter,hands down..

message 11: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Palliveettil (jenyalphinegeorge) | 638 comments Mod
GOD OF SMALL THINGS!!!!! *Double Thumbs up*

~☆~Autumn♥♥☔ Penmarric

message 13: by Janhavi (new)

Janhavi The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I have to read this next... didn't like the movie though.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Penmarric I just searched on Google... historical sounds interesting...thanks everyone

message 16: by Vera (new)

Vera Baetas | 33 comments Harry Potter all the time

message 17: by Naura (new)

Naura You bet! The HP series over and over and over again! :D

message 18: by Diptarup (new)

Diptarup Ghosh Dastidar | 83 comments There are so many... I'll go for Alice in Wonderland

message 19: by Jarvis , High Functioning Sociopath B-) (new)

Harry potter is winning :D

message 20: by Felicia (new)

Felicia | 1 comments Invisible Man

message 21: by Naima (new)

Naima (femmearabe) Dare Me is so gorgeous that I could read it fifty times and still find something new to notice!

message 22: by Shelby (new)

Shelby | 7 comments Mine is between Veronica Blade's Something Witchy This Way Comes and R.L. Mathewson's Playing for Keeps. I just love them both and they're great books.

message 23: by Nili (new)

Nili | 1 comments pride and prejudice :)

message 24: by Manasa (new)

Manasa (manasa_sharma) Niloo wrote: "pride and prejudice :)"

ohhhh yesss !! :)

message 25: by Ada (new)

Ada Cerma | 4 comments The Shadow of the wind

message 26: by Evie (new)

Evie Avanzi (EvieReadsBooks) | 2 comments The 'Gone' books are fantastic!

message 27: by Marie (new)

Marie | 3 comments Me before you ...Oh my god ...

message 28: by Nadeen (new)

Nadeen Elhadad (nazeen_5) | 5 comments Divergent\o/

message 29: by Leah (new)

Leah Tilson (hippieleah) | 1 comments Archer's Voice *_*

message 30: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 3 comments The Mists of Avalon

message 31: by Princess (new)

Princess April | 5 comments Precious Gifts by Danielle Steel.

message 32: by Shaye (new)

Shaye (shaye20) | 8 comments Unleashed by Tempest C. Avery

message 33: by Jarvis , High Functioning Sociopath B-) (new)

Marie wrote: "Me before you ...Oh my god ..."

Love this one!!

message 34: by Hesamul (new)

Hesamul Haque (hesamulhaque) | 10 comments Steve Jobs... Already read twice!

message 35: by Kushal (new)

Kushal Gorti (piezoradeon) | 114 comments The alchemist by Paolo Coelho!
Hard boiled wonderland and the end of the world by Haruki Murakami! And eragon by Christopher paolini!

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

it's The Brothers Karamazov by Dostoevsky.

message 37: by Shweta (new)

Shweta Dubey | 1 comments Gone with the wind by Margaret Mitchell

message 38: by Varoon (new)

Varoon (alonedirewolf) | 4 comments It's tough to decide between Harry Potter and Inheritance Cycle (except the 4th book).

message 39: by Rajashree (new)

Rajashree (shreek) | 1 comments Mine is undoubtedly Harry Potter series.. Already reas the whole series thrice... And still would love to go for it again and again

Michaela (Journey into Books) Mine would be the Harry Potter series or any of Jane Austen's books

message 41: by Danielle's Books (last edited Apr 09, 2016 06:15AM) (new)

Danielle's Books (daniellesbooks) The Iron Fey series ( not the spin off)! I have read the series sooooooooo many times! Their spines are even worn-out from the many times they've been opened!

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Yayati, Amrutvel, To kill a mockingbird

message 43: by Lars Martin (new)

Lars Martin (lmborlaug) I'm not one for rereading books, but it has happened. I've read Papillon by Henri Cherrière at least twice. I've also read The Lord of the Rings Twice. Lately I've had the urge for rereading A Wild Sheep Chase by Haruki Murakami. The same goes for some Ernest Hemingway novels; I love A Moveable Feast and The Sun Also Rises. Oh lets not forget A Farewell to Arms.

And what about Scott F. Fitzgerald? Who can forget The Great Gatsby? “It eluded us then, but that’s no matter—tomorrow we will run faster, stretch our arms further . . . And one fine morning—

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past.”

There are a lot of great books that deserves a reread. The problem is that there are even more books that deserve a first read. But I doubt there's a book out there that will top The Great Gatsby for me. So maybe I should pick it up again.

message 44: by विकास (new)

विकास नैनवाल | 151 comments If i really like a book i like to re-read it. These are the ones that i have read more than once:
Complete Harry Potter series
The English Teacher by R K Narayan
Gunahon ka devta - Dharmveer Bharti
Misery -Stephen King
Cujo - Stephen King
Salem's Lot - Stephen King

message 45: by Gorab (new)

Gorab (itsgorab) | 3110 comments Interesting. I'll steal Yayati and some of Stephen King's from this thread :)

message 46: by Levi (new)

Levi Underhill | 5 comments I've seen so many posts like this. Really for me, I just found it smart to create a spreadsheet of all the books I've read and a short summary. Most of these books I purchased online so I have an okay Idea as to how many people actually recommended these books as well.

1. Look Again by Lisa Scottoline : http://amzn.to/1YXBNax

This book portrayed a mother's love regardless of how you became a parent. Not only that, it had you asking yourself, would you, could you, make that call? There is a real emotional pull between doing what is right and NEVER wanting to give away your own child. I think that the way she goes about finding out the truth is a very real look at not wanting to show all your cards until you absolutely have to.

2. 15th Affair by James Patterson : http://amzn.to/1YXCbWk

I love reading James Patterson's book; but I especially love and enjoy the Woman's Murder Club series. A cop, a medical examiner, a reporter and a prosecutor make up the club, and when they get together, look out! This book was special. Can Boxer trust her husband. He was missing for over a week, and Boxer finds out he has lied to her. I don't want to reveal too much, but this book kept me turning pages all day. Yep, I could not stop reading it and read it one day. I highly recommend it.

3. The City of Mirrors: A Novel by Justin Cronin : http://amzn.to/1YXBUmk

Really loved this trilogy - will make an excellent film if they ever get around to making it!!! I only wish I had been able to read these books consecutively without waiting for a few years between each one. It was a little difficult to catch up on things and remember where the story I had left off. Although, I will say this one was easier to jump into than the leap from the first book to the second.

4. The Last Mile (Amos Decker series) by David Baldacci : http://amzn.to/1XvtROM

The Last Mile refers to the last journey a Death Row inmate walks as he or she heads toward his/her execution (even if it is only 30 to 50 yards or so). In this novel, the author begins his story with Melvin Mars, a convicted murderer on the Texas death row, just hours before his execution. Spared by a confession by an individual awaiting execution in Alabama, Melvin's case attracts the attention of Amos Decker, the Memory Man, traveling to his new job with an FBI Task Force?

5. Extreme Prey by John Sandford : http://amzn.to/1YXCdxH

I've read everything this guy has written. Some I like more than others but he has never failed to disappoint me! These books are the reason I think I'd like Minnesota..... I'm especially fond of the books featuring Lucas Davenport. If you are looking for an absorbing read, then look no further. This one is perfect for the plane! I started it on the flight out to NYC and finished it on the return flight home. Enjoy!

That's My Contribution. :)

message 47: by Jason (new)

Jason Hubbard | 29 comments Um, my own books cuz I gotta edit them! Beyond that, I have read Stephen King's "The Stand" plus "Jurassic Park" two times. But that was ages ago, before I got a Kindle!

message 48: by Sanketh (new)

Sanketh | 6 comments hello friends. recently i visited a blog which has many MINI SHORT STORIES. max 100 words and DEFINITE TWIST IN END.

AMAZING STORIES.

https://minitalesblog.wordpress.com/