IGGPPC : Iggle BookWorms discussion

Iggle Reading Challenges > December 2015 Challenge

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelletheresa) | 228 comments IT'S AMLOST CHRISTMAS!!! YAY!!! Who else is excited?!?!

The theme for December is not Christmas but Time Travel! So you can probably guess the challenge for this month-- Read a book that is all wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey!! There may be an extra perk for those who can find a time travel book that is centred around Christmas that isn't A Christmas Carol (I'm not sure what the perk will be yet, I'm still thinking about it)

Here is a list of popular time travel books to help you out- https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/...

And as always here are your rules!!

Rules are:
-It has to be a new book for you, one you haven't read before
-It must be different than our other book picks, so it can't be the same main, comic book, manga or series we are reading that month
-You have to read it within that month to get the achievement.
-Check in with us once you've read your book, you can do that here, on twitter, the IGGPPC forums or our Instagram page, I love seeing covers so take a picture and share with us!

Don't forget to message me once you've completed this challenge for the achievement code

Have fun everyone and let me know if you have any questions!!

(PS- Any messages I have for Novembers codes will be answered later today!)

message 2: by Marie (new)

Marie | 38 comments Michelle, I am about 50 pages into Dragonfly in Amber. Would you allow that even though I technically started it in November?

message 3: by Marie (new)

Marie | 38 comments Could I read Miss Perrigren's Home For Peculiar Children?" I was not in the club yet when that was book of the month. I have never read it

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (eris_discord42) | 35 comments Does it count if I am already in the middle of the book? I started Outlander and misplaced it forever. Just found it a few days ago.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer According to Goodreads Miss Peregrine is a time travel book. I'm planning to read that if I have time.

If not, I'll read the All you need is Kill manga, as I've already read the book.

I would really recommed Hyperion but it's not a quick or easy read. But it's worth it.

Replay is also a brilliant book.

message 6: by Katie (new)

Katie (GeekGirl01) Would A Christmas Carol Actually Count cause am doing It In English? If not then I can not Complete this Comp

Kendall • thegeekyyogi (thegeekyyogi) | 74 comments Would it count for the Christmas perk if it takes place in a town called Christmas? I mean technically it is centered around Christmas, tee hee.

message 8: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (victorianlibrarian) | 15 comments I'll be reading Madeleine L'Engle's A Wrinkle in Time - can't believe I've never read it!

message 9: by Bree (new)

Bree (colibree) | 63 comments I've had a copy of The Time Machine for a while that I've yet to read. This is perfect :D So excited!

message 10: by Fay (new)

Fay Roberts I'm going for Home in Time for Christmas. Looks just right for this time of year :-)

message 11: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samanyaaron) | 146 comments Im going to read The Time Traveler's Wife

message 12: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelletheresa) | 228 comments Marie wrote: "Michelle, I am about 50 pages into Dragonfly in Amber. Would you allow that even though I technically started it in November?"

HI Marie! You can read either book! Dragon Fly in Amber (I'll allow it because you're 50 pages in) or Miss Peregrine's (You can read a old monthly book as long as its new for you, you just can't use the current book for the challenge)

message 13: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelletheresa) | 228 comments Melissa wrote: "Does it count if I am already in the middle of the book? I started Outlander and misplaced it forever. Just found it a few days ago."

Hmmm... I'll allow that because I have a place in my heart for Jamie Fraser ;) Plus its a pretty long book.

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelletheresa) | 228 comments Katie wrote: "Would A Christmas Carol Actually Count cause am doing It In English? If not then I can not Complete this Comp"

Nope, sorry. No Christmas Carol. It's too easy of an option. :)

message 15: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelletheresa) | 228 comments Kendall wrote: "Would it count for the Christmas perk if it takes place in a town called Christmas? I mean technically it is centered around Christmas, tee hee."

Ha ha! Which book, Kendall?

Kendall • thegeekyyogi (thegeekyyogi) | 74 comments Michelle wrote: "Kendall wrote: "Would it count for the Christmas perk if it takes place in a town called Christmas? I mean technically it is centered around Christmas, tee hee."

Ha ha! Which book, Kendall?"

Doctor Who: Tales of Trenzalore: The Eleventh Doctor's Last Stand It's timey wimey AND takes place in a town called Christmas.

message 17: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (eris_discord42) | 35 comments Michelle wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Does it count if I am already in the middle of the book? I started Outlander and misplaced it forever. Just found it a few days ago."

Hmmm... I'll allow that because I have a place..."

I'm not even 1/4 of the way through but I'm already in love with Jamie : )

message 18: by SomeHoosier (new)

SomeHoosier Read H.G. Wells' "The Time Machine"! I somehow managed to get through all of my schooling years and well into adulthood without reading it. It was interesting to see the foundations of the subgenre take shape. (Also, first book read for Iggle BookWorms. w00t w00t!)

message 19: by Kate (new)

Kate C | 65 comments Mod
Read A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court for this. It was alright, I don't know if I just wasn't in the right mood but I found it hard reading. The idea was great, it iust went on a little too long for me.

message 20: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (victorianlibrarian) | 15 comments I finished Madeleine L'Engle's A Wrinkle in Time and loved it! It's really surprising that I didn't come across this years ago, but it was wonderful and after Christmas I'll be looking for the rest of the series.

message 21: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer I forgot to update! I read Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children.

It was nothing like I was expecting, but I was happily surprised. I'll definitely be reading the rest of this trilogy.

message 22: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samanyaaron) | 146 comments I finished reading The Time Travellers Wife and really enjoyed it, i wish I hadn't put it off reading it for so long.

message 23: by Marie (new)

Marie | 38 comments I finished Miss Peregine's Home for Peculiar Children yesterday.

message 24: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelletheresa) | 228 comments Hi Everyone!! As soon as I get the achievement code I will be responding to messages. Don't forget to message me if you have't already.