THE Group for Authors! discussion

The Dreamer (Dreamland, #1)
This topic is about The Dreamer
General Discussion > Book isn't searchable without author name

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by E.J. (last edited Jan 13, 2016 02:59PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

E.J. Mellow | 5 comments Hi there!

I was wondering if this issue could be resolved. A handful of readers and bloggers have contacted me about my book not being searchable on goodreads without putting in my author name with it. I checked and this indeed is an issue.

If you search "The Dreamer" only one book comes up which is not mine. How can I fix this?

Thanks!
Jacqueline

message 2: by Eric (new)

Eric Westfall (eawestfall) | 178 comments Jacqueline,

There's a Goodreads Librarians group (sorry I don't have a link) that is most likely to be able to help you with this.

Eric

E.J. Mellow | 5 comments Hi Eric,

I previously posted in the librarian group and they told me to post in here :/...

message 4: by Eric (new)

Eric Westfall (eawestfall) | 178 comments Well, we can but hope that some moderator or other will soon see your post and: (a) do something about it or (b) tell you it's a known bug and GR is diligently working to fix it. >rueful smile< I saw the latter type of post on another issue about something GR should do, or in theory does, but actually doesn't.

Ah, well, I'll send good thoughts out to cyberspace and hope you get helped.

Eric

message 5: by Gerry (new)

Gerry (gerrydowndoggmailcom) | 60 comments I'm new and would like to know more about how this works too.

E.J. Mellow | 5 comments Eric wrote: "Well, we can but hope that some moderator or other will soon see your post and: (a) do something about it or (b) tell you it's a known bug and GR is diligently working to fix it. >rueful smile< I s..."

Haha, yes, let's hope. It wouldn't bother me so much except that a lot of readers recently messaged me saying my book wasn't on goodreads. Never a good thing for an author to hear!

Thanks for the good vibes!
J

message 7: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Groneman (wwwamothersshadowcom) I'm new to using Good Reads and I appreciate that you bring up this issue, I'll check it out with my book.

message 8: by Eric (new)

Eric Westfall (eawestfall) | 178 comments And at the risk of being rude, I just went to the top of this page, and apparently my books are searchable just be title. I have absolutely no idea why that should be. But since I never search for my own stuff, it's good to know.

message 9: by Jaclyn (new)

Jaclyn Woods (jaclyn_w) | 417 comments Jacqueline - I'm going to ask our developers to look into this for you.

message 10: by E.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

E.J. Mellow | 5 comments Jaclyn wrote: "Jacqueline - I'm going to ask our developers to look into this for you."

Thank you! I really appreciate it!

message 11: by Jaclyn (new)

Jaclyn Woods (jaclyn_w) | 417 comments Jacqueline, we've looked into this and the search should now be performing much better.

message 12: by Sanjida (new)

Sanjida Kay (sanjidakay) | 2 comments Hi, my book does come up if you put in the title, but it's a long way down the list of books with 'bone' in the title.

My novel is called 'Bone by Bone'. Is there any way to get it to come up near or at the top if you put in the exact title? It seems odd (and hard for readers to find) if other books on animal skeletons, dinosaur bones, etc come up - which don't have this exact title!

(I have posted on the Librarians page, they said to post here)

Many thanks, Sanjida

message 13: by E.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

E.J. Mellow | 5 comments Jaclyn wrote: "Jacqueline, we've looked into this and the search should now be performing much better."

Thank you!

message 14: by Sanjida (new)

Sanjida Kay (sanjidakay) | 2 comments Thank you for looking into this, but it's still coming up low on the search list and below animal skeletons, dinosaur bones, steel bones and faerie bones! Sanjida

message 15: by Don (new)

Don G. (dgford) | 51 comments It seems you have a more serious problem than just locating your book. Is it available on Amazon, or is it in a holding pattern there? Here is how I easily found your book. I spotlighting books first then in the subject line I put "Bone by Bone by Sanjida" and this is what popped up: "Product Details
Bone by BoneMar 3, 2016
by Sanjida Kay
CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE ??? Cheers, Don

message 16: by Jaclyn (new)

Jaclyn Woods (jaclyn_w) | 417 comments Sanjida, when I do a search by "title" for your book, I'm seeing it on the first page of results.