Start by marking “The Dreamer (Dreamland, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Dreamer (Dreamland, #1)

The Dreamer

(Dreamland #1)

The first in a spellbinding contemporary fantasy trilogy, The Dreamer has been awarded a Silver for Best Fantasy/Sci-Fi from the eLit Book Awards, a Finalist Medal for Best Cover Design from The Next Generation Indie Book Awards and has appeared in globally distributed book subscription boxes such as the Sci-fi & Fantasy Book Box.

It’s night. Always night. Dreams guard agai
Published May 15th 2015 by Four Eyed Owl (first published May 14th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Dreamer, please sign up.
E.J. Mellow Hi! I don't have The Dreamland Series available for audio book yet, but this is definitely something that is being planned to be released in the futur…moreHi! I don't have The Dreamland Series available for audio book yet, but this is definitely something that is being planned to be released in the future. I'll be sure to make an announcement here when it is :). (less)
E.J. Mellow Hi Randal! Like Mia described, there are a few intimate scenes in the series, but I would not categorize it under erotica. Hope this helps!
Una Historia de Ayer by Sergio CoboAccidental Leigh by Melanie  JamesNobody's Perfect by Kallypso MastersNobody's Hero by Kallypso MastersThe Darkest Frost, Vol. 1 by Tanya Holmes
Indie Authors to Watch
6,601 books — 7,022 voters
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. MaasRed Queen by Victoria AveyardMermen by Mimi Jean PamfiloffAn Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa TahirSix of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
New Series (2015)
446 books — 1,302 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of The Dreamer (Dreamland, #1)
Casey Ann Books
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Molly a normal hard working girl by day and badass savour by night. Imagine one day being struck by lightning and your whole world turning upside down. She falls asleep every night and wakes up in a world covered in shooting stars, where she can imagine anything and it come true. She meets Devlin! A protector, warden, and watcher of the night. Molly is there for a reason. A reason bigger than anything she could ever have imagined.

The Dreamers by E.J Mellow is what we call a fantastic original Y
Aneesa
I received this book in an exchange for an honest review. Thanks to Enchanted Book Promotions

ALERT!!! RED ALERT!!!

description

O-M-G!!!! Mellow has made my emotions fluctuate up and down like a heart beat monitor....beep! beep! I honestly don't know what to think about this book right now. I suppose I should start from the beginning right? Lol, what is wrong with you? You drunk? What?, no! Right..

Okay, so let me begin with the cover. Who would not love this cover right? Not only is it alluring you in once y
Booknut
**To view the original post with added extras click here!**

Today, ladies and gentlemen and dragons queens plus handsome men in top hats, I am finally going to review this masterpiece of a book! I'm excited to share with you my thoughts on it + which bits put a smile on my face (hint hint: all of them involve a HOT HOT HOT reasonably good-looking male by the name of Dev).

Book cover: As Ms Mellow divulged in my interview with her, a lot of thought went into the cover of this book.

The cover, accor
Sandra
Sep 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Original Review at http://sandrathebookworm.blogspot.com...

The author was kind enough to provide me with a copy in exchange for an honest review.

Gosh! Where do I even start this book had me on an emotional roller-coaster that I refused to get off of. It was such a good book and unlike anything I have ever read before. Molly is your normal 24 year old until the day she gets struck by lightning and she starts to have the same very vivid dream every night; the dream feels so real to Molly that it’
Demi
Feb 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Actual rating: 4.75/5

The Dreamer is so well written and creative. EJ did such an incredible job at creating such vivid and vibrant worlds. The character development in this book is also really amazing. The only thing that I didn't care much for in the story is the love triangle (wth Molly?!), but other than that, I very much enjoyed the book. I'm excited to find out what's going to happen next with Molly and Dev. And I can't wait to see Molly kick some Metus butt in the sequel, haha.

*copy provid
Sadie Hartmann
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Imagine your life. You're young, you live on your own. You have a good job and get to work with your best friend. You're dating this guy that makes you swoon every time you think about him. For your birthday, he takes you to dinner and gives you a pretty, silver charm bracelet. That night, right before you go inside your apartment building, you are struck by lightening and your whole world as you know it, changes.
***
I didn't know quite what to expect from the Dreamer. I follow the author on Inst
AmeliaaXavier
Actual Rating: 4.5 Shooting Stars!

It left me breathless & I can't get enough of this world! — AmeliaaXavier

description

I HAVE A BOOKTALK REVIEW FOR THE DREAMER ON MY BOOKTUBE CHANNEL

» Watch My BookTalk Review Here
Hailee (haibooklovers)
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

Well that absolutely sucked me in! The premise is completely fascinating and I actually love the main character.

Can't wait to see what's coming in this series!
Rachel Gunter
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
One of my favourite fantasy books of this year!! Loved it!!

The Dreamer by E.J Mellow is a great contemporary fantasy book that had me hooked from the start! I read it in two sittings - I would have read it in one if I didn't have to go out on a driving lesson! - and I was completely immersed in the story! The Dreamer follows Molly, who on her 24th birthday is struck by lightening. After that, whenever she falls asleep she travels to a strange place in her dreams, and discovers that she has a ex
CassieRose
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Molly is your normal everyday female living in New York, steady job, wonderful best friend and a developing relationship; that is until her 24th birthday when she gets struck by lightning. For the first time in her life, Molly starts to actually remember her dreams, which are very vivid and seem like she is having the same dream every night. Molly starts to feel as though there are more to these 'dreams' as she slowly starts to be able to explore the world of her dreams.

EJ Mellow did an amazing
Farah
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Warning: This book is addicting and you WILL NOT be able to put it down.

My Rating:5 of 5

What do you say about a book that is completely and thoroughly enjoyable? I didn’t want it to end, but I couldn’t wait to get to the end so I could find out what happened. I finished it in 2 days! I haven't read a book that fast before.

I thought this book was pretty much perfect. I have no character complaints, I loved the plot, I loved the relationships, I loved Dev and Molly together, and I just loved Dev.
Samantha

When the cover and synopsis of the Dreamer where announced on my blog, I was brimming with excitement at the prospect of reading it. I couldn't wait to have it in my hands (release date is May 15th)! This book has probably counted toward my most anticipated reads this year and it has fully lived up to my expectations!

The Dreamer is a New Adult story with a contemporary fantasy/paranormal twist. It really is a mixture of all my favorite genres and as such, it brings their best aspects to light. I
Tricia
Apr 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
THE DREAMER BY: E.J. MELLOW

OK so first off....that cover! Gorgeous right?!

Now in case you didn't know, I am super interested in books/movies/pretty much anything to do with dreams. It's such a neat concept for so many reasons. Dreams have the power to effect you in such powerful ways, whether it be a nightmare that has you quaking under the covers, or a spouse cheating dream that has you side eyeing that SOB like crazy in the morning, or even something magical that has you wanting to
Sarah Louise
Oct 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Well, first of all, thank you Beatrice from Beatrice Learns to Read for introducing me to The Dreamer. After reading her review, I literally purchased and read The Dreamer within two days.

After getting struck by lightning, Molly's normal life with her best friend, Becca, and boyfriend, Jared, gets a lot more exciting when upon dreaming she is sent to Tera Somniorum, a magical realm normally unknown to humans. Here Molly meets Dev, a protector of Dreamers. And let me tell you, the romance(s) in
Tessa Unruh
May 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-faves
So I was EXTREMELY lucky to have received an ARC of this book because it is bad ass!!! The plot was so so so refreshing to me! And when you're living half time in a dream world anything is possible and impossible things do happen. I thought that E.J. did a wonderful job of going back and forth between the two worlds when that can so easily get boring or tedious very quickly. That absolutely did NOT happen here! I found myself loving characters from both settings and wishing they would somehow al ...more
Muskan
Feb 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-2016-reads
I was fortunate to be sent a copy of this book from the author, in exchange for an honest review. Thank you, Ms. Mellow. :)

It's unlike any book I've read, honestly. The book is so creative and innovative. The characters are so loveable and the plotline is highly interesting.
Molly, the protagonist, gets struck by lightning on her birthday and then starts to dream the weirdest stuff. What she discovers is that when she sleeps, she goes to an entirely different world.
If you love fantasy, or are fas
Leelynn (Sometimes Leelynn Reads) ❤
“And then there are the dreams that feel as authentic as reality itself, that seem to exist just as your own life does. Where the emotions you experience there carry over to when you're awake. They are so real, so genuine, that you begin to question your own sanity. And you know that when the day comes that you finally stop dreaming them, you will never stop remembering.”

Sometimes dreams can seem so real that you aren't even sure whether or not you actually are dreaming. Those are the types of d
Bea (Beatrice Learns To Read)
Read more of this review at Beatrice Learns To Read

I received a finished copy of this book from E.J. Mellow in exchange for an honest review. By no means have my review been affected and/or influenced.

I honestly don’t know where to start with this review. I’m still hung over with what I’ve read and I just can’t with this book!!! IT’S EXCEPTIONAL! I’m so glad to have come across The Dreamer and get the chance to enter its world.

Molly never dreams or it’s because she doesn’t remember them when she
Cassandra (Thebookishcrypt)
*Copy provided by author in exchange for an honest review*
AHHH!!!!!!! 6 stars!
E.J. has successfully turned into one of my favorite authors after reading this. Her world-building skills are breathtaking and a breath of fresh air! I devoured every single detail of it. The twist she created around the act of dreaming is literally out of this world! There are so many unique aspects in this story that it blew my mind how E.J. was capable to come up with them all!
Molly's character development was per
Michelle
**You can see this full review and more at Book Briefs: http://bookbriefs.net**
4.5/5

The Dreamer is the first book in a new, New Adult fantasy series, called the Dreamland Series. I loved this book. I found it to be well written, fresh, engaging and really creative. I loved the world within a world that Author E.J. Mellow created. The book starts out by Molly getting struck by lightening and ending up in the hospital. I thought it was funny that the doctor made an offhand comment that she might e
Areve
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given a physical copy of this book in exchange for my honest review

The story is about a 24 years old girl named molly, she doesn't remember her dreams when she wakes up but that is before she was struck by lightning on her 24th birthday. After the accident, she started to remember her dreams and everytime she sleeps, she was transported into another world that can only be found in her dreams.

First of all, I would like to thank E.J Mellow for letting me wander at the dreamland. The dreamer
Jacqueline Smith
Aug 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a book I've been meaning to read for a while. Several of my friends just rave about The Dreamland Series and I have to admit, the breathtaking cover caught my attention almost immediately.

I will admit, The Dreamer wasn't what I was expecting. While very beautifully written and fantastical, it felt more science fiction and psychology than fantasy and magic, but that's not a bad thing at all! It was a world that I never could have imagined and I think that EJ Mellow is the perfect author
Vivien
Apr 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
WHAT'S GOING ON? Why is there a cliffhanger?! Is it because this is an unfinished ARC? I need to know what happens!

This book is amazing! The world is so unique! Sometimes when the author was explaining world terminology/world building, I dozed off/I was confused. I really tried visualizing some stuff, but I could never grasp it. I felt like it lacked SOME-NOT A LOT-of details sometimes.

I really liked the characters. Except for Molly because after reading the last couple of chapters...I really d
MJ
Jun 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: galleys
I received a copy via Xpresso Blog Tours
What is that it?! This book has a really fresh plot, for me anyway. I haven't read a book about space travel via dream and it's totally cool. This has a gripping story line that has me reading it from first chapter down to the last. It was a page-turner; it was fast paced but it's not rushed so it developed well.
Full review here
Dan Covert
May 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a vivid world EJ Mellow has created! From the moment I started I couldn't put this book down. The dreamworld and it's contrast to the Molly's day to day reality is a great construct that I am surprised hasn't been utilized more in fiction. Molly's journey captivated me and I can't wait to read the next installment! ...more
Eman Al-arashi
Mar 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Goodness gracious! This book is so different and so intriguing! I cannot wait until the next book comes out!
Ashley Reid
May 09, 2015 marked it as to-read
That cover is absolutely beautiful. I need this book in my life.
Sofi Mascaró
Awesome...

Simply and beautiful awesome.

I'm still in awe for this book.

Review to come because I'm still dreaming of Terra.
Maryanne
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Omg OMG OMG
I loved this book so much!!!!!!! *quietly cries*
It was amazing, anyone who likes fantasy, will like this one.
Esther Haddie's Haven
Wow! This book is so good! Have been reading this since Saturday, and have enjoyed it sooooo much! Molly is definitely stubborn. I'm swooning over both Dev, Jared and a bit of Rae. Love it. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
  • Lore
  • Fable (Fable, #1)
  • World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
  • Shadowsong (Wintersong, #2)
  • All That Glitters (Enchantée, #1)
  • Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2)
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
  • Shielded (Shielded, #1)
  • Warriors of Wing and Flame (Sisters of Shadow and Light, #2)
  • The Witch's Trinity
  • He Will be My Ruin
  • Welcome to Night Vale (Welcome to Night Vale, #1)
  • People of the Longhouse (People of the Longhouse #1; North America's Forgotten Past #17)
  • Déjà Dead (Temperance Brennan, #1)
  • Shadowborn Academy: Year One (Dark Fae Academy #1)
  • Inkspell (Inkworld, #2)
  • Inkdeath (Inkworld, #3)
E.J. Mellow is the award-winning author of the contemporary fantasy, The Dreamland Series. The Animal Under the Fur is her first standalone action romance. With a Bachelor’s Degree in fine arts, E.J. splits her time between her two loves—visual design and writing.

E.j. resides in Brooklyn, NY with her husband.

You can find her on:
Instagram - https://instagram.com/ejmellow
Facebook - https://www.face

Dreamland (3 books)
  • The Divide (Dreamland #2)
  • The Destined (Dreamland #3)