2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives - Group Reads > What Angels Fear by C. S. Harris (Sebastian St. Cyr #1) January 2016

Comments Showing 1-50 of 106 (106 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Jonetta (last edited Jan 30, 2016 04:40AM) (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 10491 comments Mod
It's 1811, and the threat of revolution haunts the upper classes of King George III's England. Then a beautiful young woman is found raped and savagely murdered on the altar steps of an ancient church near Westminster Abbey. A dueling pistol discovered at the scene and the damning testimony of a witness both point to one man, Sebastian St. Cyr, Viscount Devlin, a brilliant young nobleman shattered by his experience in the Napoleonic Wars.

Now a fugitive running for his life, Sebastian calls upon his skill as an agent during the war to catch the killer and prove his own innocence. In the process, he accumulates a band of unlikely allies, including the enigmatic beauty Kat Boleyn, who broke Sebastian's heart years ago. In Sebastian's world of intrigue and espionage, nothing is as it seems, yet the truth may hold the key to the future of the British monarchy, as well as to Sebastian's own salvation....

Discussion Questions

message 2: by Jonetta (new)

Our series group read begins in January. Who plans to join in?

Laura (Kyahgirl) (kyahgirl) Me!

message 4: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments Me too

message 5: by Jonetta (new)

I'm in, too.

message 6: by Charlene (last edited Jan 01, 2016 01:29PM) (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 601 comments Count me in. I see that I must not have finished this one in 2013. I'm hoping I'll really like it this time through....

message 8: by Phrynne (new)

Phrynne | 287 comments I'm in.

❆ Crystal ❆ (crystal_wright) I'll be joining as well

message 10: by ❆ Crystal ❆ (new)

❆ Crystal ❆ (crystal_wright) ❆ Crystal ❆ wrote: "I'll be joining as well"

oh no... my library used to have all the ebooks and no they only have book 10. Bummer

message 11: by Jonetta (new)

Submit a request. That often works for me.

message 12: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 19 comments I have this on my list as well.

message 13: by Sunny (new)

Sunny (wkonsunshine) | 412 comments I just bought it and I'm in

message 14: by Jonetta (new)

That's great, Ellen and Sunny!

message 15: by Loriidae (last edited Dec 07, 2015 03:22AM) (new)

Loriidae I am in, just read the synopsis and realised it is Regency, my favourite Historical period. :)

Edit: well I will be if I find a copy...

message 16: by Jo Ann (new)

Jo Ann (jojog) | 54 comments The first book is on sale right now for 1.99 on Amazon (Kindle).

I'm in! It'll be a reread for me...love this series!!

message 17: by Jo Ann (new)

Jo Ann (jojog) | 54 comments ❆ Crystal ❆ wrote: "❆ Crystal ❆ wrote: "I'll be joining as well"

oh no... my library used to have all the ebooks and no they only have book 10. Bummer"

E-book is 1.99 for a limited time on Amazon kindle.

message 18: by Loriidae (new)

Loriidae My library has it... yay

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2440 comments That's so great, Lorridae!

message 20: by Charlene (last edited Jan 01, 2016 01:29PM) (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 601 comments Just ordered from local library! Don't know why I didn't like it in 2013. Here's hoping.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2440 comments And so we begin!

message 22: by Chris (new)

Chris (cdavies1951) | 21 comments I love this series -I'm in for a re-read.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2440 comments That's great, Chris!

message 24: by Phrynne (new)

Phrynne | 287 comments I have started it and it is SO good.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2440 comments That is great and promising to hear!

message 26: by Phrynne (new)

Phrynne | 287 comments Good looking, charming hero, Regency period - what more is there to ask for???

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2440 comments Lol! And, how to true.

message 28: by ❆ Crystal ❆ (new)

❆ Crystal ❆ (crystal_wright) My book is ready at the library and I'll pick it up Tuesday... I should be able to start soon.

message 29: by Laura (Kyahgirl) (new)

Laura (Kyahgirl) (kyahgirl) I have it on my bedside table...I guess it's time to start!

message 30: by Chris (last edited Jan 02, 2016 12:29PM) (new)

Chris (cdavies1951) | 21 comments It's on my Kindle, but the movers come Monday, and I probably won't start until Monday night. I'll need a good book! If I'm able to find it :-)

message 31: by Maria Rose (new)

Maria Rose I'm thrilled to tell you that my library has the entire series as digital books! So I'm going to be able to download one a month with no problem. I just put What Angels Fear on my ereader :-)

message 32: by Jonetta (new)

Mine does, too!

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2440 comments That is fabulous!

message 34: by Jonetta (new)

Here's the link for the discussion questions, which will posted by January 15. In the meantime, feel free to post informal comments or messages in the topic already opened.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...

message 35: by Jo Ann (new)

Jo Ann (jojog) | 54 comments Finally starting my reread tonight! Great novel to start off the new year.

message 36: by Jonetta (new)

Started this last night.

message 37: by Jonetta (new)

I just finished and am looking forward to the discussion!

message 38: by Sunny (new)

Sunny (wkonsunshine) | 412 comments Started on Monday.

message 39: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 601 comments Looking forward to tomorrow with this book and more!

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2440 comments I started this last night but am only 6% in so far.

message 41: by Monica (last edited Jan 14, 2016 01:40PM) (new)

Monica | 860 comments Discussion topics have now been added.

Find them here:

What Angels Fear Discussion

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2440 comments Thanks, Monica!

message 43: by Jonetta (last edited Jan 16, 2016 08:47AM) (new)

Here's the revised link:

What Angels Fear Discussion Questions

message 44: by ❆ Crystal ❆ (new)

❆ Crystal ❆ (crystal_wright) I'm starting tomorrow

message 45: by Sunny (new)

Sunny (wkonsunshine) | 412 comments I just finished and I made the mistake of reading book blurbs and reviews of the next books in the series. I really wish I didn't do that. #Don'tDoThat

message 46: by Phrynne (new)

Phrynne | 287 comments Sunny wrote: "I just finished and I made the mistake of reading book blurbs and reviews of the next books in the series. I really wish I didn't do that. #Don'tDoThat"

So true! I already know one big plot point which I wish I didn't just because I read too much about the series.

message 47: by Sunny (new)

Sunny (wkonsunshine) | 412 comments Phrynne wrote: "Sunny wrote: "I just finished and I made the mistake of reading book blurbs and reviews of the next books in the series. I really wish I didn't do that. #Don'tDoThat"

So true! I already know one b..."

I'm going to have to get over my issue before I can go on.

message 48: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4056 comments Mod
Sunny wrote: "I'm going to have to get over my issue before I can go on. ."

Just from curiosity, what is your issue? I've read further and may be able to help :0)

message 49: by Sunny (last edited Jan 17, 2016 12:43AM) (new)

Sunny (wkonsunshine) | 412 comments Lauren wrote: "Sunny wrote: "I'm going to have to get over my issue before I can go on. ."

Just from curiosity, what is your issue? I've read further and may be able to help :0)"

(view spoiler)

message 50: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4056 comments Mod
I see ... my reaction was actually the opposite because (view spoiler)

« previous 1 3