SFF Readalongs led by Kitty G discussion

Dune (Dune #1)
This topic is about Dune
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Dune Discussion > Thoughts Before We Start...

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kaitlin (kool_kat_kitty) | 671 comments Mod
Hi everyone, this is the thread for discussion of the book before we begin, feel free to talk about why you voted for this and what you hope to get out of reading it!

I personally am hugely hopeful that this will be a really interesting read through and I have been wanting to read a bit more sci-fi recently so I think this will be a great one to add to my repertoire. I am looking forward to diving into this and I hope all of you are too.

I have divided it into three sections as that's how the book itself is divided up so I hope this works well for everyone and you can all easily use the other threads to comment and chat about it!
Happy reading!

Matt Campbell | 3 comments Excited to start reading this.

Michael (michaeldixon) | 60 comments I highly recommend watching the movie Dune after reading the book. The movie is one of the worst movies you will ever see which is something of an enigma given that the story is good, the actors are good and yet...

Ungar5 | 25 comments im really excited for Dune. the audiobook has a full cast version, which can be great. plus, its suppose to be, like, THE best sci-fi series.

Chernz | 15 comments Oh man, memories. I haven't re-read this book since I first finished it sometime back in middle school. And the only reason I even found out about it then was that it was my mom's favorite sci-fi book and she hyped it up for me so when I was finally old enough to read it I loved every bit of it. To this day it remains one of only a few books that we've both read and enjoyed. I'm curious to see how it holds up all these years later!

Matt Campbell | 3 comments I'm just starting on Dune and I'm very excited. One thing that confuses me and I might as well ask it now is thAt everyone seems to love dune, but I have yet to run Into anyone who thinks the sequels are with your time? Should this book stand on its own or should I plan to venture deep down into the depths of sequelville.

message 7: by Tiffany (new) - added it

Tiffany (lexiophile) | 12 comments Matt wrote: "I'm just starting on Dune and I'm very excited. One thing that confuses me and I might as well ask it now is thAt everyone seems to love dune, but I have yet to run Into anyone who thinks the seque..."

As someone who is just starting this book as well Ill tell you what my father told me (he reads strickly SF and i thoroughly trust his opinion)....think of Dune as a trilogy, after that the books just arent as good because they explore things that arent really part of the story.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.