New Adult Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived- Challenges > 2015 December Challenge

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dee (last edited Dec 26, 2015 09:00PM) (new)

Dee | 851 comments December
I can’t believe it is the end of the year already but let’s welcome in the Christmas season with books relating to Christmas. We have two options this month. You can choose either option. Both options have a maximum of 6 points allocated.

Option 1 categories include:
1. Books with Christmas elements on the cover, eg. Christmas tree, Christmas decorations, presents, snow, Santa etc.
2. A scene about celebrating Christmas
3. A scene about a Christmas Party
4. A book with the word Christmas in the title.
If you read 1 book from each of the four categories you can gain 2 Bonus Points.

Option 2 category include:
1. Spelling the word XMAS with different book titles. Each book needs to start with an X, M, A, S. If you can do this category you get 2 Bonus Points.

If you complete Option 1 and Option 2 you get a BONUS 10 POINTS!

At the New Adult Book Club, we challenge you to read as many New Adult Christmas oriented books as you can this month.

RULES:
- All books MUST be NA and a minimum of 120 pgs.
- OPTION 1 - You will receive 1 point for each book read, (total of 4 points, can be made up from any of the first four categories). To receive the 2 bonus points 1 book from each category is needed.
- OPTION 2 – You will receive 1 point for each book title read starting with an X, M, A or S. 2 Bonus Points if you complete the XMAS challenge (X, M, A, S all need to be used).
- Max. of 22 points this month
- Create ONE post below to keep track of your progress and edit your post throughout the month.

message 2: by Shanny (last edited Dec 23, 2015 09:57AM) (new)

Shanny B (shannyb) | 31 comments Good Lord, this one might cause me stress! Lol. I did just finish one at 12:50am that fits a category! Woohoo!

Option 1: 5/4 Bonus 2
Option 2: 5/4 Bonus 2

Bonus bonus +10 √√√

Option 1
1. Books with Christmas elements on the cover, eg. Christmas tree, Christmas decorations, presents, snow, Santa etc. Frigid12-12 I love J Armentrout, so I knew this one would be pretty good. It could have been fleshed out a little more, but overall, it was good. Stuck in a blizzard with a longtime bff/crush while bad guys sabotage everything. NA romantic suspense.
2. A scene about celebrating Christmas Pretend You're Mine 12-2 25 Days (A Standalone Novel) 12-11 because, well... the cover. It was ok. Nothing to write home about.
3. A scene about a Christmas Party Unplugged 12-10 a Christmas Wedding! I can't think of a bigger party than that! Anyhow, yeah, its a 'stand alone' but not really because there is backstory all over the place.
4. A book with the word Christmas in the title. Ghosts of Christmas Past 12-9 this was a surprisingly good paranormal story. The climax built perfectly up until the end and then it went flat, but overall it was a good short read.
If you read 1 book from each of the four categories you can gain 2 Bonus Points.

Option 2 category include:
1. Spelling the word XMAS with different book titles. Each book needs to start with an X, M, A, S. If you can do this category you get 2 Bonus Points
X- Xoe: or Vampires, and Werewolves, and Demons, Oh My! 12-17 this felt more YA than NA, but its done. I'm going to read another o e because I feel like I'm cheating a little. Xavier 12-20 reread ;)
M-The Mighty Storm 12-5 I finally got around to reading this one and I really liked it.
A-All I Want for Christmas is You 12-13 super sweet HEA Christmas story.
S-Seth 12-13 this series is sort of the same story/formula over and over, but I enjoy them. Not sure why, but I do. :)

Frigid (Frigid, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Pretend You're Mine by Lucy Score 25 Days (A Standalone Novel) (Christmas Bad Boy Romance) by Claire Adams Unplugged (Blue Phoenix, #3) by Lisa Swallow Ghosts of Christmas Past by Jessica Aspen

Xoe or Vampires, and Werewolves, and Demons, Oh My! (Xoe Meyers, #1) by Sara C. Roethle Xavier (Men of Steel, #4) by M.J. Fields The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1) by Samantha Towle All I Want for Christmas is You (Fate with a Helping Hand, #1) by Lisa Mondello Seth (Damage Control #3) by Jo Raven

message 3: by Dee (new)

Dee | 851 comments I know lol I had two ideas and couldn't decide which one I liked better so decided on both :) hope you like this one!

message 4: by Kimi (last edited Dec 23, 2015 11:05AM) (new)

Kimi Porkchops (kimi_porkchops) I'm in...

Option 1- 4/4
Bonus - 2
Option 1 categories include:
1.Books with Christmas elements on the cover, eg. Christmas tree, Christmas decorations, presents, snow, Santa etc. Hope For Christmas (A Cowboy Way Novella) by Becky McGraw
2.A scene about celebrating Christmas Pretend You're Mine by Lucy Score
3.A scene about a Christmas Party Unplugged (Blue Phoenix, #3) by Lisa Swallow
4.A book with the word Christmas in the title. His for Christmas by Skye Warren

Option 2 - 4/4
Bonus 2
X - Xavier Xavier (Men of Steel, #4) by M.J. Fields
M - Mirage Mirage
A -Aloha Texas Aloha Texas (Aloha, #1) by Chris Keniston
S - Shadows Shadows (The Rephaim, #1) by Paula Weston

Bonus -10

message 5: by Krissy (last edited Dec 30, 2015 07:14AM) (new)

Krissy | 71 comments Option 1: 4/4 Bonus: 2
Option 2: 4/4 Bonus: 2
Option 1 & 2 completed: Bonus: 10

Option 1:
1. Book with Christmas elements on the cover: 31 Kisses 12/29
2. A scene about celebrating Christmas:
Jase 12/4
3. A scene about a Christmas Party:
Addicted to You 12/19
4. A book with the word Christmas in the title: Christmas with You 12/28

Option 2:
Spell the word XMAS

X: Xavier 12/8
M: The Mistake 12/11
A: Addicted to Him 12/23
S: Sweet Addiction 12/26

Option 1: 31 Kisses by Chautona Havig Jase (Men of Steel, #1) by M.J. Fields Addicted to You (Addicted, #1) by Krista Ritchie Christmas with You (Due South, #4) by Tracey Alvarez

Option 2: Xavier (Men of Steel, #4) by M.J. Fields The Mistake (Off-Campus, #2) by Elle Kennedy Addicted to Him by Lauren Dodd Sweet Addiction (Sweet Addiction, #1) by Jessica Daniels

message 6: by Turtlefrog (new)

Turtlefrog Option 1 categories include:
1. Books with Christmas elements on the cover, eg. Christmas tree, Christmas decorations, presents, snow, Santa etc.
2. A scene about celebrating Christmas
Pulse (Collide, #2) by Gail McHugh 12/3/15
3. A scene about a Christmas Party
4. A book with the word Christmas in the title

message 7: by Shanny (new)

Shanny B (shannyb) | 31 comments Dee wrote: "I know lol I had two ideas and couldn't decide which one I liked better so decided on both :) hope you like this one!"

I DO like this one. However,that X title is going to give me a fit. :) but hey, That's why its a challenge!

message 8: by Dee (last edited Dec 06, 2015 12:53PM) (new)

Dee | 851 comments I read this one for a challenge last year. Xoe or Vampires, and Werewolves, and Demons, Oh My! (Xoe Meyers, #1) by Sara C. Roethle
I also considered Xavier (Men of Steel, #4) by M.J. Fields and Xander's Chance (Damian Eternal, #1) by Lizzy Ford

message 10: by Krissy (new)

Krissy | 71 comments Dee wrote: "I read this one for a challenge last year. Xoe or Vampires, and Werewolves, and Demons, Oh My! (Xoe Meyers, #1) by Sara C. Roethle
I also considered Xavier (Men of Steel, #4) by M.J. Fields and [bookcover:Xander's Chance|1766..."

I have all the Men of Steel books. I finally get to read them thanks to this challenge and I'm enjoying them. These guys are over the top. Funny and very alpha male! Naughty too ;)

message 11: by Dee (new)

Dee | 851 comments Awesome. I have them too and haven't read them. Are you loving them?

message 12: by Shanny (new)

Shanny B (shannyb) | 31 comments I have read all of the Men of Steele books, including Xavier, and I liked them. Their mom is awesome. They sort of remind me the Corps Security by Harper Sloanor the Until series byAurora Rose Reynolds

message 13: by Dee (new)

Dee | 851 comments I have the Harper Sloan books to read too. But I loved the Until Series. Will have to move it up the ever growing list.

message 14: by Shanny (new)

Shanny B (shannyb) | 31 comments Dee wrote: "I have the Harper Sloan books to read too. But I loved the Until Series. Will have to move it up the ever growing list."

OMG. Read them NOW! The Corps Security series is an top 5 all time favorite series for me. Not NA but super awesome.

message 15: by Dee (new)

Dee | 851 comments :) ok ok lol my problem is I have too many books and so many of them area great that I don't know how to prioritise. I start holidays this afternoon so hello book marathons :)

message 16: by Shanny (new)

Shanny B (shannyb) | 31 comments Dee wrote: ":) ok ok lol my problem is I have too many books and so many of them area great that I don't know how to prioritise. I start holidays this afternoon so hello book marathons :)"

Mine start next Friday. I. Can. NOT wait for two weeks off!

message 17: by Kimi (new)

Kimi Porkchops (kimi_porkchops) Thanks Shannon for all the ideas bc I didnt kow what to read for these lol

message 18: by Shanny (new)

Shanny B (shannyb) | 31 comments Kimi wrote: "Thanks Shannon for all the ideas bc I didnt kow what to read for these lol"
You are welcome! Half of the fun of the challenges is finding something I haven't actually read to meet the criteria. :) I'm running out of NA that I haven't read. But I do enjoy looking for the gem in the haystack, so to speak.

message 19: by Dee (new)

Dee | 851 comments My problem is getting time to sit and read the ones I really want to and then finding new ones I out first :)

message 20: by Kimi (new)

Kimi Porkchops (kimi_porkchops) I know. I love the challenges but I either can't find books that I think would interest me, I've already read them or I just run out of time. I'm hoping to complete more challenges next year. I started late this year

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.