Ultimate Popsugar Reading Challenge discussion

2016 Challenge prompts > A book that is published in 2016

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Juanita (new)

Juanita (juanitav) | 723 comments What's on your list in this slot? A book that is published in 2016 ... there should be a few to choose from.

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan (mghrt06) | 540 comments There's so many to pick from but I think I'm going to fill this spot with The Last Star - the final book of The Fifth Wave series.

message 3: by Ashly (last edited Dec 09, 2015 06:31PM) (new)

Ashly (ashlyh) | 63 comments so so many, but I think it would be We Are The Ants because it comes out in Jan. And I want to read it as soon as I can.

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (ohmandy70) I'll use one of these two since I'll be reading them anyway...

Brotherhood in Death (JD Robb)
Night Shift (Charlaine Harris)

message 5: by Arka (new)

Arka Duttagupta | 25 comments I think I'll wait till July then add this one

message 7: by Monica (new)

Monica (booksarelove) | 113 comments I'm hoping that I'll win a book published in 2016 from the Goodreads giveaway. If I don't, I'll go to the library in December and borrow a 2016 book, hopefully one that came out in the beginning of 2016 so that I'll be able to keep the book for more than one week.

message 9: by Angie (new)

Angie Jenkins (longerdecember) | 6 comments I've been waiting for Morning Star for months- so I'm pretty excited to have an additional excuse to read it.

message 10: by Marisa (new)

Marisa Bisaccia [book whisperer] | 194 comments I am going to read Heartless by Marissa Meyer for this prompt.

message 11: by Sana (new)

Sana Zameer (sanazameer) I am waiting for The Power ( second book of Titan Series) by Jennifer L Armentrout. Its coming out next month.

message 12: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Weber | 264 comments I'm going out on a limb and hoping and praying that George R. R. Martin gets it together and actually releases The Winds of Winter this year.

message 13: by Alex (new)

Alex | 27 comments Charlotte wrote: "I'm going out on a limb and hoping and praying that George R. R. Martin gets it together and actually releases The Winds of Winter this year."

That's what I'm counting on, too. ;)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Everyone Brave is Forgiven by Chris Cleave

message 15: by Amy (new)

Amy | 6 comments So far I have two that I'm pretty excited about:

My Name is Leon by Kit de Waal

The Ballroom by Anna Hope

message 16: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Grayson | 9 comments Just finished My Name is Lucy Barton by Elizabeth Strout.

message 17: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) I just finished Brotherhood in Death (In Death, #42) by J.D. Robb Brotherhood in Death by J.D. Robb last week. It was just released on 2/2/16.

message 18: by Angie (new)

Angie (sparkingjoyinreading) | 32 comments I read From Bags to Riches by Sandra D. Bricker. I received a free copy from NetGalley- it will be released 3/1/16.

message 19: by Emily (new)

Emily S (emcrypted) | 10 comments A Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic #2) comes out tomorrow (Feb 23). I loved Darker Shades of Magic, and have been looking forward to this for he last year! Fantastic world building and enjoyable magic system.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 20: by Nichelle (new)

Nichelle | 57 comments Just finished a book that was published in 2016. Best Friends Forever by Kimberla Lawson Roby

message 21: by Malgorzata (new)

Malgorzata | 24 comments Starting on Little Boy Blue by M. J. Arlidge, which was published only a few weeks ago. If you're into mystery, detective novels and psychological thrillers, give the author a go! Little Boy Blue is the fifth book in the DI Helen Grace series and, so far, they've all been gripping, chilling reads.

message 22: by Alex (new)

Alex | 27 comments I don't think I'm going to be waiting on GRRM for Winds of Winter. I held out hope for three months, but now I'm counting on Harry Potter and the Cursed Child for this slot. I'm going to be reading it anyways, so why not make it count?

message 23: by Juanita (new)

Juanita (juanitav) | 723 comments I am considering Georgia: A Novel of Georgia O'Keeffe Georgia A Novel of Georgia O'Keeffe by Dawn Tripp . Love her and have enjoyed historical fiction lately.

message 24: by Catherine (new)

Catherine M | 6 comments Salt to the Seas by Ruta Sepetys was very good! It's also set in Europe, YA, and has a blue cover.

message 25: by Nadine in NY (new)

Nadine in NY Jones | 6309 comments Mod
I read Rutkoski's "The Winner's Kiss" for this prompt - this is the final book a YA fantasy trilogy that I loved. I read "My Name is Lucy Barton" for NYT Bestseller, and "The Past" for "First book you see in a bookstore," and both of those would work for this prompt also.

message 26: by Christi (new)

Christi | 45 comments I read Georgia: A Novel of Georgia O'Keeffe by Dawn Tripp. It's a fictionalized look at O'Keeffe's life and works. Really well researched. I've always found her art inspiring. Learning more about the woman behind the paintings was fascinating. She pushed boundaries in technique and topic. She always seemed to stand on her own so I was curious to learn more about her husband and how he influenced her career and her life.
Georgia A Novel of Georgia O'Keeffe by Dawn Tripp

message 27: by JoAnna (new)

JoAnna | 84 comments I read The Last Girl

message 28: by Patricia (last edited Jul 01, 2016 11:40PM) (new)

Patricia Bergman (marshop) | 112 comments The Widow is new this year. I read it but found it somewhat boring in places.

message 29: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Bergman (marshop) | 112 comments I have Georgia: A Novel of Georgia O'Keeffe but haven't read it yet. @Christi, I believe you can recommend this book enthusiastically.

message 30: by Keely (new)

Keely Crilley (keelycrilley) | 7 comments I was going to read "The Cursed Child" by J.K. Rowling for this but I have moved that to "a book guaranteed to bring you joy" and instead I am waiting on the 4th book in the Lightbringer series "The Blood Mirror" in October. :)

message 31: by Monica (new)

Monica (mcosselman) Lilac Girls

A WWII novel that is based on real people. Highly recommended.

message 32: by AF (new)

AF | 345 comments I highly recommend America's First Daughter by Stephanie Dray. She is Thomas Jefferson's eldest daughter, who was devoted to serving her father after her mother's death. Good historical fiction read and I like the way Dray included Sally Hemings into the story.

message 33: by Shilpi (last edited Jul 23, 2016 12:22PM) (new)

Shilpi | 21 comments I read a book in hindi called नाकोहस by Purushottam Agrawal (Nacohus- an acronym for 'NAtional COmmission for HUrt Sentiments') by Purushottam Agrawal for this prompt. It was an amazing read and is basically a satire on the conditions prevalent in our country since last few years.

message 34: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Weber | 264 comments I, too, have given up hope that "The Winds of Winter" might be released this year so I think I'm going to go with Philippa Gregory's Three Sisters, Three Queens which comes out next month.

message 35: by Lisa (last edited Jul 26, 2016 11:46AM) (new)

Lisa (runs4fun) | 4 comments I'm on the wait list for The Black Widow by Daniel Silva. It published this month. I can't wait to read this. Love his series.

message 36: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Hall Now I was going to read Yellow Brick War for this challenge and probably will still read it at some point but Harry Potter and The Curses Child arrived Sunday so I thought - Yeah do it ... :)

I finished it about five minutes ago and I would recommend it to all Potter fans :)

message 37: by Riley (new)

Riley (rileyfickett) I chose one on a whim to listen to on audiobook and ended up with We're All Damaged by Matthew Norman. I.... did not like this book at all, haha! Reading the synopsis I thought this would be a fun, humorous read and it really wasn't. The main character was super whiney, the author tried really hard to figure out how women think and act and, in my opinion, failed miserably, and the ending was such a cop out. Yikes. This might appeal to some readers, but for me it really didn't.

We're All Damaged by Matthew Norman

message 38: by Mellanie (new)

Mellanie Gould | 44 comments I'm reading Harry Potter and the Cursed Child for this. I'm really enjoying it. I just started it and I think I will have it done in another day or 2, I like it that much.

message 39: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Hall Mellanie wrote: "I'm reading Harry Potter and the Cursed Child for this. I'm really enjoying it. I just started it and I think I will have it done in another day or 2, I like it that much."

I read this book also ... Thought it was great :) ... Did have Yellow Brick War down but this came in the post and I couldn't resist ... Will probably read Yellow Brick War as well haha

message 40: by Erin (new)

Erin Adkinson | 18 comments A co-worker gave me I'm Thinking of Ending Things for a road trip, since he said it was a quick read. It was tough to get started but them I finished most of it in just a few hours.

message 41: by Sara (new)

Sara (velocipedal) | 32 comments Going to give The Gene: An Intimate History by Siddhartha Mukherjee a go.

message 42: by Amber (new)

Amber | 38 comments I read Everything We Keep by Kerry Lonsdale.

message 44: by Brittani (new)

Brittani Allen | 23 comments I read never never part 3

message 45: by AF (new)

AF | 345 comments America's First Daughter by Stephanie Dray

Great book!

message 46: by Melody (new)

Melody | 203 comments I read quite a few books that came out this year, but the one I used for this challenge was The Caped Crusade: Batman and the Rise of Nerd Culture by Glen Weldon. It's a cultural history of Batman that looks at both the affect that popular and political culture had on the portrayal of Batman overtime as well as the affect Batman had on the culture at large.

message 47: by Rachel (new)

Rachel A. (abyssallibrarian) | 623 comments I just finished reading This Is Where It Ends