Booktastic Bookaholics discussion

2015 Archives > December Book Pool

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (last edited Dec 07, 2015 03:18PM) (new)

Andrea (booktasticnerd87) | 4512 comments Mod
You can add up to three books to this pool per month. Try to see how many books that members list can you read! It's a fun little challenge that I have tried to do when there are books that I own on it.

The Giver (The Giver, #1) by Lois Lowry The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson Paper Towns by John Green Babe in Boyland by Jody Gehrman A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen My True Love Gave to Me Twelve Holiday Stories by Stephanie Perkins The Paris Mysteries (Confessions, #3) by James Patterson Bone Gap by Laura Ruby Because It Is My Blood (Birthright, #2) by Gabrielle Zevin Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) by Marissa Meyer Soundless by Richelle Mead Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer

message 2: by Joan (new)

Joan Walker | 10 comments Is this books we recommend or books we want to read?

message 4: by Joan (new)

Joan Walker | 10 comments I just bought I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson , so I'll be reading it in December. If this is for books I'd recommend, it would be Dirty Secrets of the World's Worst Employee by Jenn Sadai and Happily Ever After (The Selection, #0.4, 0.5, 2.5, 2.6) by Kiera Cass ! I loved them both!

message 5: by TessaMarie (new)

TessaMarie Beard I'm not a mod, but I think this is where, each month you post 3 books and then try to read as many of the books other People have posted as you can.

message 6: by Joan (new)

Joan Walker | 10 comments Thanks TessaMarie! Guess it would be cheating that I've already read two of the ones I picked. How about Paper Towns by John Green , Babe in Boyland by Jody Gehrman , and I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson !

message 7: by Andrea (new)

TessaMarie wrote: "I'm not a mod, but I think this is where, each month you post 3 books and then try to read as many of the books other People have posted as you can."

You are correct, but they can be books you would recommend as well for your three choices.

message 8: by Andrea (new)

Joan wrote: "Thanks TessaMarie! Guess it would be cheating that I've already read two of the ones I picked. How about Paper Towns by John Green, Babe in Boyland by Jody Gehrman, and [bookcover:I'll Gi..."

Since TessaMarie picked I'll Give you the Sun pick another one please.

message 9: by Megan (last edited Dec 04, 2015 08:17PM) (new)

Megan (ReadingRover) | 1232 comments Mod
The Paris Mysteries (Confessions, #3) by James Patterson , Bone Gap by Laura Ruby , Because It Is My Blood (Birthright, #2) by Gabrielle Zevin

message 10: by Megan (new)

Im so bad at the book pool!

message 11: by Andrea (new)

Megan you are not bad at it.

message 12: by Megan (new)

Lol I'm good at picking books for it but not good at reading them!!!

message 13: by Andrea (new)

Honestly I am the same way. So I end up picking books I know I plan to read for that month. Like I already know what books I plan to read in January so my noms have come from that.

message 14: by Megan (new)

Well I managed to finish Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer and I am even almost done with The Paris Mysteries (Confessions, #3) by James Patterson . That's 2 for me out 0f the pool. I may even squeeze in a third!

message 16: by Megan (new)

Ceci ((normal is boring!!!!!)) wrote: "The Giver (The Giver, #1) by Lois Lowry Paper Towns by John Green Bone Gap by Laura Ruby"

I'm so jealous that you read Bone Gap! I suggested it and I didn't even get close to reading it. How was it? Its hovering near the top of my list.

message 17: by Cecilia (new)

Cecilia (cecilia-reads) It's soooo good!!!! You have to read it!!! I highly suggest it!

message 18: by Megan (new)

I definitely will. I've been dying too. I've heard amazing things!!!

message 19: by Megan (new)

Finished The Paris Mysteries (Confessions, #3) by James Patterson . Thats a solid 2!

message 20: by Andrea (new)

Okay so I finished Scarlet and Cress and I am about to finish Harry Potter! So I'll have three out of this. don't forget to suggest books for the January Pool!

Make sure to check other's comments so you do not suggest a book someone else has already suggested. We want different books from everyone!