The Challenge Factory discussion

Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin, #2)
This topic is about Dark Triumph
2015 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Nichole & Trea - Dark Triumph

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5838 comments Mod
Nichole & Trea - Dark Triumph

message 2: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 4390 comments Mod
Nichole, when would you like to get to this? I have two already set up, one for Dec 1 and one for Dec 5. I can go for anytime after the 7th.

Nichole | 1862 comments I have this on audio so that makes things easier for me. As of right now, I'm open.

message 4: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

How about we just give a shout when one of us is ready to start it?

Nichole | 1862 comments Sounds good to me :)

Nichole | 1862 comments So this works for one of my team challenges. I can probably start it on Saturday or wait until the beginning of next week. If you have other stuff going on and want to wait I can pick something else. It's no biggie! I'm working straight through until next Friday, UGH, so I'll be even slower than normal. I'm so over Christmas, lol.

message 7: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nichole wrote: "So this works for one of my team challenges. I can probably start it on Saturday or wait until the beginning of next week. If you have other stuff going on and want to wait I can pick something els..."

I have the next In Death book Buddy Read starting Saturday, and a group read for Fatal Flaw starting on Monday. Wednesday wraps up The League series buddy read, so if we were looking at next week, I probably wouldn't be able to start it until Friday.

However, I JUST finished a book, like within the past few minutes and have reviewed it. I can start this right now, and just put comments under spoilers if necessary. It's been years since I read Grave Mercy, so I might be a bit confused!

Nichole | 1862 comments Okay, sure! I should be able to at least start this tomorrow afternoon/evening. It's not too long but with work it still might take me a couple of days to finish it. It's been a while for me too! I think I need to read some reviews and refresh my memory.

Nichole | 1862 comments Are you sure you don't mind? I have several other books I can read instead. Hmmm, should we read the 1st book again? Turn this into another FWYS knock out, lol. I think there's a site that does recaps. In fact, I think it's called Recaps or something. Gonna go look for it!

message 10: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (last edited Dec 03, 2015 05:38PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

I don't mind at all! I just looked at my review for Grave Mercy, and I read it over 3 years ago! Reading several reviews, I think I can do Dark Triumph well enough. Gonna make it your call--re-read the first one or no?

Nichole | 1862 comments Me too! June 2012 :)

I don't think I need a re-read of the first one. I think I'll pick up enough from reading reviews and diving in that it will come together. Let's do this!

message 12: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nichole wrote: "Me too! June 2012 :)

I don't think I need a re-read of the first one. I think I'll pick up enough from reading reviews and diving in that it will come together. Let's do this!"

I was July 2012! Starting the second one then!

Are we going for the third this month too?

Nichole | 1862 comments That would be great, if it works out. I've tried to leave myself mostly open because work is kicking my butt right now. I think it's manageable though! If not, I would definitely be interested in reading it next month.

message 14: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nichole wrote: "That would be great, if it works out. I've tried to leave myself mostly open because work is kicking my butt right now. I think it's manageable though! If not, I would definitely be interested in reading it next month."

Sounds like a good plan to me! Just keep me updated and let me know either way!

Nichole | 1862 comments Of course I had to work late again and had very little reading time today. So I'll be starting this in the morning. I'm only scheduled to work 6 hours tomorrow so I should be able to get some reading in after work. We'll see! Have you started yet? Are you lost or is it coming together okay?

message 16: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nichole wrote: "Of course I had to work late again and had very little reading time today. So I'll be starting this in the morning. I'm only scheduled to work 6 hours tomorrow so I should be able to get some reading in after work. We'll see! Have you started yet? Are you lost or is it coming together okay?"

I've started it, but I'm reading it in tandem with two other buddy reads, so it's slow going for me. I'm not very lost, from what I read in reviews, it overlaps the ending of Grave Mercy a bit, but told from a different point of view. I'm liking it so far!

Nichole | 1862 comments I am so sorry, Trea. I promise I'm not trying to ignore this! I've only had a little bit of reading time over the weekend. I'm hoping to catch up and finish over the next couple of days!

I'm up to Ch. 19- (view spoiler)

message 18: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

Don't worry too much about it, I'm only about 18% in myself!

Nichole | 1862 comments I'm up to Chapter 29 -(view spoiler)

Nichole | 1862 comments I'm a terrible BR this month :(

I finished last night. I really enjoy this series. I don't Loooooove it but I do enjoy it. It makes me think of the Sevenwaters trilogy by Juliet Marillier or a little like Arthurian legends. Well except for all the magic and sorcery in those. It's the setting and religions.

Anyway- (view spoiler)

message 21: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

Don't feel bad, I'm a worse BR this month! I haven't been able to read it much and am still back where I was. I'm hoping to read it more now, and finish it today.

message 22: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

I did wind up finishing it today, as I've been sick with a cold. It wasn't bad, definitely different than what I am used to! I might wait a bit to read the last book in the series.