Start by marking “Fatal Flaw (Fatal, #4)” as Want to Read:
Fatal Flaw (Fatal, #4)

Fatal Flaw

(Fatal #4)

(98,000 words)

Already on edge, Sam and her team start investigatin
Published February 6th 2012 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Fatal Flaw, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fatal Flaw

Start your review of Fatal Flaw (Fatal, #4)
Nicola
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars.

description Look at it this way—never a dull moment.”

Next!

description

description
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

When it comes to romantic suspense, Marie Force delivers exciting, believable stories, and Fatal Flaw, the fourth book in the Fatal series is no exception.

Senator Nick Cappuano and D.C. Police Lieutenant Samantha Holland are home from their two week, romantic honeymoon on Bora Bora. Literally, just minutes past midnight on her official ‘first day back,’ Sam gets called to work, and it begins. With investigations, campaigning, cold cases, threats, cheating husbands, missing people and murder, Sa
Jonetta
Sep 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There's so much going on in this story! Sam and Nick return from their honeymoon and everything seems to be running amok. Among their wedding acknowledgements are some cards that are threatening, Skip Holland gets ill and there are a series of inexplicable murders that don't seem to be connected. If that's not enough, Sam has her detectives looking into the one case Skip was never able to solve

I enjoyed how the police work and the relationship issues were woven throughout the book. It's not jus
Wendy
Sam and Nick return from their honeymoon, to be faced with a double murder and threatening letters to both their safety. This really shows the other facet to their characters in how they deal with the issues ahead of them and their committed love for one another. Which by the way is sublime. Nick Cappuano can "park his shoes" under my bed anyday!

Nick Cappuano.

nick c.

I also thoroughly enjoyed the secondary stories, involving the other characters. It was like coming home, to people you love. So good.
Anne OK
Jul 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012-reads
The honeymoon is definitely not over for Nick and Sam! But apparently it is their destiny to be cursed with continual confrontations and interruptions from all sides of the law. But never fear because these two are hotter than ever and their relationship steadily grows stronger. Sam and Nick's relationship remains front and center in every story, the cases continue to be "arresting" and captivating, the storylines developing among the secondary cast are equally as dazzling to read, along with th ...more
Diane
Jan 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Excellent book - didn't know who did it until the last couple chapters. Very good plot line, well written - really like this author and this series in particular.

From the blurb: Back from their honeymoon, Senator Nick Cappuano and D.C. Police Lieutenant Sam Holland are ready for some normalcy after the whirlwind of their wedding, but someone has other plans for them. When Sam discovers wedding cards containing thinly veiled death threats, she's not sure if she or Nick is the target.

Already on ed
ShoSho
Nov 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, elib, x-2015
Not too bad but a step down from the last book!
willaful
Returning from her honeymoon (after getting married to Senator Nick Cappuano in Fatal Destiny: The Fatal Series Wedding Novella), Police Lieutenant Sam Holland finds herself plunged abruptly back into the world of investigating crime. Someone is killing people who seemingly don’t have an enemy in the world; someone else is sending Nick and Sam distinctly unfriendly sounding “congratulation” cards. Or could there be a connection between the two?

This was my first time trying this series; my first
Lisa Filipe
May 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who LOVE a Great Romance Suspense Series

The Only FLAW in Fatal Flaw was that it ENDED!! I NEEDED MORE!!

Let me tell you, a Samantha IN LOVE is a Samantha I love!! From the first page we have our Nick and Sam back, and not just back from Bora Bora, where they Honeymooned, but we get the Sam and Nick who love each other more than anything in the world, and I didn't think I could fall anymore in love with this Series, but Marie made it possible!

So, here we have Sam and Nick, In Love and Happy....well....that
Vettech
May 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another great page turner from Marie Force. I'm not usually a violent person...ask anyone!!! However, when the bad nasty serial killer broke into my girl Sam's house and slashed all her clothes including her beautiful wedding dress made by Vera Wang.....well, that was the last straw!! I wanted to string them up by their finger nails. Poor Sam was just heartbroken over the dress.

Marie is oh so clever with the murders in these books. You just never know who the killer is till the end.

Nick & Sam w
Kjen
Apr 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Love how this series just keeps getting better. Sam and Nick are awesome! Loving the Scotty story line and the wisdom of Graham O'Conner in that area. Sam and Nick are truly blessed with the village that surrounds them. I can't write a very long review because I need to go and start the next book! Enjoy... ...more
Angela
Mar 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wished there was more space to put more stars. I cannot say enough about this series, the only thing is I wished there were more in this series. Next to the "In Death" series this has to be my next favourite series. Love reading it more with each book. Really recommend this series to anyone. ...more
Amanda
Jan 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Book 5 in the series is not like most series that you think the first is the best. This could be the best one in the series so far! The only "Flaw" was that the book ended and left me wanting LOTS more. (Please write faster and faster Marie, I have to know what happens!)

Sam and Nick just back from Bora Bora are so in love and having a hard time wanting to go back to work. Murders throughout the city targeting them makes Sam head back to work faster than she expected or wanted. This case at times
Paraphrodite
Jun 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened, 2020, 2014
3.5 stars.

Re-listened in Nov 2020. They seemed to have settled on one narrator but unfortunately, I find the male voices very weird.

This time around, I think I can still see a lot of similarities with the In Death series. I can almost do a one to one match of the characters! Sometimes, this series does feel like it's alternate fan fiction. But wouldn't it be nice if the USA has someone like Nick in Washington at the moment. Or President Bartlet from the West Wing. 😏

____________________

I have to
**Manjula ♥ Connor Cobalt**
Jul 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
OH MY GOSH, I think I just cried.

No, it wasn't that Sam couldn't catch a break in this book.

Nor was it Nick's devastating disappointment when he heard "No".

It was Terry. Dear alcoholic Terry. PURE SWEET REDEMPTION. His speech at AA, reduced me to tears.

Here's to everyone who's really working to make their second chances count. YOU ROCK!
Sandra Hoover
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-suspense
Another great read in this series!
Lynn
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fatal Flaw is another good entry in the Fatal Series. In this story, Nick and Sam are back from their honeymoon when Sam discovers that she has received some semi threatening cards and letters since her wedding. At the same time, several murders of people with seemingly no enemies or reasons for them to be killed come under the radar of Sam and her team. As with the other books in this series, Sam is also dealing with the personal lives of her family and friends including her paraplegic father w ...more
Meghan
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Did not see that ending coming and I loved it! Sam is quickly becoming one of my favorite female leads between her intelligence, sass and snark! I got a bit confused between Freddie and Tony at times due to the interchanging of first and last names, but enjoyed seeing their characters being more involved in the stories.
MountainKat
Another good one in the series. I enjoyed the journey in everyone's lives because the personal seemed to dominate over the crimes this time round.

I listened to the audio with Felicity Munroe's narration.
Bobbie
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Intriguingly suspenseful. Amazingly enjoyable characters. Great series.
Jo Ann
May 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another great edition to the series. So glad there are so many more books to read!
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
Stellar 4.5 stars.
This is an enjoyable series. The female lead is tough, dedicated and deeply flawed. Her love interest is dashing. The secondary characters are developing at a steady clip but not too fast. Scottie the kid is a good match for The Senator. The mystery is not perfect but it’s entertaining so why pick? Again, I this book had some fun laughs, some heartfelt sad and compassionate moments.
Cocktails and Books
If you aren't up to speed on the magnificent Fatal Series, our central characters are Samantha Holland, Metro Police Lieutenant in the homicide division and Senator Nick Cappuano. At the beginning of the series, they were reunited during the murder investigation for Nick's best friend, Senator John O'Conner. They have spent the past three books on a whirlwind romance filled with intrigue, murder, and mayhem.

After Fatal Destiny, the wedding novella, I was convinced that Sam and Nick weren't going
Ami
Jan 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Denise ~The Procrastinating Book Diva~
As much as I love Nick & Sam this series continues to disappoint with the suspense / police procedural aspects. The seemingly random murders, how they are eventually connected, and ultimately solved make absolutely no sense!!! Sam kind of floated through Fatal Flaw being constantly praised for being "one of the best homicide detectives in the country" but she never really DID anything. Our top rated detective didn't even figure out who the suspect was - another character did!!

Although I still fi
Annii
Sep 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-arc
Fatal Flaw begins with Sam and Nick returning from their honeymoon in Bora Bora. Their troubles being with a double murder and wedding cards which arrive congratulating them on their marriage, all is normal until Sam discovers threatening notes to both herself and Nick.
We see a very different relationship between Nick and Sam now they are married, Sam’s earlier issues with informing Nick about concerns and threats mad against her life seem to be cleared. Their relationship seems to be heading in
Christa
Jan 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook-arc
Fatal Flaw is a great addition to the Fatal series. I love the characters of Lt. Samantha Holland and Senatur Nick Cappuana, and this book was a satisfying continuation of their story. As usual, there was plenty of steam and chemistry between the two main characters amid a suspenseful and fast paced storyline. I am already impatient to see what happens next in the lives of these two great characters.

Lt. Sam Holland returns from her honeymoon with her new husband, Senator Nick Cappuano to find m
Judith
Jan 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
4.25 out of 5. This fourth book in the series continues the story of Lt. Samantha Holland and her now husband Senator Nick Cappuano. Those of us who have agonized through the ups and downs of this decorated police officer's experiences were delighted that Sam and Nick made it to the altar, but the "spit" hit the fan just minutes after Sam is once again on duty after returning from their honeymoon. People are dying--people who are good, who have no enemies, no one who would have a motive for kill ...more
Bette Stanek
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Seriously, this series gets better with every single book!!! Each new book becomes my favorite of the series. Fatal Flaw is definitely now my new favorite. There is so much there, the chemistry between Nick and Sam continues to grow, the other characters are solidifying their places and more and more are becoming just below the main characters. This series truly involves many people and situations, some overlapping, some separate, just like real life.

Nick and Sam are getting back into the grind
Wminbc
Jul 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Nick and Sam have finally done it! Married and just back from their two week honeymoon, they both reluctantly face the real world. For Sam, that real world greets her with a double homicide. For Nick, campaigning and bags and bags of congratulatory mail. Sam is back in true form. The hard nosed cop throws herself into the investigation, but comes up blank when the puzzle pieces won't fit together.

To make matters worse, Sam opens one of the Wedding cards left on her desk to discover a none too v
2-3-4 Challenge B...: * Fatal Series 6 20 Aug 19, 2017 02:41AM
Romance Lovers fo...: Fatal Consequences (Fatal #4) Start Date: December 7, 2015 49 37 Dec 28, 2015 12:08PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Fatal Flaw (#4) Discussion 2 7 Apr 30, 2015 12:07PM
Goodreads Librari...: Please add Cover 2 15 Jun 08, 2014 06:44PM

• Virtuous (Quantum, #1)
  • Rapturous (Quantum, #4)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
  • Victorious (Quantum, #3)
  • Ravenous (Quantum, #5)
  • Delirious (Quantum, #6)
  • Operation Power Play (Cutter's Code, #5)
  • Operation Soldier Next Door (Cutter's Code, #7)
  • Faithless in Death (In Death, #52)
  • Securing Jane (SEAL of Protection: Legacy, #6.5)
  • Operation Alpha (Cutter's Code #8)
  • The Billionaire’s Christmas Son (Elkin Brothers Christmas #3)
  • Shielding Jayme (Delta Team Two, #4)
  • Outrageous (Quantum, #7)
  • Operation Unleashed (Cutter's Code, #4)
  • A Sinful Encore (Brilliance Trilogy #3)
  • To Love Someone (Baytown Boys, #14)
  • Shielding Riley (Delta Team Two, #5)
See top shelves…
Marie Force is the New York Times bestselling author of contemporary romance, romantic suspense and erotic romance. Her series include Gansett Island, Fatal, Treading Water, Butler Vermont and Quantum.

Her books have sold nearly 10 million copies worldwide, have been translated into more than a dozen languages and have appeared on the New York Times bestseller more than 30 times. She is also a USA

Fatal (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Fatal Affair (Fatal, #1)
  • Fatal Justice (Fatal, #2)
  • Fatal Consequences (Fatal, #3)
  • Fatal Deception (Fatal, #5)
  • Fatal Mistake (Fatal, #6)
  • Fatal Jeopardy (Fatal, #7)
  • Fatal Scandal (Fatal, #8)
  • Fatal Frenzy (Fatal, #9)
  • Fatal Identity (Fatal, #10)
  • Fatal Threat (Fatal, #11)