fantasy book lovers!! discussion

general > introductions...

Comments Showing 1-50 of 157 (157 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) y dont u all introduce urselves 2 the group i guess ill go 1st
my name is katie and i luv fantasy books my faves r twilight saga and wicked lovely. at the min am on a break from my university course which am doin commercial photography. am also 23 years old and i luv the teen fantasy books.
welcum 2 u all xx

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) My name is Ashley and I am 23 years old. I LOVE to read. I am a bookaholic. I like any kind of fantasy series. I have read the Twilight series, the House of Night series, the Mortal Instrument trilogy, the Harry Potter series and the Harry Potter series. I plan to read the Vampire Academy series, the Immortals series by Alyson Noel, etc.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

My name is Alora, I'm 14 years old. I like fantasy books a lot.

message 4: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) welcum eme and ashley hope u enjoy this group

message 5: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (lettingtheinkdry) Hey I'm Carrie I'm 15 and I love way to many fantasy book to count let alone list them. I also write my own stories.

message 6: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) wulcum 2 carrie 2

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello I am Missy. I love fantasy books! Twilight, HON, Midnighters, Harry Potter, all of it. i live in MT. I am a stay at home mom of two. I am married to my Wonderful husband and I love to discuss books!

message 8: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) welcum missy

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ รђ๏รђคภคђ  (shoey924) Ok, well since there is another mom on here I don't feel so bad! Hi Missy!! :-)
I;m still probably the oldest-I'm 32 and have 2 kids. I am a school psychologist and avid reader! I guess that's obvious! I love YA probably the best of all genres, but also love fantasy and supernatural regardless of being YA or not. My husband doesn't get it, but I say it's because those last few years of young adulthood are probably the hardest and yet the best years. They are so full of intense emotion, discovery, and growing as a person. Mix all that up with some wizrds, vampires, or fairies and you got me!! :-)
So, anyway-that's me! LOL

message 10: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) hi shoshanah i have 2 say school psychologist wow thats interesting. also am the same as long as the book has wizards, vampires am there

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ รђ๏รђคภคђ  (shoey924) It's an awesome job! I love working with teenagers-they love me because I'm still very young at heart and never judge them the way most adults do! I also love psychology-it's fascinating! So, perfect combination, and I get to work 10 months out of the year plus holidays off. Can't beat that!

message 12: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ รђ๏รђคภคђ wrote: "It's an awesome job! I love working with teenagers-they love me because I'm still very young at heart and never judge them the way most adults do! I also love psychology-it's fascinating! So, perfe..."

lol, wow ur a braver person than me teenagers round here r evil especially from my old school mayb they cud have dun wiv sum1 like u lol

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ รђ๏รђคภคђ  (shoey924) LOL! Oh there are some scary ones, don't get me wrong!
But I've noticed that even the worst attitudes can be changed once they see that you aren't out to get them. Some kids are so used to negative attention that they just expect it.
Sadly, too many kids are raised with no respect for othe people. I can't believe the things that some kids will say or do to their teachers and parents!! Scary!

message 14: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i dont think we even had a psychologist and they deffinately needed 1 and i can believe the things they say and do coz they always did at my school

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ รђ๏รђคภคђ  (shoey924) I have heard that the UK is majorly in need of school psychs. If I could convince my husband I would SO be there! I can't wait to go and I'm convinced I must have lived there in a past life or something. LOL

message 16: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) lol guess wot av always wanted 2 live in the US cant stand were i live theres nothing 2 do which is probs y the chids get in2 trouble

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ รђ๏รђคภคђ  (shoey924) Seriously!!?? Wow, that's crazy! But you can go to so many other countries from where you are! The closest country to me is Canada!!

message 18: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (heavnlyfire) Hi my name is Siobhan Elizabeth marilyn simpson. I am 14 and live in Australia NSW...(Newcastle). I love to read fantasy books about vampires and ghosts and stuff ..... Ya da!! Now u know me. :)

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ รђ๏รђคภคђ  (shoey924) You have an awesome name!

message 20: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) hi siobhan theres a newcastle in england 2.
my nans from canada everywere near me wud have 2 use sum form of transport am not so gud wiv that

message 21: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (heavnlyfire) :D. Thankypu I like my name to
I've always wanted to go to England but I'm going to America in 10 weeks

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ รђ๏รђคภคђ wrote: "Ok, well since there is another mom on here I don't feel so bad! Hi Missy!! :-)
I;m still probably the oldest-I'm 32 and have 2 kids. I am a school psychologist and avid reader! I guess that's ob..."

Ok first of all I love the font or whatever it is on your name!!! Second hello! I'm 24 btw and yep I'm a mom too.....I know what you mean though I always feel like the old one around all these teen girls but they have great insights on books and are fun to chat with so its all peaches! =)

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ รђ๏รђคภคђ  (shoey924) Hey missy! Yes, agreed! Thanks, I was shown how to do it by Airemy. I can send u the link if you want to give it a shot.:-)

message 24: by Esther (new)

Esther (essie7198) ok.... im Esther... im new oviosly, im into anything that has something to do with fanticy, im... well im not alowed to say my age to strangers, sooooo im in middle school

message 25: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i 2 feel old and am just 23
hi esther welcum 2 the group

message 26: by Caitlin Cierra (new)

Caitlin Cierra (caitterbug) Hi.I am Caitlin =)
I lovee to read, esp. fantasy books!!!
I live in Louisiana and I'm a SOPHOMORE in High School.

message 27: by ~Kate~ (last edited Jul 22, 2009 01:31PM) (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) welcum caitlin, thanx 4 joining

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh yes PLEASE! That would be so cool. thank you Shosh.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

WELCOME TO ALL YOU NEW PEOPLE>>>GLAD TO HAVE YOU JOIN US!

Christa (is on top of the world!) (obsesedwbooks) | 8 comments Hi, I'm christa, and yes I love to read a good fantasy book! Actualy, I'm in the middle of one right now called 'What-the-Dickens!' It's surprisingly, and yet so wonderfully, complicated.

message 31: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 29, 2009 06:23PM) (new)

im in 7th grade. i live in ga. im 12 1/2. my name is alli. I LUV THE HOST!!! I like fantasy books. espacially my sister's books. (shes in high skool, shes an awesome riter but she gets about half way thro writing a book and then stops so....)...

message 32: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ Hai newbies! Welcome to my humble abode. jk ; p Welcome, I hope you enjoy this group even tho I'm sure that you will.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

hi!!

message 34: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ Hola! So...what's ur fav fantasy book?

Christa (is on top of the world!) (obsesedwbooks) | 8 comments Allison wrote: "im in 7th grade. i live in ga. im 12 1/2. my name is alli. I LUV THE HOST!!! I like fantasy books. espacially my sister's books. (shes in high skool, shes an awesome riter but she gets about half w..."

Omg, I liked 'the Host' soo much that read it twice! I'd read it a third time, however A) I lent it to my grandma, on my dads side, to read. B) I have all my favorite parts, pretty much, memorized. And C) I have soo many other books to read on my book shelf (literaly, I have a bookself crammed with books and I've only had the chance to read a quarter of them), for the first time, to even think about re-reading a book right now!

Speaking of which, I can feel a book calling out to me right now. (figuritively speaking, of course.) Mabey I'll finish it tonight.I'll get back to you peoples tomarrow!

message 36: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ Well, I wanted to read the Host but the beginning didn't quite catch my attention so I just couldn't get into it. And I know what you mean by I can feel a book calling out to me right now I have those moments.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello to all you new people glad you are here =)

message 38: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ hey missy! whats up?

message 39: by coeli (new)

coeli (goodreadscomboogaloo) hi i m coeli
fantasy is...there aren't words to explain how great it is!

p.s.its really nice how u thank every1 for joining!!

message 40: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ Thats just the way we roll. o gosh, isn't that a Jonas brother song?

Christa (is on top of the world!) (obsesedwbooks) | 8 comments Hi, there! That book was really good! I stayed up late just so that I could finish it! I love how the sections of the book What-the-Dickens are peiced together so that it's easy to understaind, yet complicated to explian! lol, that almost always gets most of my friends into reading a book that I just finished. The only downside is, well... a few of them can be a bit blunt about whether they liked it or not. It's kind of well... annoying and unoriganal.
Oops, there I go rambling on again about stuff, sorry. Anyway point is, I liked the book enough to want to pass it on to my friends!

message 42: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) welcum 2 all u new guys and thanx 4 joining

message 43: by Carlene (new)

Carlene (ctaylor66) my names carlene and im 19 years old. i used to hate reading until i read the house of night series now i can't ever put books down. fantasy is awesome!

message 44: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) hi carlene welcum 2 my group and thanx 4 joining!!

message 45: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 04, 2009 04:53AM) (new)

Why do I have a feeling that I'am the youngest??

I'am Maryam!I'am 11, and going to 7th grade tomorrow......I love reading fantasy!I LOVE harry potter, The Inheritance Cycle and a lot of other books!:]]]]

message 46: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) Good luck in school tomorrow Maryam! You might be the youngest, but I think I may be the oldest!

I guess I haven't done an intro yet. My name is Carrie (or Care for short) and I'm 33. I always loved to read, but I read a lot more as I got older. Between the ages of 10-16 I used to read a lot of Anne Rice, V.C. Andrews, Shakespeare... It wasn't until I was 17 when a friend from another province sent me a fantasy series and I've been hooked on fantasy ever since. I love Harry Potter and the wheel of Time series, but have a special place in my heart for Twilight and The Mortal Instruments series. I'm not sure I will find another series I love as much.

message 47: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) welcum both of u and thanx 4 joining

message 48: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ Hey Katie.

message 49: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) hey jenny long time no speak lol

message 50: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ Right. lol. what have u been up to?

« previous 1 3 4