What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Modern Arthurian Retelling [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karson (new)

Karson (kchowerter) | 2 comments Hello all! I've been searching for a particular book for years now (I revisit my search every year or so). I read it ~6 years ago, and remember neither title nor author. No amount of google or library keyword search seems to work, so I hope someone here can help!

The details: The book starts with a teenage boy taking a train from his home in London to rural England, where he arrives at a deserted train stop. He follows the road, and finds a castle of sorts, which he enters. The castle as I remember is magic. I remember that the boy moves out of his home with a drug addicted mother to stay with his wealthy uncle.

He is supposed to study and work as I remember, but he instead spends much of his time with a group of actors that reenact scenes from Arthurian legend. At some point in the book, the protagonist blows off seeing his mother on a holiday, and she takes her own life.

He proceeds to wander the English countryside as it is in Arthurian legend, with the Black Knight etc. Eventually he regains purpose or whatever, and returns to the modern day a changed person.

The book must be little known, I can't find a trace anywhere! Thanks again to any and all who see this!

message 2: by Polly (last edited Nov 29, 2015 12:02PM) (new)

Polly (pollya) | 132 comments Corbenic, by Catherine Fisher. If it's not this, I'll be really surprised :)

message 3: by Karson (last edited Nov 29, 2015 09:10PM) (new)

Karson (kchowerter) | 2 comments Thats it! Thank you so much, that saved me so much searching. Weight off my shoulders right there.

SOLVED

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Corbenic (other topics)